[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Gunnerkrigg Court just got interesting, though I've been predicting this for awhile.

Antimony doesn't get to be the medium, but rather Smith. This makes perfect sense to me: Smith's powers bring order to chaos and Coyote is chaos incarnate. The Court obviously wants him to reel Coyote in a bit. It certainly doesn't help that Annie's been awful sympathetic to The Forest ever since Coyote started giving her special attention.

Basically, the court doesn't give a shit about Annie's birthright and only want what is best for their agenda. But I can't help but think this was Coyote's plan all along...

Yeah, he knows whats going on. Also I gotta say, Coyote is WAY too polite to the courtroom guy. I would be all "HEY! WAKE THE FUCK UP! We are in a meeting you rude rudeman."

North_Ranger

Staff member

Sunday's Sinfest.

Yyyyyyeah... I dunno, Tatsuya Ishida's really going to the deep end these days. Back in the day we were supposed to dislike the demon girls for stabbing people with pitchforks in the Devil's basement. And now we're supposed to root for a bunch of deprogrammed fembots who look like they're about to rip the technician's face off?

It doesn't help that apparently the damn feminist tricyclists' bikes run on dudebro tears...

Yeah Ishida has gone really overt with the whole feminist thing. Also its ironically sexist by saying that feminists are just prudes who demonize sexuality whenever they can.

Also, when the fuck did the devil become in control of the illuminati? Wasn't that originally its own thing?

And finally I fucking hate that he mocks his fans who don't like the new direction the strip his going. That is the most douchey thing he could possibly do.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh! Today he mocks the authors of manic pixie dream girl movies! Such originality! Surely nobody has ever pointed out the flawed nature of the MPDG movie before! And MOST certainly not the VERY PERSON WHO INVENTED THE TERM TO DESCRIBE THE WANGSTY CRUTCH FOR WHAT IT WAS.

I wonder where his sudden shot of feminism came from. I did a little backlog-reading and the last couple months is just jam-packed with this stuff.

Oh! Today he mocks the authors of manic pixie dream girl movies! Such originality! Surely nobody has ever pointed out the flawed nature of the MPDG movie before! And MOST certainly not the VERY PERSON WHO INVENTED THE TERM TO DESCRIBE THE WANGSTY CRUTCH FOR WHAT IT WAS.
He's new to the feminist thing, he has to catch up or he'll lose his feminist card!
I wonder where his sudden shot of feminism came from. I did a little backlog-reading and the last couple months is just jam-packed with this stuff.
It happens to the best of comics, all you need to know is he wanted to add a core message to the comic and in doing so made Sinfest lose touch with its roots. Damn shame.

GasBandit

Staff member
My bet is he got a girlfriend and the yoko effect is in play. That, or he's trying to impress a certain girl in the hopes he'll put enough feminist tokens in until sex falls out.

Oh boy I really hope he doesn't have a Yoko. I wouldn't mind this as much, if would stop mocking his fans for not liking the change. Just because you made a story doesn't mean no-one else knows how the story should work. Its a problem with a lot of independent publications, its their child and they won't take any advice when it comes to raising it even if its good advice. Damn, damn shame.

GasBandit

Staff member
The one reason I haven't unsubscribed is because the subplots with the younger "rogue" devil girls and Lil'D are still interesting to follow. Meanwhile, the role of who Lil'D used to be has been taken over by the Monique fangirl.

Hey, what happened to the dragon and Bhuda? They just disappeared didn't they? And even more important, what happened to god?! He was probably the funniest character!

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, what happened to the dragon and Bhuda? They just disappeared didn't they? And even more important, what happened to god?! He was probably the funniest character!
They were all fictional male authority figures responsible for years of oppression against womyn.

I'm going in - Gunnerkrigg Court archive binge. I'm up to Chapter 6, and I already feel like I'm in a sea of confusion.

I want Antimony to have attacks dammit! I not saying its a bad comic, in-fact its one of the few non-D&D fantasy comics I actually like, but she deserves a fire-ball or something! Fuck I'm immature.

I want Antimony to have attacks dammit! I not saying its a bad comic, in-fact its one of the few non-D&D fantasy comics I actually like, but she deserves a fire-ball or something! Fuck I'm immature.
She's part Fire elemental on her Mom's side. If she was really pushed to it, she could probably burn the forest to the ground.

She's part Fire elemental on her Mom's side. If she was really pushed to it, she could probably burn the forest to the ground.
Right, I hope she does though. Not...burn down the forest just have an awesome fantasy action scene full of fire blasts. FIRE!
Also...thought the first response to this would be someone high-lighting in bold "Fuck I'm immature" and saying "And you just figured this out? After we thought you were a teenager for months?" or something like that. HALFORUMS: Unpredictable and awesome!