[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Prequel is easily the best webcomic I've read in a long time. I burned through the entire archives in a day. It's done the MSPaint Adventures style, where the artist combines text and Paint gifs with input from forum members to drive the comic. The idea is a Khajit female trying to start a new life in Cyrodil (so as youcan guess, it's Elder Scrolls-based). It's hilarious and watching this poor girl try to start a life is redally compelling. I urge you to give it a read.
He seems to have a pretty sporadic update schedule but it's being updated again, if anyone else has been following.

North_Ranger

Staff member

Manly Guys Doing Manly Things Presents: Commander Badass vs. Polar Bear

And guess what? The artist is doing a Christmas giveaway. She's thinking of a number between 1 and 2,000, and the first person to guess it right gets the original art of the picture above. Now that's cool!

Is anyone else following Straub's newest opus, Broodhollow? Because you should. Knowing what I've come to know from Straub after reading his comics and listening to him on podcasts for the past 6 years, this seems like it could be his baby. And it's super-gratifying for him to be working on something new so soon after ending Starslip.

http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/

Is anyone else following Straub's newest opus, Broodhollow? Because you should. Knowing what I've come to know from Straub after reading his comics and listening to him on podcasts for the past 6 years, this seems like it could be his baby. And it's super-gratifying for him to be working on something new so soon after ending Starslip.

Oh damn, this is fantastic. Dat art! Kris has always told good stories, and the art has always been passable, but he's really stepped it up here.

It's like he hit his final evolution

I knew it was starting up, but I'm giving it time to settle (i.e., until it has a good bit of archive and therefore some direction) before I jump into it. I still regularly visit chainsawsuit, though.[DOUBLEPOST=1357669311][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've come to believe that the solution to this problem is actually MORE surveillance, not less. I'm sure that our legislators would come to realize the silliness of all this if instead of only being able to watch what happens on C-SPAN, the cameras (and microphones!) would follow them around to every aspect of their waking lives. I mean, our duly elected and sworn officials have nothing to hide, right?

RIGHT?

--Patrick

Oh, my sides hurt from splitting.
Today's oglaf is disturbingly, NSFWly, absurdly spectacular, and you probably shouldn't read it unless you enjoy laughing until you puke*.

--Patrick
*Or was that the other way around?

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsPUNCHLINE

No wonder that character went nova. His head was 93% blood. No skin or hair even. What did he do his thinking with?
Actually, that's not true. What really happened is that his gut tied itself into a knot so tight that the backpressure geysered his head clean off.

Well, actually it wasn't very clean, but you get my meaning.

--Patrick

So I'm reading "Punks and Nerds Quarter Life" and they really pulled the drama tag on this one. I mean Satan damn, Bruceman was originally just this obnoxious but well meaning super-hero character, now apparently the reason he's like that is because his mom was abusive to him! What the hell? Also there's a tacked on Journey to the West theme, and I am usually ALL ABOUT JTTW but this just feels forced for the character.

I am loving "The Fourth". The plot is like an adventure video game like Legen of Zelda but from the villain Tiberius Skarva the 4th's perspective, trying to defeat the hero "Blank usually to no avail as his entire family line has been cursed by the gods.