Former President Trump Thread

cheeto also blamed the Secret Service for not visiting the cemetary in France knowing full well that they themselves will never comment on the issue to rebuke him.

I wish the news organizations would Band to their and stop reporting on Trumps antics for a few days. They would beg to have them back.

I mean, they literally said that they wouldn't use the tax cut to create jobs, but rather buy back their own stock to increase share value.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, i got to ask... are the taxes on income, or just profit? Because if they're just on profit, none of the money that goes to pay for wages would have been taxed anyway...

Like, they really need to teach basic econ in grade school... it's not even hard.
Both are taxed - profit AND income/wages.

Taxes are levied whenever money is exchanged.
Consumers pay money to companies? Income tax (corporate).
Companies pay money to employees? Income tax (personal).
Employees and/or companies buy goods and services? Sales tax.

--Patrick

People also forget that Fox News has been internally feuding over Trump for awhile now. The issue is, when the loudest on the network (Carlson, Hannity, etc) are so unapologeticlly pro-trump and bringing on dozens of other pro-trumpers, you kind of lose all the moments the network defies Trump's narrative.

Both are taxed - profit AND income/wages.
Taxes are levied whenever money is exchanged.
Consumers pay money to companies? Income tax (corporate).
Companies pay money to employees? Income tax (personal).
Employees and/or companies buy goods and services? Sales tax.

--Patrick
Oh for fucks sakes... i'm not talking about how taxes work 101.

I was asking what exactly did the tax cuts affect.

Because in plenty of places corporations don't actually pay taxes when operating at a loss etc (pretty sure i recal some ppl speculating that Trump didn't want to release his tax returns because they would have shown he wasn't paying much since he's been haemorrhaging money for years).

Oh for fucks sakes... i'm not talking about how taxes work 101.
I was asking what exactly did the tax cuts affect.
Ah, there's the confusion. You asked "are the taxes on income, or just profit?" and not "are the tax cuts."

It looks like it's the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 that we discussed before.
An excerpt from the Wikipedia page:
Major elements of the changes include reducing tax rates for businesses and individuals; a personal tax simplification by increasing the standard deduction and family tax credits, but eliminating personal exemptions and making it less beneficial to itemize deductions; limiting deductions for state and local income taxes (SALT) and property taxes; further limiting the mortgage interest deduction; reducing the alternative minimum tax for individuals and eliminating it for corporations; reducing the number of estates impacted by the estate tax; and repealing the individual mandate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
I know I quoted an article that painted a very unflattering picture of it,

--Patrick

And there go two Cabinet members.

EDIT: Ignore me; apparently I'm one of those "all news is about America" people now. -_-

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Awww, did someone tell the poor baby "no"?

The scary part of all this is the sheer number of Americans who believe that the Mueller investigation really is exactly what Trump says it is.

Ah, there's the confusion. You asked "are the taxes on income, or just profit?" and not "are the tax cuts."
While quoting a post about teh tax cuts... context, ppl!!!

It looks like it's the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 that we discussed before.
An excerpt from the Wikipedia page:

I know I quoted an article that painted a very unflattering picture of it,

--Patrick
I was actually hoping someone would tl;dr it for me, since i'm not really in the mood to go down such a complex rabbit hole as a tax system atm.

Oh Xmas cookies, the new acting attorney general may be forced to recuse himself from the FBI fraud investigation into himself.
Gosh, I wish this was the Random Poo thread but it's not, it would seem the company that the new Acting AG was promoting such wonderful products as the real Sasquatch doll made with hair genecticLly reproduced from the only know Bigfoot DNA sample, a crypto currency used exclusively for the future time travel market and a toilet designed for well endowed gentlemen.

I was actually hoping someone would tl;dr it for me, since i'm not really in the mood to go down such a complex rabbit hole as a tax system atm.
It’s a bit of a challenge to tldr (though the paragraph I quoted does try), since the Act itself was written with intent to obfuscate its contents and its effects. Best I can tell, the major complaints are that it is not progressive enough for individuals (everyone pays less tax, but the richer you are, the bigger that reduction is), no real attempt was made to pay for it (nothing to make up for revenue lost to the cuts), and the fact that the cuts for individuals are set to fade over time and even become an INcrease by 2027, but the cuts for corporations were permanent. Corporations are treated very, very well by the act.

—Patrick

Gosh, I wish this was the Random Poo thread but it's not, it would seem the company that the new Acting AG was promoting such wonderful products as the real Sasquatch doll made with hair genecticLly reproduced from the only know Bigfoot DNA sample, a crypto currency used exclusively for the future time travel market and a toilet designed for well endowed gentlemen.
We're you watching the Late Show last night?