What are you playing?

GasBandit

Staff member
I am so, so glad I never got into that money sink.
Not because I don't think I would enjoy it... probably way too much the opposite.

Managed to find my USB stick today, which meant I could drop a bunch of Godzilla movie music onto it, plug it into the PS4, and make an already awesome Godzilla game even better.

I played for three and a half hours. I appreciate that the PS4 makes it so easy and quick to jump between the media player and the game, so I could set up whatever music I wanted for the situation (Godzilla vs Destoroyah music for turning into Burning G, Super X theme for when that battle happens, and of course Jet Jaguar's song). Unfortunately I couldn't record video during this, but it reshaped the experience and I don't think I can go back to playing it with the game's own score.

The lack of recording was too bad, because while I was fighting the Gotengo, Destoroyah showed up, and the Gotengo turned its attention to him. It was pretty cool that each time I forced Destoroyah back, the Gotengo would swoop in and laser his backside. I will pretend Commander Gordon from Godzilla: Final Wars was piloting it for the sake of badassery.

Played some Splatoon, taking my squidkid to level 4. I can see why people love the game, but I'm not sure how I feel yet. The restriction on maps really bothers me, especially because the fucking Warehouse shows up constantly and is easily my least favorite map. For the style of game this is the level is far too constrictive and doesn't allow much team play outside of the dummies playing deathmatch in the middle.

FFXIV has had a lot of downtime this past week due to the new raids being set up (and tuning new classes) so I've been diving back into old games. Put a few hours into Earthbound and Final Fantasy VI, though I'm using a guide this time around because there is a shitload of easy-to-miss items and the like in both games, and outside of major sidequests I've forgotten where a lot of the hidden stuff is.

Xeodrifter is a complete joy to play and it's only like 3 bucks right now on Steam for 4 more days. Get it if you like Metroidvanias.

Oh man, the plane shift power is super trippy.

Last edited:
Xeodrifter is a complete joy to play and it's only like 3 bucks right now on Steam for 4 more days. Get it if you like Metroidvanias.

Oh man, the plane shift power is super trippy.
I second the recommendation. It's short, but it's fun.

Got Binding of Isaac: Rebirth on New 3DS today. It's a good fit and the map is much more functional this way. There's some glitch where the music vanishes--that or it's supposed to happen.

So I was talking to my buddy and he got me to play some Hearthstone to get my mind of stuff. I barely gave it a chance before. I think my Magic experience is really at play here because so far I've decimated my opponents in the arena and just casual play. Like, it's not even close how badly I'm stomping.

I guess I should start playing ranked matches so I can get to people of similar skill, I feel like one of those jerks that creates a new account in a multiplayer game just to mess over newbies.

Ha ha ha, did another run in the arena and got supremo-crushed. I wish I had card pools like the 3 mages in a row I went against.

So I was talking to my buddy and he got me to play some Hearthstone to get my mind of stuff. I barely gave it a chance before. I think my Magic experience is really at play here because so far I've decimated my opponents in the arena and just casual play. Like, it's not even close how badly I'm stomping.

I guess I should start playing ranked matches so I can get to people of similar skill, I feel like one of those jerks that creates a new account in a multiplayer game just to mess over newbies.
Are we bnet friends? I'll play you any time.

The only "good" card I have is a Golden Mechatorque from open beta who seems to only summon repair bots that seem to only heal my opponents.

So, I keep getting paired up with people who have these epic'd out decks. Like other than a couple of base cards, every card he played was purple or orange. That seems bullshitty in the matchmaking.

So, I keep getting paired up with people who have these epic'd out decks. Like other than a couple of base cards, every card he played was purple or orange. That seems bullshitty in the matchmaking.
If you're playing ranked, the ranks reset every month, so someone that was, say, rank 4 two months ago might be rank 20 now if they haven't played.

The good news is that there have been players that have made it all the way to legendary playing only basic cards. I would suggest saving your gold and putting it towards the single player adventures, starting with Naxxramus. Not only are they really fun, they reward some of the best cards in the game.

That seems bullshitty in the matchmaking.
Welcome to Hearthstone. The matchmaking is dynamic, so if you keep losing to cheesy OP decks, the game will match you with lower and lower opponents until you meet someone closer to your level.
The good news is that there have been players that have made it all the way to legendary playing only basic cards. I would suggest saving your gold and putting it towards the single player adventures, starting with Naxxramus. Not only are they really fun, they reward some of the best cards in the game.
Yes. There's a periodic quest that will gift you a pack for watching someone else win. Save your gold for Naxx, etc., and let the quests fill in your gold and basic cards for the time being until you get more of the basic deck collected.

--Patrick

I need to set a timer while playing Godzilla; I just get sucked in and don't notice my whole day vanishing.

So glad for the random fight patterns that crop up at times. My penultimate fight in my last run had Godzilla (me) vs Super Mechagodzilla and Rodan, and then it threw in Super X-2 for some reason. Intense and challenging; loved it. Plus the music from the fight's movie (1992 Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla) came up on my playlist at that time.

Managed to catch some on camera, playing one-handed and doing poorly (ended up having to restart the fight, but it was too cool not to capture some of it).

How long does the content in Naxx and Blackrock take to go through? I was thinking of just buying them outright instead of a long gold grind and just using the gold to arena.

How long does the content in Naxx and Blackrock take to go through? I was thinking of just buying them outright instead of a long gold grind and just using the gold to arena.
Depends on your cards. Each boss has a gimmick, you have to build a deck to defeat said gimmick, then you win cards. If you don't have cards that can nullify the gimmick, then you have to find some that do.

--Patrick

I'm not going to link to the posts where I beat heroic mode of each wing the very days they were released... but it happened :p