Video Game News and Miscellany

GasBandit

Staff member
Filthy casual.

Also, the last two games made permadeath an option instead of a requirement. But only babies play in that mode.
Well, hyperbole aside, it wasn't bad enough to make me stop playing, was just an irritation. "Oops, dingbat just got one shotted, START THE BATTLE OVER."

What finally got me to give up FE games was learning about all the Super Sekrit Skwirrel plot events that only happen if you have X character in Y position during Battle Z and expertly perform steps 1, 2, and 3 then win fight Epsilon at an extreme disadvantage, so I ended up grinding everybody up at the arena in that one mission in Sword of Flame until my hypothalamus tried to put me in a coma.

So kind of my own fault, really, due to my character flaw of unwillingness to accept anything other than the BEST ENDING POSSIBLE on the first playthrough. Which almost was a dealbreaker for Undertale, too, since
doing so there is almost certain to require multiple playthroughs.

Injustice 2 story trailer, and here I use "story" very loosely.

Ok, shit looks cool and all, but it's not making me want to play the game. If you're going to call it a story trailer, then at least tell me a bit of what the story is about. Is the trailer implying Batman's the villain now? Is Superman dead? Is that Brainiac talking? What the hell is going on? Why should I care? Give me a reason to want to see what happens next.

GasBandit

Staff member
Injustice 2 story trailer, and here I use "story" very loosely.

Ok, shit looks cool and all, but it's not making me want to play the game. If you're going to call it a story trailer, then at least tell me a bit of what the story is about. Is the trailer implying Batman's the villain now? Is Superman dead? Is that Brainiac talking? What the hell is going on? Why should I care? Give me a reason to want to see what happens next.
It almost sounds like Metron doing the narration, and the symbology on the head doesn't really look like Brainiac (one circle instead of 3). If the final big bad is Darkseid, that might give him an angle on being part of it, too, as he's affiliated with the New Gods.

Superman doesn't look dead (at least at the beginning), it looks like he's still incapacitated after the events of Injustice 1, with Batman as his warden, but becomes more morally compromised over time, and Robin (Damien?) turns against him (again?) and a chain of events causes Superman to be released or something.

If you haven't read the Injustice comics, the first 5 years or so are a good read.

I've read the comics. Generally speaking I liked it, though admittedly it has its ups and downs (year 4 was probably the low point for me).

The problem with the trailer is that everything's so vague. Is Damien fighting Batman a new event, or is it a flashback like the scene with Superman screaming over Lois's body? If it's a new event, why is Damien dressed as Robin again?

And what does "God becomes tyrant becomes dust" mean?

I really want to like Injustice 2, since I loved the story and background of the first game, but this trailer isn't giving me a reason to care about the story.

I will admit the bright fight between Supergirl and Wonder Woman is pretty cool though.

What immediately put Injustice 2 in the "don't bother" pile for me, on the other hand, was "Preorder now for Darkseid!"

Fuck you. You are what is wrong with gaming.
Same. I'll do the same thing I did with MKX and wait for the complete edition (which was totally worth the $10 I paid on steam sale, it's a great game)

Remember, it's the Secret Service who investigates that kind of thing, not the FBI.

Probably the RCMP up here though for the equivalent.

A good, also LONG AS FUCK, video about how Fallout 4 is an alright game, but complete shit RPG and one of his initial points is it would have been better if it wasn't called Fallout.

Also, fuck Fallout 4 and it's complete waste of game world. Remember the racetrack, remember the fun adventure there? No, BECAUSE ALL YOU COULD DO IS KILL EVERYONE THERE. Remember the MMA pitfighting arena? Remember the neat quest there? No? BECAUSE ALL YOU COULD DO IS KILL EVERYONE (but one) THERE.

Fuck Fallout 4.

I hate you.

It's the most complex, lovingly crafted, LAZY piece of shit.

Last edited:
Just call the actual NSA, they probably have it.
Er, anyone else a little afraid that if the NSA actually had a universal password recovery service that waaay too many people in the country would be totally for mass surveillance of the internet on that basis alone?

Er, anyone else a little afraid that if the NSA actually had a universal password recovery service that waaay too many people in the country would be totally for mass surveillance of the internet on that basis alone?
*readies tranquilizer gun and interrogation room* He's onto us...

The first reviews and Lets plays of Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard 7) are out, mostly positive. Right now the game has a score of 86 on Metacritic. Apparently it's also one of the best (if not the best) Playstation VR games right now.

The first reviews and Lets plays of Resident Evil 7 (Biohazard 7) are out, mostly positive. Right now the game has a score of 86 on Metacritic. Apparently it's also one of the best (if not the best) Playstation VR games right now.
Fuck RE7 - due to exclusivity bullshit even though it's clearly built with VR in mind & the Vive / Rift being superior bits of kit to the PSVR the PC version won't actually support VR for a year.

Last edited:
I played a version of the VR game at E3 6 months ago. It was cool, but it ran at a vomitously unstable 30fps.

If their finished version of the VR isn't at least a stable 60fps, preferably 90, no effin' way.

Polygon busted embargo and let the deets out early.

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire!

A direct sequel to the original.

Squeenix and Marvel have struck a multi-game deal. They're leading it off with an Avengers game that I think is being worked on by Crystal Dynamics or Eidos Montreal.