[News] US Capitol Siege 6 January 2021

Dave

Staff member
It would have had someone else been in charge at the time. As it stands, Trump not only didn't WANT that angle investigated, but loved the fact that it was happening.

I said what I meant. Congress should have asked what happened after they knew about it. The other failure was assholes listening to Trump.

Ehhh let's not, after all

Bunch of weak, scared fools.
Not convicting Trump either means you've completely lost your party, or that he'll run as third party. Either way, the precedent being set is quite literally that a president can get away with murder and rebellion and even then, he's safe because the Senate doesn't function as a jury.

Dave

Staff member
Ehhh let's not, after all

Bunch of weak, scared fools.
Not convicting Trump either means you've completely lost your party, or that he'll run as third party. Either way, the precedent being set is quite literally that a president can get away with murder and rebellion and even then, he's safe because the Senate doesn't function as a jury.
That's why waiting was such a bad fucking idea.

So... Kellanne Conway's daughter posted a video where she's being abused by her mom, and in retaliation her mom posted a topless photo of said 16 year old daughter on twitter

figmentPez

Staff member
I hate the guy, but I have absolutely no idea where he was going with his thoughts without the rest of the video.
Presumably, "They're going to say that all white people are white supremacists, and say that it's wrong to be proud of being white." Playing the victim card, as usual. Pretending that "white people are persecuted", and it's "because they're christians".

*googles*

Transcript

I pretty damn close. I missed the "they're coming after the American way!" angle.

"He has now declared war. So we should know specifically and precisely who exactly he has declared war on. We have a right to know that."
"Colin Kaepernick who seems to have the unequivocal support of Corporate America calls the Fourth of July an example of white supremacy. So you’d better put away the fireworks and the hotdogs. "
" Among the telltale signs of a committed white supremacist are these: celebrating Columbus Day, using the term American exceptionalism, any support for Federal border security or English only measures or, quote, “education funding from property taxes,” all white supremacy. "
" Using the phrase, 'There’s only one human race' is white supremacy, too, according to the Army, and of course, voting for Donald Trump, all white supremacy."
" Here’s the problem. Let’s say you don’t buy those definitions. Let’s say you’re, for example, white foot poor, and you have trouble accepting the idea that you’re benefiting from some kind of structural advantage. We better shut up about it if you know what’s good for you because according to the United States Army, the quote, 'denial of white privilege' is a classic sign of yes, white supremacy, so no complaining. "

*Blah, blah, blah. Deny, deny, deny. Pseudo-Christian theology.*

" So the question is, why have they kept denouncing us, as of all things, white supremacists? "

Maybe it's because you keep saying racist shit, Tucker. Maybe because you're a habitual liar who wouldn't know a logical argument if someone beat you over the head with it. Maybe it's because you keep saying things that are exactly what a white supremacist would say if they were on a major television show and wanted plausible deniability. All that bullshit about "christianity" and seeing all people as equal doesn't line up with the rest of the shit you say. Paying lip-service to the idea of equality is not the same as actually promoting equality. It's like saying "I believe in eating a balanced diet" and then buying nothing but Twinkies from the store, and eating nothing but funnel cake from restaurants. Saying "I think it's good to eat vegetables" is not the same thing as actually eating a salad.

" so-called Proud Boys, whoever they are, "

Mr. Carlson knows exactly who the Proud Boys are.

"But private equity does have power, a lot of power. So does Google, so does Citibank, so does the government of China,.... "

Mr. Carlson married into the Swanson (frozen dinner) family fortune. He's worth $20 million dollars, and has ties to big business. He doesn't know shit about being poor. (Nor does my dad, typical of many Trump supporters, who often brings out the "Well, I grew up poor in rural Ohio..." My dad, who has told me the story of how one Christmas he didn't get the pony his dad promised him because his dad wanted to buy the family a color TV instead. A color TV in the mid-1960s when less than 10% of households with TVs had color TVs. My dad thinks he grew up poor, but sure as hell did not.)

Carlson's speech went exactly where it was expected to go. It took all the racist shit he and his followers say and do, wrapped them up in religion and the flag, and tried to sell them as the moral high ground. Tucker's speech, paraphrased, was "I'm not racist, you're racist against white people!"

Lastly, a reminder that Tucker Carlson was sued for defamation, and his legal defense was that no "reasonable viewer" takes him seriously. The problem being is that he's got a whole lot of unreasonable viewers. There are a whole lot of angry people who watch him who have rejected all reason and take his words as the absolute truth.

figmentPez

Staff member

Capitol siege _ DefSec Memorandum.jpg

Anyone know how unusual such an order is? The acting Secretary of Defense making such specific orders when violence is expected seems pretty sus to me.

So, I'm reading that a lot of these dumbasses that did insurrection at the capitol didn't even vote in the election they were sure trump won.

Fucking idiots.