[TV] The Walking Dead

They seem to be acting like

They're all Negan = they have no leader.

I wish I could think that, but thanks to news sites, we already know ...

A specific actor is cast as Negan.

As for this episode, solid, intense, but I'm really annoyed with Morgan for planting seeds of doubt in Carol. Now isn't the time for that shit.

As for this episode, solid, intense, but I'm really annoyed with Morgan for planting seeds of doubt in Carol. Now isn't the time for that shit.
Except it was entirely Carol's fault and Morgan was right.

Owen (The Wolf) risked himself to save Denise entirely because she treated him like a human being. He might not have survived his walker bite, but even Denise seemed to think he was a better person than he pretended to be. After seeing him try to save Denise, Carol still shot him... but the only reason she hasn't told anyone about what Morgan did is because she actually feels guilty about killing Owen. Her having to examine all the people she killed and finally having to reaffirm her own willingness to kill were both necessary things for her to do in order to prevent herself from losing her own humanity like the Wolves or the Saviors.

Poor Denise. She does everything right and ends up getting killed because of Eugene... or Abraham or even Daryl, I guess. Which is a shame because she was actually one of my favorite characters on the show. At least she got her Crush... not that she got to drink it.

Fucking Morgan.

Hey, look what happened when Daryl gave someone a fucking chance!

And now you've destroyed Carol, something not even their enemies could do.

Really pissed about that. It's no longer a matter of giving perspective, just fucked it. Fuck.

I think it's a little unfair to blame Morgan for this, especially since he was right. And what he's built would have been real helpful last season... not everyone deserves a bullet and it could have deescalated things with the doctor.

When it comes down to it, they have to take chances. The existence of Hilltop, a community that is at least open to cooperation has already proven that.

Carol has been one of their best assets and he put the idea in her head. I don't see how it isn't his fault.

I'm not saying he's entirely wrong, but he's not entirely right either. And now really isn't the time. There's a difference between keeping perspective so as not to kill without necessity versus shaking up their fighters so bad that they'd rather run than fight.

Carol has been one of their best assets and he put the idea in her head. I don't see how it isn't his fault.

I'm not saying he's entirely wrong, but he's not entirely right either. And now really isn't the time. There's a difference between keeping perspective so as not to kill without necessity versus shaking up their fighters so bad that they'd rather run than fight.
Except even Carol admits that what she did back in the prison was out of line and the only reason she's still with the group is because it was ether help them or leave them to die back in Terminus. It's all been momentum since. Once she realized that the only thing keeping her going was inertia then it was only a matter of time until she realized that she wasn't okay with the way things are going. Again, this isn't Morgan's fault... he just made her aware of what she already knew was true. He didn't do anything wrong and, again, he is right.

Except even Carol admits that what she did back in the prison was out of line and the only reason she's still with the group is because it was ether help them or leave them to die back in Terminus. It's all been momentum since. Once she realized that the only thing keeping her going was inertia then it was only a matter of time until she realized that she wasn't okay with the way things are going. Again, this isn't Morgan's fault... he just made her aware of what she already knew was true. He didn't do anything wrong and, again, he is right.
It wasn't necessary to make her aware of that right now, especially not to prod at her after the business with the Wolves was done with. If Morgan had gone at her like that before the Wolves attacked, who can say whether she would've been able to help, or been paralyzed. Now something much stronger is coming and she won't be there to save their asses.

Also, she was already still trying to help before the Terminus sitatuation, with the girls, Judith, and Tyrese.

Not everyone deserves a bullet, but not everyone's going to stop just because they get conked on the head with the happy stick. I think the finale's going to have Morgan eating his words.

It wasn't necessary to make her aware of that right now, especially not to prod at her after the business with the Wolves was done with. If Morgan had gone at her like that before the Wolves attacked, who can say whether she would've been able to help, or been paralyzed. Now something much stronger is coming and she won't be there to save their asses.

Also, she was already still trying to help before the Terminus sitatuation, with the girls, Judith, and Tyrese.

Not everyone deserves a bullet, but not everyone's going to stop just because they get conked on the head with the happy stick. I think the finale's going to have Morgan eating his words.
We're almost certainly going to see ether Daryl or Carol die by the season finale. If not someone else from Rick's group. It's been too long and the mid-season fake-out means they sort of need to make up for it now.

We're almost certainly going to see ether Daryl or Carol die by the season finale. If not someone else from Rick's group. It's been too long and the mid-season fake-out means they sort of need to make up for it now.
It won't be Daryl unless they want to see a plummet in audience for season 7.

I agree that it's really not Morgan's fault. He may have been a catalyst, but if anything, what pushed her over was last week. Her initial hesitation was an act, but talking to the other women really made her react to the kind of person she was becoming. Also, I think Maggie being pregnant and still going out fighting is something that really bothers her as well.

Also, is there anyone that actually knows about the Lizzie thing?

I agree that it's really not Morgan's fault. He may have been a catalyst, but if anything, what pushed her over was last week. Her initial hesitation was an act, but talking to the other women really made her react to the kind of person she was becoming. Also, I think Maggie being pregnant and still going out fighting is something that really bothers her as well.

Also, is there anyone that actually knows about the Lizzie thing?
I thought she told Daryl about it season 5, episode 2, but I'm not sure if she got into specifics or if it was more of "it was bad" type of vaguery.

But since Daryl isn't the type to gossip, then if he knows, he's the only one besides Carol. I doubt Tyrese started talking about it.

Oh man... the trailer the finale...

Lucille's in it. It ain't gonna be good. The only question now is if Morgan and Carol meet up to try and save the others or if they have their own B-Plot.

Since I read the comic, I'm 99% sure which character went to batting practice.
So have I, but things are different enough with the show that you can't really count on that knowledge. Some things (like Andrea being an idiot and all of the Richonne stuff) are tied to the show.

I wouldn't put much stock in who dies in the comic. The show follows the general story, but not always the specifics.

It was a good episode, they had a really good build up to the moment. The show is starting to put me off with all the fake outs and who was it's. It's to the point that I don't even care who dies any more.

This was the best episode up until that. The tension was great, the feeling of hopelessness, everything Negan did etc. I loved it all, EXCEPT that fucking tease. Even the POV shot was an awesome way to bypass the gore while keeping the emotional aspect.

I would have preferred they just had brought a throwaway Alexandrian who got picked.

This was the best episode up until that. The tension was great, the feeling of hopelessness, everything Negan did etc. I loved it all, EXCEPT that fucking tease. Even the POV shot was an awesome way to bypass the gore while keeping the emotional aspect.

I would have preferred they just had brought a throwaway Alexandrian who got picked.
They brought Aaron with them. The coward's way out would be to kill him instead of one of the main cast.

Fuck this show I'm out.

Ruined what could have been TWD's Red Wedding. Come October it won't be a shock anymore no matter who it is. No one's going to care (especially when people get a hold of the casting list for next season and essentially spoiler it before the season 7 premier). God I was so pissed I stayed up late to watch this garbage. And the commercials, Christ I don't think any show has more even though it's industry standardized. TWD would have been so much better as a Showtime or HBO series...

And the commercials, Christ I don't think any show has more even though it's industry standardized.
That's because AMC gets $500,000 for each 30-second commercial. Walking Dead used to be filled with ads because AMC was diverting all their funds to Mad Men. That's also why Rick and company spent the entirety of Season 2 on that goddamned farm. Now it's filled with ads because AMC wants to fund... I dunno what.

Big Bang Theory is worse regarding commercials. A lot of episodes are 18-19 minutes in length because CBS gets so much money off of ads.

Dave

Staff member
Commercials is one of the big reasons I don't watch TV any more. If a show gets popular the network puts so much advertising on it that it becomes nigh unwatchable.

I'm pretty sure Negan killed
the cameraman.

I buy the season on Amazon digitally, so no commercials ... but it means paying upfront, good or bad.

I'm annoyed with the show for pulling this shit and almost wonder if this is a contract renewal strategy rather than a writing decision. Either way, it took the guts out of an otherwise terrific episode. Season 6 in particular has treated this more like a game than other seasons where these dramatic moments felt natural. Season 5 had a great finale and people were okay with it seeming like someone from the main cast was going to die, but then none of them did, and the writers just took that as a greenlight to bait us along.

I heard the cast wasn't happy with the finale either.

This is clearly a contract thing: whoever doesn't get in line can get the axe. So ether they all do it or none of them do... and it's likely no one is safe. Norman Reedus, for example, has complained that his character hasn't gotten much spotlight in the past two seasons and it's one of the reasons why he's been doing different projects (like the planned Silent Hills and that movie he did). So now he's in actual danger of being written off despite being a breakaway character, entirely because the writers didn't know what to do with him.