What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

Reminded of this group (and this song) from a reddit post, had forgotten about them since I haven't listened to Radiolab in a while:

--Patrick

Sitting in the waiting room for the wifey's appointment today and listening to my Pandora feed when this song came up. Didn't know I needed to jam out until right then.

One of my favourite genres. Pretty much the only way I can stand up most non-classic-hardcore American rap is if it's mashed up with j-stuff, and even the songs and artists I like are improved by it.

And don't get me started on the beautiful sub-genre that is Quad City mashups

GasBandit

Staff member
One of my favourite genres. Pretty much the only way I can stand up most non-classic-hardcore American rap is if it's mashed up with j-stuff, and even the songs and artists I like are improved by it.

And don't get me started on the beautiful sub-genre that is Quad City mashups

I bet you really liked the relationship drama/confrontations in Halforums Academy 2, then, given that the music I used for them was Baby Got Cornered by BotanicSage.

Stumbled across these guys on a different forum I lurk on, gave 'em a whirl, it's... I guess I'd call it melodic thrash metal? Powerthrash, maybe? Anyway, it rocks.

Went looking for the song they played in the longer Luke Cage trailer and found out about Miike Snow.

Pretty fun so far.