[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Well now I know why there was still no update when I started work this morning.

Heh. Kronar's victim did The Thing.

--Patrick

Last edited:
My wife and I have a tradition of texting the other something once the site finally updates on Sundays.
Today I texted her: "Tomb of Horrors reference!"

--Patrick

Dumbing of Age

Sal and Walky's Mom is a HUUUUGE racist bitch. I honestly can't wait until she realizes that her kids have no love and/or respect for her whatsoever.

And Walky was just an insufferable turd who NEEDED that splash of reality college gave him. Hell even now he's still a bit turdish, can I get my adorkable mutant space-marine back please?

Again with Dumbing of Ages, I still like it and will always follow it, but anyone else feel the story is moving a BIT too slowly? There are several strips I've missed, but judging from the narrative I feel I can still get the main story without having to read everything. AND YES-a bit of me is biased as I prefer some of Willis' older work involving teams of mutated secret agents fighting purple aliens, but even without that I feel things could have a bit more pep.

Again with Dumbing of Ages, I still like it and will always follow it, but anyone else feel the story is moving a BIT too slowly? There are several strips I've missed, but judging from the narrative I feel I can still get the main story without having to read everything. AND YES-a bit of me is biased as I prefer some of Willis' older work involving teams of mutated secret agents fighting purple aliens, but even without that I feel things could have a bit more pep.
The main problem is the cast is WAY TOO BIG. So if Willis takes a week or two off to follow say... Ruth, then that's a week or two not moving Sal/Walky's story, or Joyce's story, or Ryan's story...

The side characters need to be less of a focus.

Zappit

Staff member
The main problem is the cast is WAY TOO BIG. So if Willis takes a week or two off to follow say... Ruth, then that's a week or two not moving Sal/Walky's story, or Joyce's story, or Ryan's story...

The side characters need to be less of a focus.
Exactly. Comics with big casts that jump around and leave the main characters out for weeks at a time bug the crap out of me. (He said with no self-awareness.)

Exactly. Comics with big casts that jump around and leave the main characters out for weeks at a time bug the crap out of me. (He said with no self-awareness.)
You've done side characters a few days maybe, but never WEEKS. You're not Pablo Wapsi.