Video Game News and Miscellany

I'm intrigued and interested, but....Man, the way they're playing with the rules and lore is just horrible. The first one was bad but this one seems set to make it even worse.
They made it pretty clear in the first game that this is a divergent universe. I've no problem with playing fast and loose with middle earth lore if it means being awesome. Forge your own goddamn ring of power? Fuck yeah!

So, remember when Bethesda tried to launch paid mods for Skyrim, and basically got shouted down by the gaming community?

May I present paid mods version 2, the Creation Club, for Skyrim and Fallout 4: https://creationclub.bethesda.net/en

The funniest part of this, I think, is that "Creation Club" is already the name of an existing creationist website. Somewhere along the line, someone searching for "creation club" is going to get confused.

Guys, Devolver Digital just made E3 worth watching again. Holy shit, their press conference is mental and awesome.

Here's some.

Last edited:
Microsoft has given us a first look at their new Xbox. You know, the more powerful version of the Xbone to let it play VR games? Apparently they've forgotten to actually make any VR games for it...

Microsoft has given us a first look at their new Xbox. You know, the more powerful version of the Xbone to let it play VR games? Apparently they've forgotten to actually make any VR games for it...
That's okay, Bethesda will make them.

This is the most disappointed I've been with Bethesda since the dialogue trees in Fallout 4.

HERE'S SOME FUN!

Though I coulda sworn BJ got fucking exploded by a nuclear bomb at the incredibly disappointing end to the last game.

Now go read the comments.

Go ahead.

Do it.

HERE'S SOME FUN!

Though I coulda sworn BJ got fucking exploded by a nuclear bomb at the incredibly disappointing end to the last game.

Now go read the comments.

Go ahead.

Do it.
Do the aesthetics and music feel rather Fallouty to anyone else?

With the current popularity of the Switch, E3 could do Nintendo a lot of favors. Their presentation is always entertaining, but hopefully they have some good substance tomorrow. I haven't seen anything yet that gets me excited so far this year.

It's Beyond Good and Evil 2. Nice video, still no game.

On the other hand, Spider-Man looks fucking awesome. Other than maybe Anthem, best game of the show so far for me. This shit all over Microsoft's LOOK HOW AWESOME THIS CONSOLE IS! IT PLAYS SO MANY CARTOONY MMORPGS!!

Last edited:
[DOUBLEPOST=1497328901,1497328713][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's also being developed by Insomniac, so this is literally the reason why we haven't had an Infamous sequel in 3 years.

And yes... it's very Arkham Asylum. Thankfully, Arkham Asylum was good.
right, very Arkham Asylum. It seems Spider-man even has his own Oracle.

Bethesda really blew it yesterday, I didn't see a single thing of interest. I'm really hoping they're saving it for a great 2018.

Dave

Staff member
I don't give a shit what anyone announces any more. Even if they show actual gameplay it's not always what's released.

Apparently Metroid Prime 4 is in development on the Switch. No details though.[DOUBLEPOST=1497370874,1497370333][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, as soon as I heard the Mario/Rabbids game was a turn based tactical game, I started to want it. :x[DOUBLEPOST=1497371122][/DOUBLEPOST]Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1497371186][/DOUBLEPOST]

Also, as soon as I heard the Mario/Rabbids game was a turn based tactical game, I started to want it. :x
It's just crazy enough to work.[DOUBLEPOST=1497372134,1497372034][/DOUBLEPOST]
People have been trying to convince Blizzard of the same thing with Warcraft for over a decade now. :/
If that correlates, we're gonna need those paid mods because that's the only single player Elder Scrolls content we're gonna get.