[TV] The Walking Dead

Since I read the comic, I'm 99% sure which character went to batting practice.
IMO, if that was true we should have heard a louder scream from... well, you know.[DOUBLEPOST=1459875137,1459875043][/DOUBLEPOST]
You'd think after The Sopranos they'd learn not to pull this shit.
If they really wanted to be clever, they would have cut to black, make it seem like the credits where rolling... then, BOOM, cut back to bloody body...

Are we taking bets on who it is?

My top 3 are:

1. Michonne - cause Rick can't be happy.
2. Abraham - The easy way out. He's been getting a lot of attention this season too.
3. Daryl - Because this is supposed to really mean something. Plus it might be what it takes to bring Carol back.

It'll be Aaron, Abraham, Sasha, Rosita, or maybe Eugene unless someone doesn't play ball on their contract. Probably Aaron.
My bet is on Abraham.....

Eugene would work, but he was way to telegraphed at the end there making him too obvious for this type of cliffhanger, and the whole bullets thing is going to become super important going forward. Sasha and Rosita have the "Walking dead kills more people of color problem", and I really hope it isn't Aaron because the image of a gay man being beaten to death by a baseball bat on TV should be too much.
With Abraham, Denise died the way he dies in the comic freeing him up from dying that way in the show aaand his character went out around the same time in the comic meaning they won't need to come up with new material for him in the coming war.

You'd think after The Sopranos they'd learn not to pull this shit.
I liked it in Sopranos. It's clear Tony got shot, and the story is through his eyes, which go to black as soon as he's shot. It wasn't a cliffhanger. It was to signify what comes with that lifestyle. Like it or not, it was done for art.

TWD is just stringing in ratings for next season since season 6 did worse than 5.

I drew out a diagram of the characters and did the Eni mini myni MO myself (like a crazy person) and it landed on

Daryl

So I'm going to go with that until given evidence otherwise.

Watched a youtube video on who it should be. Negan steps to Rick's left before landing on "it". People to the left are Eugene, Carl, Shasha, or Aaron.

Pretty sure AMC is going to go the safe route and axe either Eugene or Aaron.

For what it's worth I think they'll probably go with "pouring the bisquick" Abe as he, IMO, is right at that sweet spot of popular yet expendable

I drew out a diagram of the characters and did the Eni mini myni MO myself (like a crazy person) and it landed on

Daryl

So I'm going to go with that until given evidence otherwise.
Yeah, but Negan kept skipping people and saying it sporadically, so it's not really a way to judge since he was cheating.

Now we just wait for someone to unravel the audio of everyone screaming at the first bat swing so we can figure out who's not being hit.
I don't think there was any. I thought it cut to just negan, no background sounds. There have been fakes where people overlayed audio, but nothing legit.

I don't think there was any. I thought it cut to just negan, no background sounds. There have been fakes where people overlayed audio, but nothing legit.
Nope, there was screaming. I'm gonna pull it up on Amazon so I can say exactly when.[DOUBLEPOST=1460076379,1460076037][/DOUBLEPOST]There's crying out and screaming as the bat connects on the first blow, then ringing in the person's ears while Negan talks again. I doubt anyone could parse much out of it though.

Also, as if this wasn't already obvious, it's not Rick since Negan's finishing thought to cutting out Carl's other eye is feeding it to his father.

I finally got to watch this episode, and all the story stuff aside, what the hell happened to Jeffrey Dean Morgan? Big head aside, he looked like a scarecrow walking around in flapping clothes. I hope he's not in bad health, he can be so much fun to watch.

The season 2 premiere for Fear the Walking Dead was... pretty good. Society has mostly broken down and the military has given up on the mainland.

Pros: I really like Strand. That guy is probably a psychopath but has the right idea.

Con: The special effects are craptastic. I mean SyFy Original Movie quality.

Part of Negan's charm is his creative use of curse words ("I'm about as useful as a fingerless eunuch during Fuck Fest February!"). I'm wondering how AMC can get around the censors.

Part of Negan's charm is his creative use of curse words ("I'm about as useful as a fingerless eunuch during Fuck Fest February!"). I'm wondering how AMC can get around the censors.
The FCC hasn't been able to induce fines or sanctions on TV since 2011. This gives AMC a bit of leeway. It also helps that AMC is using such obscenity in an artistic, interesting way... it would be one thing if people were CONSTANTLY saying fuck on TWD, but by keeping use low AMC is able to show the FCC that it's use isn't designed to titillate.

I didn't watch the episode because I kinda stopped caring and don't feel like buying the season on Amazon just to be depressed, but I did want to know before then who asked for too much money in contract negotiations got bludgeoned like we should've found out months ago.

Well, color me surprised.

I kinda expected Glenn, and since he got a "bullshit out of dying" moment last season, it's been coming. I did not expect two deaths though, so Abraham biting it is bigger. Really though, it's more just that they did a double kill. I didn't expect they'd off someone like Daryl or Carl.

I didn't watch the episode because I kinda stopped caring and don't feel like buying the season on Amazon just to be depressed, but I did want to know before then who asked for too much money in contract negotiations got bludgeoned like we should've found out months ago.

Well, color me surprised.

I kinda expected Glenn, and since he got a "bullshit out of dying" moment last season, it's been coming. I did not expect two deaths though, so Abraham biting it is bigger. Really though, it's more just that they did a double kill. I didn't expect they'd off someone like Daryl or Carl.
If you don't want to buy the season, you can always watch the latest episode on amc.com

I don't have a cable subscription, and it's letting me watch it without logging into anything.
I tried a couple seasons back and it wanted to know my Comcast bullshit.

This episode seems to play fine (not watching it right now, but will see), but how long have you been doing it that way? Is it going to be like that the whole season or just for the premiere?

Well, the story sync feature on AMC's website is pretty cool. That's why I watch it live.

But yeah, one-third of an average episodes runtime is advertising. That's because ad slots during Walking Dead are about as expensive as commercials for Monday Night Football. Big Bang Theory has the same problem. It used to be that each episode was 22-23 minutes. Now they're in the 18-19 minute range.

Well, the story sync feature on AMC's website is pretty cool. That's why I watch it live.

But yeah, one-third of an average episodes runtime is advertising. That's because ad slots during Walking Dead are about as expensive as commercials for Monday Night Football. Big Bang Theory has the same problem. It used to be that each episode was 22-23 minutes. Now they're in the 18-19 minute range.
I can't even blame AMC for doing it; The Walking Dead is basically financing the network right now. CBS gets no such pass though.

I think I really annoyed my brother in laws girlfriend for laughing throughout you know who's death scene.

I really don't care much for any of the characters left, except for michonne and maybe morgan. I'm not nearly as excited for this season as I have been for others.

I can't even blame AMC for doing it; The Walking Dead is basically financing the network right now. CBS gets no such pass though.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...nielsen-advertising-study-20140510-story.html

Networks in general have increased their commercial time. Now that most (all?) of the BBT main cast are getting $1 million every episode, CBS is finding every excuse to shoehorn ads into that time slot.

http://nypost.com/2015/08/16/expect-more-commercials-thanks-to-ratings-plunge/

And there will just be more ads now that people are using streaming services more and more.

Is spoiler decorum dead? Not here of course. Threads are properly marked & spoilers are usually hidden behind tags.

I had no less than 5 people on FB screaming about who died last night within minutes of the show starting. One of them apparently got called out & proceeded to blame the spoilees for even being on FB during/after the show.

Is spoiler decorum dead? Not here of course. Threads are properly marked & spoilers are usually hidden behind tags.

I had no less than 5 people on FB screaming about who died last night within minutes of the show starting. One of them apparently got called out & proceeded to blame the spoilees for even being on FB during/after the show.

The problem is that people just get too cought up in the moment to think about it. I had someone in my FB get called out and then delete his status after posting a spoiler. I have to admit I've been guilty of it too. I think this is why viewing parties are the way to go for shows like this. You immediately have someone to talk to about it instead of yelling into the void.