Things I hate

Dave

Staff member
Oil hasn't been changed in like 3 months. So if it's been off that long then I don't know what's stopped the oil from blowing out the top.

Only other thing might be that it's been loose, but jarring or something caused it to finally fall out. It's pretty hard to open a car hood without using the inside hood release, usually.

I would say it's even possible that it's been left off since your last oil change, but the underside of your hood and the top of your engine would've been splattered with all the oil that got thrown out, and I expect you would've noticed that.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
And smelled it. For the record, this car is a 1999 Saturn SL1. It sits on the street and I don't lock it. So to open the hood would have been easy. This is the one someone tried to steal last year but couldn't since it's a stick shift. Instead they rolled it down to the bottom of the hill trying to get it started.

Dave

Staff member
One of the back doors doesn't lock and I'm not spending more than the car is worth to fix it. Normally there's nothing worth stealing in it. I forget sometimes that people will steal anything. But how specific is an oil cap?!?

Cajungal

Staff member
I hate that the shitty pay causes teachers to turn to MLMs. No, I don't want any marked up essential oils. No I dont want any...collagen chews or other nutraceuticals.

Dave

Staff member
I hate that it’s 1 am and I don’t even feel tired. I’ve been tossing and turning since I came to bed at 10 and I just can’t sleep. Tomorrow’s going to suck.

I hate that it’s 1 am and I don’t even feel tired. I’ve been tossing and turning since I came to bed at 10 and I just can’t sleep. Tomorrow’s going to suck.
I feel your pain. Oh boy, do I.
Up 9/17 at 7:30a, bed finally 9/18 at 2:40a, up again 3hrs later at 5:45a so I'll have enough time to drop the car off for repair on the way to work, won't get home from work tonight until 7:30p.
I may skip dinner.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
People. Just...people. Especially people who think they are funny or are comedy writers.

Just got a hit for a 60th birthday party where they want the comedian to roast the birthday boy. Oh, and it'll be reading from a prepared script that the wife wrote. I'm sure it's going to be HILARIOUS!

Hey, I know! Hire a professional DJ to come to your house to push play on your iPod and not read the room or otherwise use their expertise to make things go smoothly. Stupid fucking people.

And you went with the self-disparaging remark instead? That's lazy comedy, man ;)
No lazier than going with the tried and true Dave's older than dirt joke. Well, yeah, it was lazier since I just clicked an emoticon rather than typing out a whole sentence.

At least I didn't pun :csi:

Dave

Staff member
Update: I told the lady no comic in my pool of comics wanted the gig. When she asked why I told her right up front. I also asked her why she even needed a comic if someone was going to just read what was on the sheet. She agreed that it was stupid and she said that she'd send over the speech and let our comic (not me - I'm not an insult comic) write their own jokes based on the sheet she sent. So score!

Cajungal

Staff member
Update: I told the lady no comic in my pool of comics wanted the gig. When she asked why I told her right up front. I also asked her why she even needed a comic if someone was going to just read what was on the sheet. She agreed that it was stupid and she said that she'd send over the speech and let our comic (not me - I'm not an insult comic) write their own jokes based on the sheet she sent. So score!
Honesty ftw!

Remote Control manufacturers. They can all die in a fire. Every one of them.

I got around buying a universal remote to replace the crappy Phillips OEM remotes that snap in half and have battery contacts that don't actually meet the terminals somehow by just using the universal/programmable remote that came with our Spectrum service. It's such a poorly manufactured remote that I'd like to leave it on the railroad tracks and let a lumber train take care of it for me. The buttons have to be pressed specifically straight up and down. They can't be, say, brushed across, quickly, while entering a three-digit series of numbers. They can't be pushed from slightly below or slightly above the precise center of the button if your finger slips off of it. Only straight up, and straight down. The issue with this, of course, is that they used extra-floppy rubber buttons, which are a full 2mm high, instead of a low profile button that would depress more uniformly. Also, when I say they can't be pressed that way, that's obviously and demonstrably false, because the remote itself registers the button push when it occurs (not when the button is released) by lighting up the input device type at the top - so you know whether you're controlling the cable, the TV, or another aux device. Unfortunately, the device doesn't transmit the result of the button push until you release the button, and if you slip slightly off center it doesn't work. This leads to all kinds of ridiculous arm positions, finger gymnastics, and frustrated shouts of "just accept the button push you stupid hunk of shit!" Seriously, who mass-manufactures this crap and why do they keep using pure Chinesium?!

Megyn Kelly. I mean, I've never liked her, but thanks to her dumbass I had to explain to my 6-year-old what "blackface" means because he overheard it on the news. Short version:

"Blackface is something people used to do to make fun of other people. Is it ever okay to make fun of someone?"
"No, Mommy."
"That lady got in trouble because she tried to say it was okay to make fun of people sometimes, and everyone told her that it wasn't. Also, please don't repeat that word because it's not a nice thing to say."
"Oh, okay."

It's bad enough as an adult I have to be vaguely aware of her stupidity. Don't infect my child, bitch.

I can't believe that after he constant racist bullshit she's still given chance after chance on things not Fox News.

I can't believe that after he constant racist bullshit she's still given chance after chance on things not Fox News.
But didn't you know? It was a major scoop for NBC when they lured her away from Fox. Her ratings were so high! And surely all of that racist nonsense was just the persona that Fox required, right?

figmentPez

Staff member
Megyn Kelly. I mean, I've never liked her, but thanks to her dumbass I had to explain to my 6-year-old what "blackface" means because he overheard it on the news. Short version:

"Blackface is something people used to do to make fun of other people. Is it ever okay to make fun of someone?"
"No, Mommy."
"That lady got in trouble because she tried to say it was okay to make fun of people sometimes, and everyone told her that it wasn't. Also, please don't repeat that word because it's not a nice thing to say."
"Oh, okay."

It's bad enough as an adult I have to be vaguely aware of her stupidity. Don't infect my child, bitch.
‘Megyn Kelly Today’ Is Canceled as the NBC Host Negotiates an Exit

She's still an NBC employee, and they'll have to pay her a lot to end her contract.

You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light feeling pretty psyched

It's the end of the month as we know it
It's the end of the month as we know it
It's the end of the month as we know it and I feel fine