[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
One thing doesn't make a lot of sense in JoJo. Dio should be nothing compared to the 4 pillar men Joseph beat already. The weakest pillar man easily consumed a normal vampire on first awakening. I get that he has Jonathan's body, but even there, Jonathan was weaker than Joseph. It's like they want to nerf Joseph because of plot reasons.
It's all about his stand. The World is the ultimate cheat code. And he didn't have a stand until he met Enya, after he rose from the depths.

fade

Staff member
The last arc of JoJo is the best so far, even though they've really lowered power levels all around. Only... They made it clear earlier in the same arc that they brought in Joseph because he could find someone who they didn't know using Hermit Purple. But then the show seems to forget that just a few episodes later when they can't find Kira.....

fade

Staff member
The original is a webcomic, though. There's tons of untapped material in the webcomic, but it gets really disjointed and the time line is all over the place.

Boku No Hero Academia is finished for the season and I have to admit I'm still incredibly impressed with the show. Still some of the best pacing on television.

fade

Staff member
Why does it seem like every manga or anime writer thinks they're the first to invent or discover psychopathy? They always seem to present it as it it was some new and different thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why does it seem like every manga or anime writer thinks they're the first to invent or discover psychopathy? They always seem to present it as it it was some new and different thing.
Kinda like every American comic thinks it is the first one to metaphorically deal with puberty.[DOUBLEPOST=1507399912,1507399729][/DOUBLEPOST]
The Devil is a Part-timer. We're on episode 4. I kind of want to smack the main characters.
I don't want to sour you on it, but I gave up on that one. If you ask me,

... the show progressively abandons more and more of what makes it unique (an absurd fish-out-of-water farce) to gradually become a stock-standard quasi-supernatural us-vs-them struggle to feed the chuunibyou.

I don't want to sour you on it, but I gave up on that one. If you ask me,

... the show progressively abandons more and more of what makes it unique (an absurd fish-out-of-water farce) to gradually become a stock-standard quasi-supernatural us-vs-them struggle to feed the chuunibyou.
No, I gave up on it last night. We made it to episode 6. I think Aussie and I both could see what was coming.

fade

Staff member
Little Witch Academia

This was surprisingly good. I expected little, but it's well written, and rather cinematic. Check it out.

Little Witch Academia

This was surprisingly good. I expected little, but it's well written, and rather cinematic. Check it out.
And keep an eye out for news regarding Season 2. Apparently it's been one of their most successful properties to date (especially over seas) and the creator is all for doing more... mostly because he wants to do episodes for Jasminka and a Sucy family episode (which is actually in the manga). They just need the okay from the studio.

They also have a PS4 game coming relatively soon. Brawler type game with Atsuko, Sucy, Lotte, Amanda, Jazminka, and Constanze as playable characters (maybe Diana too, it hasn't been confirmed).

Osomatsu-san is the WEIRDEST anime sequel series I've ever seen, primarily...in that it took them until 2015 to give six identical brothers different personalities. Cleh, took Disney until 2017 to differentiate the Duck triplets so whatevs.

Neo Yokio

I liked this a lot more than I thought it would, granted some VAs don't fit some characters, and the animation of the first ep was ABYSMAL in some scenes, but as a whole it was a very enjoyable mini-series as well as critique on the upper class and an appearance obsessed society. Prolly not getting a second season, but I still enjoyed it.

fade

Staff member
Ushio and Tora is pretty fun. Kind of stock standard stuff on one hand, but it's got enough going for it to make it interesting.

Assassination Classroom - We've been using this as eye bleach after watching some graphic movies/shows (like after finishing Hateful Eight *shudders*). We only have 6 episodes left in season 1. It is such a weird, quirky show. I can't wait to see who succeeds in the assassination!

We've also been watching Tokyo Ghoul. We're only on episode 7, so I'm giving it a chance before I decide whether or not I like it. So far, though, I really hate Kaneki. I told my cat that, despite being a female and spayed, she still has more balls than him.

You will NOT believe who Naoki Urasawa, creator of the murder mystery thriller "Monster" is focusing on in his latest manga-
SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!

God DAMN that reboot MUST be popular if its getting THIS GUY a spin-off!

Current binge is Servant x Service. Because Lucy.

Unrelated, has anyone ever lampshaded the Calling Your Attack trope by having the opponent getting bored and going home in the middle of a particularly long attack name?

Current binge is Servant x Service. Because Lucy.

Unrelated, has anyone ever lampshaded the Calling Your Attack trope by having the opponent getting bored and going home in the middle of a particularly long attack name?
I feel like this could've totally happened in Trigun. I mean, it probably didn't, but it could've.

--Patrick