[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Prequel is easily the best webcomic I've read in a long time. I burned through the entire archives in a day. It's done the MSPaint Adventures style, where the artist combines text and Paint gifs with input from forum members to drive the comic. The idea is a Khajit female trying to start a new life in Cyrodil (so as youcan guess, it's Elder Scrolls-based). It's hilarious and watching this poor girl try to start a life is redally compelling. I urge you to give it a read.

GasBandit

Staff member
This weeks GRRLPower shows why Sydney fuckin' ROCKS!
Not to make a direct judgement on what you enjoy, but if you mean the blonde girl... to me, that seems more of a case study in being an irritating hyperactive bipolar attention whore. The only way I would be interested in that comic is if the very next panel had the waitress smashing her head in with her server's tray.

For those of you horrified by this character, that's Good. That shows that you understand the world. I don't get what the hell brought this on, it was talk about working in Japan then this. This comic is only twenty pages in its archive, and its all-ready transitioned to some weird creepy dramatic shit like this.

Art is really nice though.

Definitely oreos, I first learned it in Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes after Jon talked to Morpheus he offered Scott Free some of his stash of oreos. And then from other media, I learned it was his hilarious quirk.

GasBandit

Staff member
Definitely oreos, I first learned it in Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes after Jon talked to Morpheus he offered Scott Free some of his stash of oreos. And then from other media, I learned it was his hilarious quirk.
Ahh, I remember that. I had the sandman graphic novel when I was younger.

GasBandit

Staff member

(The joke here, for those who don't follow Critical Miss, is the girl in the comic is psychotic and hallucinates video game characters interacting with her in real life. So apparently, there's been a mix-up this week.)

Oh good, now that it's here, I can ask. Who's the guy in black? Obviously he's somebody from a game I haven't played, but I gots no idea, and the comic is less funny as a result. All I know is it's not either of the guys from Infamous/Prototype.

--Patrick

Oh good, now that it's here, I can ask. Who's the guy in black? Obviously he's somebody from a game I haven't played, but I gots no idea, and the comic is less funny as a result. All I know is it's not either of the guys from Infamous/Prototype.

--Patrick
It's Corvo from Dishonored. He's the former bodyguard of the Empress turned assassin when the Empress is murdered and he's framed for it. The mask he's wearing is how they conceal his identity on missions.

Any of y'all who want to help out a webcomic artist over the holidays, here's your chance.

Paul Taylor (aka "Pablo Wapsi") had a sudden financial crisis hit recently. His webcomic, Wapsi Square, is his only income at the moment.

Help the guy out here.

Not due to the media, but some are terrible at expressions. Could happen in any media though.
True, true. Also sometimes the colors of it can just seem...off. I don't know how to explain it, other than the colors being off. If anyone knows a really good 3-D comic I'd like to read it and be proven wrong, but from the few that I've read I'm generally unimpressed.

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay , does anyone else find 3-D graphic web-comics really creepy looking? It just don't look right to me.
Depends on which 3D comic, and how its' being used. The ones that use really generic pre-made "dolls", and don't work very hard on the posing or facial expressions? Those are freaky looking and I've never read one beyond a couple of pages.

On the other hand, Dragon Tails works very well and it's a comic I miss a lot.

Depends on which 3D comic, and how its' being used. The ones that use really generic pre-made "dolls", and don't work very hard on the posing or facial expressions? Those are freaky looking and I've never read one beyond a couple of pages.

On the other hand, Dragon Tails works very well and it's a comic I miss a lot.
Those ones yeah. They just WRONG! Dragon Tails was all-right though, never really got into it but I could give it a shot if I had the time.