[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
Prey

Not based on the video game of the same name.

It's a Predator prequel.

Directed by Dan Trachtenberg (10 Cloverfield Lane).

Aren't these guys getting a little...old to be doing this? Not counting the TV show, but Tom Cruise had been doing these since 1996. I have a really, REALLY hard time believing he'd still be doing field work at this point.

Aren't these guys getting a little...old to be doing this? Not counting the TV show, but Tom Cruise had been doing these since 1996. I have a really, REALLY hard time believing he'd still be doing field work at this point.
I actually thought about a joke that the title is a reference to their age.

It does feel a bit like a last hurrah with them bringing back so many returning characters and adding clear references to earlier films.

Also, I used to think Michelle Monaghan wasn't all that pretty, but man she's really beautiful in this trailer.

EDIT: Hold up, that's not Michelle Monaghan, that's Haley Atwell. Ignore me.

So, once again a TV show and NOT a movie, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't a movie

I mean, that looks terrible, right? It's not just me? The comment section seems to be beside themselves with joy over this and I just don't see the appeal. I feel like this should be a family comedy movie. It'd be fine there for just some low-level, noncontroversial slapstick laughs.

So, once again a TV show and NOT a movie, but I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't a movie

I mean, that looks terrible, right? It's not just me? The comment section seems to be beside themselves with joy over this and I just don't see the appeal. I feel like this should be a family comedy movie. It'd be fine there for just some low-level, noncontroversial slapstick laughs.
I saw the trailer earlier. And my first thought was "how in the hell are they going to stretch this concept over multiple episodes?"

I know he's said he is basically done with Bean but this feels pretty close to Bean in all but name no? Ignoring that he's speaking in more than just a few words as well.

And yeah, had it been a 1 and a half hour movie, sure I could see it, but this is like stretching "The Fly" from Breaking Bad into an entire series.

Edit: apparently the episodes are only 10 minutes so I'm guessing it's only gonna end up being film length anyway when all is said and done.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely confused WHY this is happening now? I didn't think B&B still had much of a following.
Its the same streaming service that gave Butch Hartman another shot despite the internet rolling their eyes so hard the Earth's rotation reversed, clearly logic ain't their strongsuit.

Everyone is reaching into their catalogs and trying cash in on nostalgic IPs. With Disney buying up Fox and Marvel, everyone else is forced to examine what they have and see if they can squeeze something out of it. You know, "innovation".

I'm still holding bets on the Animorphs reboot, there was a graphic novel 2 years ago, that could still be a valid IP to make a TERRIBLE cartoon from!