Weird weather

Reactions
481 239 0
Possibility of 60' (18+ meter) surf this weekend with damaging winds and epic flooding, plus heavy rain. Good reason for me to stay in and clean.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
5,140 1,122 23
Today: High of 42.

Saturday: High of 72

Monday: High of 38

Make up your fuckin mind, Texas! It's March, for the love of god!

Reactions
1,819 528 14
We've gone from a high of 50 3 days ago to a high of 15 yesterday so yeah it's making me antsy about whether I actually buy that snowblower now or wait for the sales late next month.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,363 256 4
We've gone from a high of 50 3 days ago to a high of 15 yesterday so yeah it's making me antsy about whether I actually buy that snowblower now or wait for the sales late next month.

--Patrick
Everytime my husband waits for "off-season" sales, he manages to talk himself out of buying the thing he really really wanted a couple of months previous.

Reactions
1,819 528 14
Everytime my husband waits for "off-season" sales, he manages to talk himself out of buying the thing he really really wanted a couple of months previous.
I just came out of a two-week period in which I literally spent somewhere around 16-20 cumulative hours shoveling snow. By hand. By myself. In a mean temperature somewhere around 18F/-8C.
I doubt I'll entertain any arguments to the contrary, even with myself.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Reactions
1,709 762 12
We have a neighbor who uses their snow blower to clean our sidewalks. We've never asked her to do this - she just does it. Trying to come up with a suitable repayment as she's amazing.

Reactions
570 137 0
Today: High of 42.

Saturday: High of 72

Monday: High of 38

Make up your fuckin mind, Texas! It's March, for the love of god!
Normal March. Just imagine the cold snap (and how bad it will seem at that time) we'll have around Easter in April.

Reactions
529 236 0
We have a neighbor who uses their snow blower to clean our sidewalks. We've never asked her to do this - she just does it. Trying to come up with a suitable repayment as she's amazing.
Food? Bake her some cookies or some other sweet? Or a small care basket of some of your favorite food things from local places? A gift card?

Reactions
1,363 256 4
They cancelled school a second day in a row because they are worried about wind knocking out power or something, but I think that they really just wanted a second day off. :p

Reactions
545 218 11
Hey, it was really hard to drive a school bus in that cross-wind yesterday afternoon... </whine>

Reactions
1,819 528 14
Here I thought Gas was going to post that pic of a train blown clean off its trestle.

—Patrick