Weird weather

Possibility of 60' (18+ meter) surf this weekend with damaging winds and epic flooding, plus heavy rain. Good reason for me to stay in and clean.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today: High of 42.

Saturday: High of 72

Monday: High of 38

Make up your fuckin mind, Texas! It's March, for the love of god!

We've gone from a high of 50 3 days ago to a high of 15 yesterday so yeah it's making me antsy about whether I actually buy that snowblower now or wait for the sales late next month.

--Patrick

We've gone from a high of 50 3 days ago to a high of 15 yesterday so yeah it's making me antsy about whether I actually buy that snowblower now or wait for the sales late next month.

--Patrick
Everytime my husband waits for "off-season" sales, he manages to talk himself out of buying the thing he really really wanted a couple of months previous.

Everytime my husband waits for "off-season" sales, he manages to talk himself out of buying the thing he really really wanted a couple of months previous.
I just came out of a two-week period in which I literally spent somewhere around 16-20 cumulative hours shoveling snow. By hand. By myself. In a mean temperature somewhere around 18F/-8C.
I doubt I'll entertain any arguments to the contrary, even with myself.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
We have a neighbor who uses their snow blower to clean our sidewalks. We've never asked her to do this - she just does it. Trying to come up with a suitable repayment as she's amazing.

We have a neighbor who uses their snow blower to clean our sidewalks. We've never asked her to do this - she just does it. Trying to come up with a suitable repayment as she's amazing.
Food? Bake her some cookies or some other sweet? Or a small care basket of some of your favorite food things from local places? A gift card?

They cancelled school a second day in a row because they are worried about wind knocking out power or something, but I think that they really just wanted a second day off. :p