Weird weather

Where the hell are you man? Somewhere near the bottom circles of hell according to Dante (FYI: it's COLD near the bottom in that story).
That might be warmer. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a windchill less than -50 before, so it’ll be interesting to see what that’s like.

Guys! There's this weird white stuff falling out of the sky here! Must be some sort of new pollution? It's sticky and cold and covers everything! I'm pretty sure that means it's the end times, I dunno.

We've had our own "cold" front for almost a week. Been sleeping with blankets and wearing fuzzy socks. It's ridiculous, but I know I couldn't handle that arctic cold you all are dealing with. Come visit us!

aLKpADM_700b.jpg

Its the perfect combo of shitty weather and stopping in time to get the roads clear so I don't get a snow day. Every school preemptively closed today and tomorrow though.

Growing up sucks.

I found out my weather station doesn’t go below -40. :eek:

Honestly, whether it’s -20 or -50, I couldn’t tell the difference. It’s just damn cold.

Meanwhile, in Southern Oregon:

Grass is growing in the lake bed of one of the larger regional lakes, now almost totally gone. Send rain! Snow! Anything! This state will be nothing but forest fires by the end of August.

That's pretty much what Arizona looks like.

Except for that silvery-bluish thing in the middle. What's that called?

Today is like a perfect winter day. Sure it's cold, but the Sun is out shining bright, reflecting off the snow. It took like ten minutes for my eyes to adjust when coming inside after a 20 minute walk.

And yesterday evening, before dusk, the Sun was above the horizon, piercing through the big fat flakes of falling snow.

I don't have to shovel snow. I don't have to drive to work. I get to just enjoy the weather and it is glorious.

Today is like a perfect winter day. Sure it's cold, but the Sun is out shining bright, reflecting off the snow. It took like ten minutes for my eyes to adjust when coming inside after a 20 minute walk.

And yesterday evening, before dusk, the Sun was above the horizon, piercing through the big fat flakes of falling snow.

I don't have to shovel snow. I don't have to drive to work. I get to just enjoy the weather and it is glorious.
I can't decide if I should give you an "Agree" or a "Disagree". Too bad I'm not @Bubble181 or I'd do both.

We may set a record high today. The reason I am posting here is the forecast for the next several days:

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 12.34.13 PM.png

Going from 82 today to a low of 38 tomorrow night. I know none of those are especially impressive, I just wish the weather would pick something and stick with it. This bouncing back and forth crap sucks.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's been so rainy and humid here this week that in the 24 hours between my morning showers, my towel isn't completely drying out.

Only got up to 54F today. Gonna hit a low overnight of 36F. We're gonna have some sub-40 overnights for a few days...

Pulled into the gas station tonight cuz I was really low.
While I was fueling up:
-The wind goes from calm to strong 30-40MPH gusts.
-The temperature drops three degrees, putting it just below freezing.
-Rain is forecast for a few hours tonight.
-SIX bucket trucks pull in for fill-ups, each one with things like "Bob's Tree Service" written on them.

I would hate to be a tree in this town tonight.

--Patrick