What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

It's a chunk of blu-tack. It's to get dust off the stylus when a brush needs help.
I actually thought it was poster putty or something, and that it was there because you somehow determined the balance of your turntable was off by exactly THIS MUCH and that having it there fixed it, or something like that.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
A couple years ago, Giuseppe Ottaviani created a trance arrangement of the Doctor Who theme. I don't know why, but it's in heavy rotation right now on DI.FM, so it seems like a day doesn't go by without me hearing it at least once -.-;

Not my thing, really, but maybe any HF Whovians might like it.

Sash! - Ecuador

Snap! - Rhythm is a Dancer

Dunno, maybe I've just got a fever right now for overly-excited 4-letter bands going at 135BPM.

--Patrick

Last edited:

Nother new single from their upcoming album. This is some real Boggy Depot sounding stuff. Duvall sounds really good on this one too.

Just breezed my way through Diablo Swing Orchestra's latest album (Pacifisticuffs) which came out in Dec 2017 but I only got around to it now 'cause I'm bad at keeping up with bands I like.

I...don't like the album very much. There's a few good songs on it (like the one linked below) but on a whole I prefer the other three to this one, although I can't quite pinpoint why. Ah well. They can't all be winners, I suppose.

I started a Spotify playlist of rock, punk, and ska bands with female leads, just so I can ensure my daughter hears some women rockers.

So it's been a lot of Joan Jett, Blondie, and the Interrupters.

For some reason Spotify doesn't have Joan Jett's two biggest singles on it though.

I finally gave up trying to get Pandora to play me any specific type of music faithfully, and started a "random as all heck" station - this time keeping it simple. If it sounds good, it gets a thumbs up, if not, a thumbs down. Also, there will be no playing of Henley, Dylan, Steely Dan, or Toby Keith, for varying reasons (mostly because I'm sick of the overplay). Pandora is very fond of Tin Pan Alley... I am becoming less so.

GasBandit

Staff member
Been in kind of an odd mood today, so instead of the usual (turning into the trance channel on DI.FM and leaving it there for 9 hours), I've been hand curating my own listening of 90s rock from our station music library. Been a whole lot of Pantera, Alice in Chains, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Tool, Stone Temple Pilots, etc, etc, etc. We don't even play this stuff on the air anymore since the station we sold hadn't been playing recent rock for at least 4 years, so it's basically my private dusty music attic.