Things I hate

Having to resort to Daily Motion. There's NO warning for ads, and sometimes a video's page can have a BILLION ads in the background constantly loading making the buffer time longer!

GasBandit

Staff member
Ohhhh it's gettin to be that time again.

MCDONALDS JUST CHANGED AAAAAALLLL THEIR ADVERTISING STARTING MONDAY. Pain. In. The. Ass.

"But you'll do it anyway, you fucking whore, because of all the money we spend, and you want every cent you can get, don't you, slut?"

Sigh... yes.

GasBandit

Staff member
Heat.

It's hot today.
Hotter'n two rats fuckin in a wool sock.

ALSO, on a related note, I've been kind of dehydrated lately, I realized this morning. I'll buy a gallon of purified water while I'm out at lunch, to keep in the office so I don't have to run back and forth getting something to drink while I work!

Walgreens: That'll be a buck twenty five.

Thanks! Boy this sure tastes like you drained it straight out of a rusty old water heater, Walgreens!

Walgreens: What're you gonna do, drive all the way back to demand your piddly fucking buck twenty five?

No, I guess not.

Walgreens: But you're too fucking pinchpenny to just pour it out, too, so you're gonna drink our perfidious rustwater down to the last drop and feel nauseous.

You know me so well walgreens. See you next time!

Walgreens: Oh and we stopped carrying that brand of kitty litter you buy regularly.

I had a spider hanging from my beard. How did it get there? Was it in my mouth when I was sleeping? Are the old wives tales true? Should I shave off the beard? If I did, would I find more spiders underneath? Should I just leave everything alone? Should I set myself on fire? Help.

I had a spider hanging from my beard. How did it get there? Was it in my mouth when I was sleeping? Are the old wives tales true? Should I shave off the beard? If I did, would I find more spiders underneath? Should I just leave everything alone? Should I set myself on fire? Help.

DON'T shave your beard, or all the baby spiders'll wake up and take off all at once. Just enjoy the fly- and mosquito-less time of your life.

That depends. Are the spiders an endangered species?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I've always said, I'd rather have a spider than whatever the spider is finding enough of to eat to decide to live with me.

Plot-twist: It's not a beard, but a cluster of spiders.

People who comment on a reality competition show with ideas that are against the goddamn core concept of the show.

For those who aren't aware, on History Channel there's a show called Forged in Fire. The core concept of the show is "We have 4 bladesmiths compete at making blades to a given set of parameters, with certain features or techniques required, through 2 series of eliminations. The two finalists then go to their home forges to recreate a historical weapon within 45 hours over 5 days. Then we test their weapons and declare a winner, who wins $10,000."

Suggested every two or three fucking days: "Why don't they have people who don't know how to forge compete?" BECAUSE THE POINT IS TO SEE WHAT SKILLED SMITHS CAN DO, AND BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. (As it is, at least 2 competitors over 4 seasons have had to been taken away in an ambulance, and at least a dozen have suffered minor injuries / heat exhaustion.)

Also suggested: "Instead of blades, why don't they make something else?" BECAUSE BLADES ARE COOL AND WROUGHT IRON DOOR HINGES AREN'T.

"They should do Katanas!" THAT WAS THE VERY FIRST EPISODE.

People who comment on a reality competition show with ideas that are against the goddamn core concept of the show.

For those who aren't aware, on History Channel there's a show called Forged in Fire. The core concept of the show is "We have 4 bladesmiths compete at making blades to a given set of parameters, with certain features or techniques required, through 2 series of eliminations. The two finalists then go to their home forges to recreate a historical weapon within 45 hours over 5 days. Then we test their weapons and declare a winner, who wins $10,000."

Suggested every two or three fucking days: "Why don't they have people who don't know how to forge compete?" BECAUSE THE POINT IS TO SEE WHAT SKILLED SMITHS CAN DO, AND BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, YOU HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF HURTING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. (As it is, at least 2 competitors over 4 seasons have had to been taken away in an ambulance, and at least a dozen have suffered minor injuries / heat exhaustion.)

Also suggested: "Instead of blades, why don't they make something else?" BECAUSE BLADES ARE COOL AND WROUGHT IRON DOOR HINGES AREN'T.

I remember one episode where a guy was like "I'll just take this lawnmower blade and grind it into the blade I need." He was disqualified for not FORGING anything. And rightly so IMO.

fade

Staff member

At least the internet has finally woken up to how mediocre in general the katana was. Which I think is due to Highlander and the way the characters on that show acted like it was the god of swords.

At least the internet has finally woken up to how mediocre in general the katana was. Which I think is due to Highlander and the way the characters on that show acted like it was the god of swords.
Prior to Highlander was the Ninja craze and prior to that was the huge TV mini series based on James Clavals Shogun.

I remember one episode where a guy was like "I'll just take this lawnmower blade and grind it into the blade I need." He was disqualified for not FORGING anything. And rightly so IMO.
Yeah. The judges outright said "During this round, you will be forging a blade..." and dumbfuck said "Well, I'll just do stock removal to save time. AND HE LEFT THE GODDAMN HOLE IT IN AT A SPOT IT WAS SURE TO CAUSE THE BLADE TO BREAK.

That guy wasn't the sharpest hammer on the anvil.

My little brother complaining about Hamilton, a play he has NEVER seen. I'm not even a fan of the play, I just sick of this topic of conversation!