What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Started listening to these guys (German band called Evertale) a couple of weeks ago, pretty much non-stop. As far as I know, they only have one album, Of Dragons and Elves (available on iTunes). It's straight power metal, and they remind me a lot of Blind Guardian, circa Tales From the Twilight World/Somewhere Far Beyond/Imaginations From the Other Side. So they don't do anything new, but they do it VERY well.

Plus, it's all based on the DragonLance Chronicles, so that's a couple bonus geek points right there. ;)

Is it just me or does almost every drag queen with a modicum of fame have singles out? Friend of mine links them on FB all the time.
Basically, as part of their contract with World of Wonder (the production company that produces Rupaul's Drag Race) is at least one single for a certain number of the top queens. It's also a quick way to make money, and if there's one thing drag queens know how to do, it's to cash in on any modicum of popularity they get.

Most of them are pretty horrible, but I'm singling out Courtney Act because:

A) She's a phenomenal singer, rather than talking over a beat or being autotuned to hell and back.

B) This song is as good as anything on the pop charts.

There's something about New Found Glory that's just fun, no matter how long I've been listening to them.

This video also confirms that I still have a stupid crush on Hayley Williams from Paramore.

I've been listening to so much Miracle of Sound lately. His positive metal album, Metal Up, that's pretty much exclusively about the healing power of music has been on a constant loop on my PC while I play too God damn much Hearthstone. He's mostly known for his video game and pop culture tribute songs (of which he has like 5 albums worth). I'm not even sure how good he objectively is but I've fallen in love with his stuff.

Particular odd favorites:

From Metal Up:

Capitol Public Radio Jazz stream. I was gonna tune into classical earlier but they were doing a live opera thing, and it's too late at night for commission artwork for opera, lol. I need some piano and sax.

Music stuff!

Totally hooked on Ghost lately, they've got a great classic metal feel.

Also found out one of my favorite metal bands, 3 Inches of Blood, called it quits this year.

And finally, TWRP and Ninja Sex Party collab'd on a new song, which I think is going to be on the new TWRP EP due out September 12.

GasBandit

Staff member
Thursday is my busiest day at work. To help keep things going smoothly, my toe tapping and my blood pumping, I usually go over to DI.FM and tune in to the Trance channel. On thursdays, they have two shows I really like: Global DJ Broadcast with Markus Schulz, and A State of Trance with Armin van Buuren. They really help keep me on task and working quickly.