[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

Zappit

Staff member
Well, that just might mean the Feds put lethal force on the table next time these twits try something. They've already fired shots towards federal agents in 2014 when they tried to seize cattle over unpaid grazing fees. Now they get off scot-free for, well, terrorist activities. They'll very likely feel empowered to try something else now.

Try this link instead. Associated Press.

Dave

Staff member
They took the fucking place over by force! It was nationally televised! How the ever-loving FUCK are they acquitted?!?

They took the fucking place over by force! It was nationally televised! How the ever-loving FUCK are they acquitted?!?
Because they were tried by a jury of their peers; rural white nincompoops.

Hopefully this means the Feds gun them down next time they pull a stunt like that. At least one of them's in the ground.

Edit: Why the disagree rating? Was the word "nincompoop" too harsh?

Last edited:
Look, they didn't do anything worthy of the death penalty. (sans tarp man RIP) ((actually probably treason is legally worth it, but not IMO))

The worst response to this would be something like. "If trials don't work, we should kill the next ones immediately!" That's exactly the police state that everyone claims we don't live in! I know this is a radical idea, but even white people with guns should have the right to surrender peacefully.

Also others made the obvious dakota pipeline allusion that would have gotten "doing the thing again" if I posted it ;)

Look, they didn't do anything worthy of the death penalty. (sans tarp man RIP) ((actually probably treason is legally worth it, but not IMO))

The worst response to this would be something like. "If trials don't work, we should kill the next ones immediately!" That's exactly the police state that everyone claims we don't live in! I know this is a radical idea, but even white people with guns should have the right to surrender peacefully.

Also others made the obvious dakota pipeline allusion that would have gotten "doing the thing again" if I posted it ;)
If they hadn't been white people, there might've been on-site death penalty to go around, but instead they get a pass. There's middle ground between death sentence and acquittal; what they deserved was within that middle ground.

Dave

Staff member
You mean like jail time for taking weaponry into a federal building? This was undisputed yet they said they were innocent. Boggles the mind.

Zappit

Staff member
It will be harder to acquit when one of these Bundy fools actually fires his weapon and hits somebody. They keep waving guns at federal employees. It seems inevitable.

The case looks very interesting:

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/2...keover-of-oregon-wildlife-refuge.html?0p19G=c

In short, the charges required motive - that they either intended to harm others, or at least impede the federal workers.

Since they took the building during a time it wouldn't have otherwise been occupied or used, and further since there were paid federal workers present whose activities were not impeded, the jury didn't see fit to render a guilty verdict for that.

It appears that the prosecutor didn't make a strong enough case that they intended to harm anyone either.

I suppose that they've provided an example of how to peacefully stage a protest at a federal building, something which a lot of people have done before them, demanding what they believe to be their rights, and doubtless a lot will do after them since the government and others are restricting rights.

I suppose congress will enact new laws that would enable jail time for protestors in federal buildings even if they don't impede federal workers or harm anyone, but I'm guessing such laws would be used to suppress minority activists in a rather unpleasant way.

I wonder. If these men didn't bring their firearms with them, would that have been an acceptable protest? Is the only difference between MLK and these folks, besides the protest topic, the fact that they also exercised their second amendment rights while protesting?

It's certainly an illuminating case.

Yeah, let those native Americans try this or a group of Black Lives Matter protesters. See how that works out for them.
Or even just white women. They are still trying to pin charges on Amy Goodman for reporting on the Dakota pipeline stuff, even after the judge threw out the original charges.

This only happened because they were good ol' boys, being judged by other good ol' boys. The prosecutor should have forced a change of venue; they were never going to get a fair trial there.

Incident from 2015 -- Black Man arrested for driving his own car.

There was a reasonable suspicion to pull him over. The was adjusting the trim on the roof of his car and it appeared to a witness that he was breaking into the car. However, the stop was particularly absurd. Man gets out of his car and raises his hands, offering no resistance. The police officers yell for him to get down and when he does not comply instantaneously, they attack him, force him to the ground, handcuff him, and inform him that they would have been justified to kill him. The man is arrested for obstruction and resisting arrest. The charges are dropped once he appears before a judge. An internal police investigation found no wrong doing on the part of the officers. A civil suit is pending.
(Washington Post)

According to the White House, it's too early to be able to say what the killer's motivations were. Even though, you know, he shouted them out before killing anyone.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kansas-india-whitehouse-idUSKBN16329P
Well of course they don't know what his motivation was. The killer was white after all. It's only if the killer is brown you can immediately say what the motivation (terrorism) was - even if there isn't any actual evidence for that.

While I agree that this murder is worth talking about, isn't this the wrong thread? This one is about police shootings I thought?

That's because white people are complex individuals. Brown people are much simpler in their thinking with one main goal, terrorism. They are also in a hive mind.

But seriously, I hope we don't have to hear more stories like this.

Dave

Staff member
While I agree that this murder is worth talking about, isn't this the wrong thread? This one is about police shootings I thought?
Not really. Mass shooting and the direct response to it by the White House.

Problem is this WH is so fucked up it could span several threads and be relevant.

A man has been arrested for shooting two Indian men, killing one of them, in Kansas while reportedly shouting 'Get out of my country'. A bystander was also shot as he intervened and tried to stop the shooter. (KMBC)

GoFundMe link for the family of Srinivas Kuchibhotla, the man who was killed:https://www.gofundme.com/srinus-familyrecovery-support

GoFundMe link for Ian Grillot, the man who tried to stop the shooter: https://www.gofundme.com/a645d-ians-road-to-recovery
I don't know anything about KMBC, but it's is really telling that they have 5 articles about the incident, the only information we received about the two Indian American victims are that they worked for Garmin, while there is two articles about the white guy who tried to stop the shooter, and in one of them, he's the only one who talks about the surviving victim and his family. Meanwhile, KMBC doing a ridiculous tap-dance around what the shooter said, saying the shooter "made some sort of comment in connection with the Olathe bar shooting" and he"was mistreating others in the bar". Good job there, KMBC. :facepalm:

EDIT: Okay, I take part of that back. If you scroll down to the bottom, there is one interview with one of the victim's wife.

Last edited:
Well, it's the Midwest, you can't be admitting that murderous white dudes are, you know, dangerous or anything. Besides, it was just brown people, so under Kansas law, he only committed 4/5ths of a murder.

Perhaps some wit could start a "Shitty happenings in the USA that don't involve that imbecile President, police brutality, or the attempted murder of lots of people all at once (and various other incidents)" thread.

But maybe with a less wordy title.

Perhaps some wit could start a "Shitty happenings in the USA that don't involve that imbecile President, police brutality, or the attempted murder of lots of people all at once (and various other incidents)" thread.

But maybe with a less wordy title.
"Just another day in the good ol' US of A."

--Patrick