TIL: Today I Learned

I'm so angry right now that no one in my life thought necessary to tell me how delicious challah bread is.

I don't eat a ton of bread but today I polished off a whole loaf throughout. Glad I bought 2.

I'm so angry right now that no one in my life thought necessary to tell me how delicious challah bread is.

I don't eat a ton of bread but today I polished off a whole loaf throughout. Glad I bought 2.
Slice the second, let it sit overnight, and make french toast with it.

And please don't kill me for not telling you about that sooner.

As logn as nobody starts raving about what Americans try to pass off as "bread". There's lots of great types of bread in the world, but American Sponge isn't one of them :p

As logn as nobody starts raving about what Americans try to pass off as "bread". There's lots of great types of bread in the world, but American Sponge isn't one of them :p
If I had a dime for every time you try to tell Americans how much everything we make sucks, I would be a millionaire. Your ethnocentrism grows old.

If I had a dime for every time you try to tell Americans how much everything we make sucks, I would be a millionaire. Your ethnocentrism grows old.
Now that's some confirmation bias. There's lots of things I like and even love about America and Americans, but some things suck over there, too. Sorry, you're a big country with a big cultural presence all over the world; you're going to get criticized.

And if you honestly think American wonder bread or American cheese-like product is "good" compared to actual bread or actual cheese, your taste buds are just plain broken. They may be handy or useful or cheap or a whole host of other stuff, but they aren't good.

I like coca cola. I like jeans. I like southern barbecue. I like tex mex. I love Disney movies. Ford makes some great cars (and some not so great ones). Americans, on a whole, tend to be more slef-reliant, but also more warm and welcoming, than northern Europeans. While it certainly has its problems, overall, I'm a fan of Hollywood. There's a lot more great American rap music than European. I love jazz. Americana music is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. Some of my favorite people are American.

And I assure you, there's plenty of stuff I truly and deeply hate about Belgium, too. You won't find me discussing those all that often on this board, because, well, there's a grand total of two Belgians on here, and one of them is mostly a lurker - and I doubt any of you can really hold an intelligent discussion on local party and identity politics as it concerns the Brussels language issue, or the closed deportation center soap we're seeing these days. Feel free to read up on those and have a conversation with me, though!

Now stop bitching because your fee-fees are hurt because someone said something that isn't very nice about a group you identify with.

If I had a dime for every time you try to tell Americans how much everything we make sucks, I would be a millionaire.
Hardly! Even if he said that in every one of his posts you'd have barely more than 1,450 bucks.

Although . . . @Dave has fucked up the forum so many times, that might account for the other ~9,985,500 dimes

It makes some of the best French toast, too.
EDIT: Oh, looks like @DarkAudit was already on that.
Sorry, man. I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood. I’ve probably been eating challah since before you were born.

—Patrick

Au contraire, mon frere*! @Cajungal and I were having a conversation about the merits of challah and it's crossroad between Jewish/Cajun humor a month or so ago. You were just late to the bandwagon.

(*Imagine terrible Gambit accent)

Today I Learned that the state of Arizona has a very tenuous connection to Doctor Who - the current Doctor herself.

The only problem is, it's shat on.

OH! Voice actor. For some reason my mind went to some sort of metaphorical relationship between the characters. Like how Spider-Man is Charlie Brown with super powers.
...shit, Spidey IS that isn't he? Has anyone made a parody comic with that? I feel they'd had to by now.
Post automatically merged:

...shit, Spidey IS that isn't he? Has anyone made a parody comic with that? I feel they'd had to by now.
TIL-
-Yes.

Clancy Brown is also the Captain of the Guard in The Shawshank Redemption. Also interestingly a GOOD (aligned I mean) prison guard in The Hurricane.
Well...I can only comment on his appearance in things I’ve actually seen, sooo...

—Patrick

TIL the announcer of the Cell Games canonical name ACTUALLY is Jimmy Firecracker. I thought that was a joke this whole time, its just such a weird name!

GasBandit

Staff member
TIL that if you chew peppermint flavored gum over a fruit punch scented candle, the taste that results is coconut, for some reason.

Man...so in the constant Retrekkering I've been doing, I just read about why the reason it went from Romulan Birds of Prey with cloaking devices in the TOS to Klingon Birds of Prey with cloaking devices in the movies is because...it was supposed to be a Romulan ship, but Leonard Nimoy changed his mind well into art production and decided the newly redesigned klingons from the Motion Picture looked more cinematic.

A single decision by Leonard Nimoy recontextualized klingons forever.