[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

Once again, damn Lottie that's too harsh, its one thing to call him a spoiled brat, but calling Desmond gross and primitive is too far. Its a running theme with her, ever since she gave up mystery stuff she ceases to see more than just the surface of who people are.

ALSO-was Desmond always mean? I remember him being more morally ambiguous in the original comics in all earnesty.

Read the first chapter of Ozzy the Vampire today, basically the plot is generic, the art looks ripped off from Scott Pilgrim, and the characters are unlikable, ironically the character they CLAIM to be a douche-bag didn't seem like that bad a guy....and they let him die. So if you like mean-spirited Blade parodies, this is for you.

Yeah, but that was a crossdressing joke - not played straight for sexy.

No matter how Garth felt about the matter.
But Jessica Rabbit's appearance was a joke for the animators (and very different from the novel, iirc). But, unintended consequences still happened for Bugs "fans",so I still say it counts. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
But Jessica Rabbit's appearance was a joke for the animators (and very different from the novel, iirc). But, unintended consequences still happened for Bugs "fans",so I still say it counts. :)
Your friends must have been wierder than mine, because I never met anyone who actually found crossdressing-Bugs to be genuinely attractive.

Jessica might have been "too sexy" as a joke, but the joke with Bugs was that his disguise was transparent and yet Elmer fell for it every time.

Your friends must have been wierder than mine, because I never met anyone who actually found crossdressing-Bugs to be genuinely attractive.

Jessica might have been "too sexy" as a joke, but the joke with Bugs was that his disguise was transparent and yet Elmer fell for it every time.
I dunno about friends of mine, but the internet and generations of furries might say otherwise. (We* got Fritz the Cat,didn't we?)

*Royal "we", by the way.

GasBandit

Staff member
I dunno about friends of mine, but the internet and generations of furries might say otherwise. (We* got Fritz the Cat,didn't we?)

*Royal "we", by the way.
Well, I don't know how much BUGS had to do with that...

Now, if you made the same argument about Cleo, Riff-Raff's girlfriend on Heathcliff...

Granted, that was the 80s, not the 50s-70s, but it was the earliest example I could think of where a female anthropomorphized cartoon animal was given distinctly humanoid sexual characteristics meant to show her as genuinely enticing and not as a farce.

the earliest example I could think of where a female anthropomorphized cartoon animal was given distinctly humanoid sexual characteristics meant to show her as genuinely enticing and not as a farce.
I just checked.
Thundercats wasn't until the following year (1985).
There are some Tom & Jerry hijinks from much earlier, but they were originally for theaters, not television (since regular made-for-TV cartoons apparently didn't start until 1949).

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I just checked.
Thundercats wasn't until the following year (1985).
There are some Tom & Jerry hijinks from much earlier, but they were originally for theaters, not television (since regular made-for-TV cartoons apparently didn't start until 1949).

--Patrick
Cleo even technically predates by another year, because before Heathcliff was a show, they tried to make "Catillac Cats" its own standalone thing. DIC folded it into the second half of Heathcliff, though, sort of like how US Acres got folded into Garfield and Friends.

But now that you mention Tom and Jerry, yeah, I remember this:

Cleo even technically predates by another year, because before Heathcliff was a show, they tried to make "Catillac Cats" its own standalone thing. DIC folded it into the second half of Heathcliff, though, sort of like how US Acres got folded into Garfield and Friends.

But now that you mention Tom and Jerry, yeah, I remember this:

Yep, and her name is (checks Internet) "Toodles Galore:"
sexycat.gif

--Patrick