Video Game News and Miscellany

I like how Nomoura apologized for the couple of months delay for it to come out in January 2019 instead of Q4 2018, but not for the 13 years since Kingdom Hearts 2.

GDI, Zero! I was just about to hit the "Post reply" button with this when I got your alert! :p
I was just too excited!

We don't even have a hint of release date or know where in Tamriel it's taking place, but right now I don't care. I thought they'd just thrown it all away for Elder Scrolls online. But it's really happening.

Kind of hope the Skyrim theme doesn't become the theme to whole series from now on. Leave Skyrim behind, Bethesda, and move on.

figmentPez

Staff member
Don't forget about Elder Scrolls: Blades! The F2P mobile Elder Scrolls. With no mention of how it's going to be monetized.

Oh, hi Horse Armor! Haven't seen you in a while.

I was just too excited!

We don't even have a hint of release date or know where in Tamriel it's taking place, but right now I don't care. I thought they'd just thrown it all away for Elder Scrolls online. But it's really happening.
They sort of hinted a release date, after Starfield. However they gave no release date for that so who knows.

Kind of hope the Skyrim theme doesn't become the theme to whole series from now on. Leave Skyrim behind, Bethesda, and move on.
What you're hearing is the theme of the series; they just did it with Nordic "hruff!" in Skyrim. Check Oblivion's intro classy version, about a minute in:

figmentPez

Staff member
Don't forget about Elder Scrolls: Blades! The F2P mobile Elder Scrolls. With no mention of how it's going to be monetized.

Oh, hi Horse Armor! Haven't seen you in a while.
Aaaaaand I just realized how they're probably going to monetize the game. It's got three modes: Arena, Town, and the Rogue-lite dungeon. I'm going to bet that the dungeon runs are going to have an entry fee for each run, and the loot you get there will be (potentially) better than what you can get anywhere else. Possibly the same for the arena.

Oh From Software, I love you.

What is that? Gameplay? Lots of it?! From Software, do you not know where you are? E3 trailers are no place for gameplay lots of it. You beautiful idiots.

I don't think any of the cool stuff I'm excited for is even coming out until 2019, but that's okay since Witcher 3 will probably last the summer and X-COM 2 was one of the PSN games this month, so that should last a while after.

Now I'm waiting for Nintendo to bounce in and make me even sadder about not having a Switch while I simultaneously don't have time for more gaming.

Doom Eternal. Just a cinematic.

I still need to give the previous one another chance.
Hmm, where Doom 2016 was the first installment of a new series and took place on Mars, much like Doom 1993 was and did, it looks like Doom Eternal will be following Doom 2's structure, and have Hell on Earth.

I dig it.

Oh From Software, I love you.

What is that? Gameplay? Lots of it?! From Software, do you not know where you are? E3 trailers are no place for gameplay lots of it. You beautiful idiots.

I don't think any of the cool stuff I'm excited for is even coming out until 2019, but that's okay since Witcher 3 will probably last the summer and X-COM 2 was one of the PSN games this month, so that should last a while after.

Now I'm waiting for Nintendo to bounce in and make me even sadder about not having a Switch while I simultaneously don't have time for more gaming.
ACTIVISION!!!!!!

You children can be all excited about the next Elder Scrolls, the old sci-fi nerd in me is a little bit more stoked for this:

Hrrm. The fact they're specifically calling this single-player but didn't say anything on ESVI suggests to me that ESVI *isn't* single-player. Or that the single-player mode is going to be an afterthought to the multi-player.

That may well please @GasBandit but it annoys me. Dammit.

Hrrm. The fact they're specifically calling this single-player but didn't say anything on ESVI suggests to me that ESVI *isn't* single-player. Or that the single-player mode is going to be an afterthought to the multi-player.

That may well please @GasBandit but it annoys me. Dammit.
They had to specify because Starstruck is a new series whereas Elder Scrolls is established.

I don't understand what this means for either game.
Monster Hunter World is getting a Behemoth hunt and some Final Fantasy gear for your hunter.

FF14 is probably getting a limited time event that will ether have a FATE or Instance where you fight... something from MHW? (I don't play, MHW). Rewards look like the potion drinking emote and maybe a pet.

Monster Hunter World is getting a Behemoth hunt and some Final Fantasy gear for your hunter.

FF14 is probably getting a limited time event that will ether have a FATE or Instance where you fight... something from MHW? (I don't play, MHW). Rewards look like the potion drinking emote and maybe a pet.
That's Rathalos then, for FF14.

I'd just love to hunt down a horned cat monster that can summon meteors. :awesome:

(Not sarcastic, I'm so ready for that DLC, I just hope MHW stops with the limited time crap. I just want the new stuff added to the game and it stays there.)