What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

found Langford Slim & the Law by seeing a tv commercial for Autotrader that had the song "Changes" in it. I quickly have become enamored with his/their music.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hot damn but I don't know if there's another contemporary band that can do the middle 8 better than Muse. Hysteria especially really turns my crank.

As I dive deeper into what Amazon Prime offers, I find myself unable to stop listening to these guys for some reason. Maybe it's because I don't know what the Hell they're saying, so it's good to write code to.

As I dive deeper into what Amazon Prime offers, I find myself unable to stop listening to these guys for some reason. Maybe it's because I don't know what the Hell they're saying, so it's good to write code to.

I imagine that they are also handy to have around for the inevitable Boomer attack.

They've gotten fairly popular outside of Japan, which is rare for these idol-type groups.

Speaking of silly and fun Japanese songs:

Do you not have a Clear Channel (now iHeartMedia)-affiliated modern rock station near you? That song was huge and all over the radio. It hit number one on Billboard's adult alternative chart. Where I am another of their singles has hit the rotation.

Do you not have a Clear Channel (now iHeartMedia)-affiliated modern rock station near you? That song was huge and all over the radio. It hit number one on Billboard's adult alternative chart. Where I am another of their singles has hit the rotation.
No, actually. We have a bunch of different stations owned by iheartradio, but none of them play modern rock. Closest one is 104.7 WNOK and it plays mostly pop and top 40 stuff and has been crap for decades.

The classic rock station around here, 102.3, changed recently to just "Rock" but still plays mostly classic stuff and is the only station I will still listen to without too much complaint.

I just listened to the entire soundtrack to Hamilton, start to finish. If I could see the play, I would, because it's awesome, but since I can't this is the next best thing. I didn't know how much I needed a hip hop telling of Alexander Hamilton's life until just now.

If you haven't given the Hamilton soundtrack a listen, give it a try. It's available on just about every stream service (and youtube) and it's so good I immediately bought the album upon listening to it.

I'd suggest the music I'm listening to, but the videos would then be pulled from YouTube by a posthumously peeved Prince.