[TV] The Walking Dead

The worst spoiler-prone fans are Downton Abbey viewers. They will IMMEDIATELY go on Facebook and cry that one of the main characters bought the farm.

They actually spoiled it in the trailer a bit, although it may have been intentional. You can narrow down who died by the blood on Ricks cheek.
While that's true, they could have used it to fuck with everyone, since the blood was from the bat and not from death splatter.

Okay, I haven't watched since season 2, but I figured I would have heard if there was a gorilla on TWD. Huh. Guess I missed more than I thought.

Honestly, with Glenn gone I just lost interest. I know it's silly to be attached to one character, but he always was one of the few beacons of hope in the show. With him gone I feel like part of the soul of the show is gone.

Honestly, with Glenn gone I just lost interest. I know it's silly to be attached to one character, but he always was one of the few beacons of hope in the show. With him gone I feel like part of the soul of the show is gone.
A lot of people felt that way in the comics, but that was really the point when they picked up so... *shrug*

I do think they drew it out a bit too long though, especially after seemingly killing Glen earlier in the season.

The hard part of the last two seasons has been the introduction of a lot of new characters. Too many people spread out between different communities means they all have separate stories to tell, and it feels like it takes an entire season to cover a weeks worth of time. It feels like it's been six months since we heard from Maggie.

I really hope they trim down and consolidate after this season.[DOUBLEPOST=1489509470,1489509179][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the media add on can suck my balls for what it does to the layout when someone uses it.

Netflix told me season 7 is up and I still just don't feel like it. I was really diehard for this show seasons 1 through 5.
Yeah, I gave up...somewhere. I can't even remember where now. Halfway through a season; the one where Beth (I think her name was Beth?) dies in the hospital that kidnapped her. I remember downloading episodes as they aired, but then built up a queue of three or four episodes and realized, "You know, I just don't feel like catching up." That's when I realized I didn't care about the show anymore and stopped watching.

(Also, I'm sure someone will respond with the season number where I dropped off. Don't bother. My point is that seasons started running together to the point they became forgettable.)

Yeah, I gave up...somewhere. I can't even remember where now. Halfway through a season; the one where Beth (I think her name was Beth?) dies in the hospital that kidnapped her. I remember downloading episodes as they aired, but then built up a queue of three or four episodes and realized, "You know, I just don't feel like catching up." That's when I realized I didn't care about the show anymore and stopped watching.

(Also, I'm sure someone will respond with the season number where I dropped off. Don't bother. My point is that seasons started running together to the point they became forgettable.)
That was the turning point for me too, but I kept watching. It's ok, but that death really marked a turning point in how invested I was with the characters.

That was the turning point for me too, but I kept watching. It's ok, but that death really marked a turning point in how invested I was with the characters.
Honestly, it wasn't even her death that bothered me. I didn't give two craps (which I think is what you meant, too). It was the glacial pace of the show itself. Jack all happened for several episodes. Hell, sometimes for a whole season. And then all of a sudden EVERYTHING happens in the mid-season or season finale. Usually the finales or premieres were worth watching, but everything in between was a goddamn slog.

Honestly, it wasn't even her death that bothered me. I didn't give two craps (which I think is what you meant, too). It was the glacial pace of the show itself. Jack all happened for several episodes. Hell, sometimes for a whole season. And then all of a sudden EVERYTHING happens in the mid-season or season finale. Usually the finales or premieres were worth watching, but everything in between was a goddamn slog.
Pacing has been the issue from Day 1: they wanted to do the comic's story, but not at the lower episode count it needed. They had a SEASON to fill. So we get 1-2 episodes of nonsense for every episode worth of story.

I'm still on board, but this is basically the season that decides if I keep going.

Pacing has been the issue from Day 1: they wanted to do the comic's story, but not at the lower episode count it needed. They had a SEASON to fill. So we get 1-2 episodes of nonsense for every episode worth of story.

I'm still on board, but this is basically the season that decides if I keep going.
The first season was great, but that was also only 6 episodes, which strengthens your point.

To be honest, I have similar criticisms with the comic's pacing, but I still like it. I just find single issues or even the 6-issue trades aren't substantial enough reading and then have to wait for the next volume. Personally, I've enjoyed reading them in the 50-some issue Compendium collections. Substantial reading that leaves me satisfied until the next one every few years and they look great together on the shelf.

Between this and Game of Thrones, it's one of the few TV shows that Jun and I can watch together without Chinese subtitles and she's invested in. I enjoy it reasonably enough. I'm not super full of anticipation or anything for the 22nd, but I'm looking forward to having a show to watch again every week.