[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

I already voted, so Phbbbt to Cheeto.

EDIT:
Maricopa County Voter Dashboard said:
My Ballot Status

10/12/2020
Your ballot was signature verified. Ballots will be counted starting on Oct. 20.

Last edited:

"I’m not here to give you a Rah Rah you got this speech. I’m not here to tell you that you signed up to help this community and to keep your head up. I’m here to tell you I’m sorry you have to go through this. I’m sorry your families have to go through this. I’m sorry the Mayor, Amy Hess and Chief Conrad failed all of us in epic proportions for their own gain and to cover their asses.

You DO NOT DESERVE to be in this position. The position that allows thugs to get in your face and yell, curse and degrade you. Throw bricks, bottles and urine on you and expect you to do nothing. It goes against EVERYTHING we were all taught in the academy. The position that if you make a mistake during one of the most stressful times in your career, the department and FBI (who aren’t cops and would piss their pants if they had to hold the line) go after you for civil rights violations. Your civil rights mean nothing, but the criminal has total autonomy.

We all signed up to be police officers. We knew the risks and were willing to take them, but we always assumed the city had your back. We wanted To do the right thing in the midst of an evil world to protect those who cannot protect themselves. To enforce laws that make it possible to live in a peaceful society. We as police DO NOT CARE if you are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, what you identify as...this week. We aren’t better than anyone. This is not an us against society, but it is good versus evil. We are sons, daughters, husbands, wives, parters, brothers, sisters, dads and moms. We are human beings with flaws, feelings and emotions.

Now I’m just rambling, but I want you to know that I’m still proud to be a cop. To be an LMPD cop. No matter the ineptitude in upper command or the mayors office, this is one of the greatest jobs on earth. With that being said these next few days are going to be tough. They are going to be long, they are going to be frustrating. They will put a tremendous amount of stress on your families. Do not let your ego get you in a trick bag. Have your partners 6. De escalate if possible. DO NOT give the pencil pushers at the top, you know the ones who are too scared to hold the line, a reason to open investigations on you. The same ones that couldn’t make decisions to save their lives. We need leaders that lead from the front and not in a room under a desk. Do what you need to do to go home you your family. Just do it with dignity and make sure you can justify your actions because everything down there is recorded.

I don’t know a lot of you guys/gals but I’ve felt the love. Regardless of the outcome today or Wednesday, I know we did the legal, moral and ethical thing that night. It’s sad how the good guys are demonized, and criminals are canonized. Put that aside for a while, keep your focus and do your jobs that you are trained and capable of doing. Don’t put up with their shit, and go home to those lovely families and relationships.

I wish I were there with you leading the charge. I’ll be praying for your safety. Remember you are just a pawn in the Mayors political game. I’m proof they do not care about you or your family, and you are replaceable. Stay safe and do the right thing. YOU ARE LOVED AND SUPPORTED by most of the community. Now go be the Warriors you are, but please be safe! None of these “peaceful” protesters are worth your career or freedom. God speed boys and girls."

You DO NOT DESERVE to be in this position. The position that allows thugs to get in your face and yell, curse and degrade you. Throw bricks, bottles and urine on you and expect you to do nothing. It goes against EVERYTHING we were all taught in the academy.
What most struck me is this (perhaps unintentionally) revealing line (emphasis mine). This is PRECISELY what should be taught in the police academy, to be able to coolly approach this type of encounter and intentionally "do nothing" (punitive or retaliatory) but instead either maintain stoic non-reaction or calmly de-escalate the situation, depending on what the situation is. Debates about defunding/restructuring of police aside, the sooner that the "warrior" style of training can be relegated to the trash heap where it belongs, the better.

It's a fairly ridiculous comparison, but every time a police officer indignantly huffs "well, we can't expect our people to not react to this kind of abuse," I can't help but think of pediatricians, who don't body slam their patients to the ground when some kid screams, bites them, and poops on them in the course of a routine interaction. (Obviously not a perfect parallel, as toddlers are typically less heavily armed than the general population, and thus are generally a lesser threat to their overall safety, but still...)

It's not a bad comparison. Teachers, bouncers, pediatricians, psychiatrists, people taking care of people with mental disabilities, drug rehab workers, customer service reps,... There's a wide range of professions which will regularly face aggression. And somehow, we don't think any of them should "not accept it" and retaliate.
Cops are THE number one profession who are most likely to face aggression, and it is THEIR job to be well-trained in how to handle it and de-escalate. It is normal and expected that someone who's just had a car accident, or been raped, or been assaulted, or found their spouse in bed with their sibling, or whatever the f you're called over for, is emotional, somewhat more unstable than on average, perhaps panicky,...
If it's not to help calm down and protect the people you meet, I don't understand why you think being a cop is a great job. Carrying a big gun and telling people what to do with impunity is "bully" not "cop".

Yes, that line, among others, are what pissed me off most. We were drilled the exact opposite at Depot. The RCMP has problems. MANY SHITTY VICIOUS PROBLEMS. But fuck that.

The line about not being racist, and then makes a racist/sexist/homophobic/transphobic ONE JOKE in the same sentence as blew me away.

What most struck me is this (perhaps unintentionally) revealing line (emphasis mine). This is PRECISELY what should be taught in the police academy, to be able to coolly approach this type of encounter and intentionally "do nothing" (punitive or retaliatory) but instead either maintain stoic non-reaction or calmly de-escalate the situation, depending on what the situation is. Debates about defunding/restructuring of police aside, the sooner that the "warrior" style of training can be relegated to the trash heap where it belongs, the better.
This reminds me of a video I saw recently in which a police academy was doing something called a "chicken test". All the recruits are made to stand at attention while some sergeants walk around them randomly with a rubber chicken. They do little things to try and surprise or make the recruit laugh or smile, and should the recruit even so much as crack a smile or flinch, he is commanded to drop and do pushups. The comments under the video were interesting because there was two minds, one group believing that suppressing emotion by punishing laughter makes cops more cold and rigid and more likely to stop seeing people as human, and another side that says the training is to make sure they don't laugh inappropriately. I am honestly on the fence with it, but leaning more on suppressing positive emotion as a bad thing.

It’s sad how the good guys are demonized, and criminals are canonized.
I've seen this line used by cops a couple of times in regard to the Breonna Taylor shooting & it absolutely infuriates me. Breonna Taylor was not a criminal. For them to try and imply she was to justify their actions is disgusting. The cops are not the good guys being unfairly demonized, they are the ones who are doing the demonizing.

I've seen this line used by cops a couple of times in regard to the Breonna Taylor shooting & it absolutely infuriates me. Breonna Taylor was not a criminal. For them to try and imply she was to justify their actions is disgusting. The cops are not the good guys being unfairly demonized, they are the ones who are doing the demonizing.
And even if she was a criminal, cops don't get to be judge, jury, and executioner.