[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I mean, 1 was a fun popcorn flick. I didn't bother with any of the sequels.
I remember seeing it in theaters. I actually did a back-to-back showing: Scott Pilgrim vs the World, followed right up with Expendables 1.

I LOVED Scott Pilgrim from beginning to end and it's one of my favourite comic book adaptations.

I fell asleep halfway through Expendables 1. I thought it was dull as fuck.

I'm pretty sure the Expendables movies are just an excuse to bring nineties and naughties action stars together to do some action. Possibly while making jokes about how they're old. The storyline is just an excuse for the action.

Though I've never seen an Expendables movie so I don't know for sure.

Also damn Megan Fox has still got it. Plastic as hell, terrible actress, but when she wants to smolder, she smolders.

I'm pretty sure the Expendables movies are just an excuse to bring nineties and naughties action stars together to do some action. Possibly while making jokes about how they're old. The storyline is just an excuse for the action.

Though I've never seen an Expendables movie so I don't know for sure.

Also damn Megan Fox has still got it. Plastic as hell, terrible actress, but when she wants to smolder, she smolders.
I'll defend Megan Fox's acting ability to my death bed. Her bad acting was mostly the result of bad writing in bad movies, and from a young age she was exploited by the likes of Michael Bay, but if you watch her in a movie she actually cares about, like Jennifer's Body, she's great

I'll defend Megan Fox's acting ability to my death bed. Her bad acting was mostly the result of bad writing in bad movies, and from a young age she was exploited by the likes of Michael Bay, but if you watch her in a movie she actually cares about, like Jennifer's Body, she's great
Also see her stint on the great sitcom New Girl for more proof she can be a good actor.

Sony could have easily capitalized on the Spider-Verse craze instead of pushing to make this. They could have done some straight-to-video stuff like a one-off animated movie for Spider-Man Noir or a short Spider-Ham series. And they would have cost a fraction of what this cost.

Sony could have easily capitalized on the Spider-Verse craze instead of pushing to make this. They could have done some straight-to-video stuff like a one-off animated movie for Spider-Man Noir or a short Spider-Ham series. And they would have cost a fraction of what this cost.
I'm pretty sure the animation department and the live action department are entirely separate with their own leaders. One of the reasons Into the Spider-Verse was such a success is because Sony as a whole doesn't really care about animation and so allowed Lord and Miller to just, do whatever. Whereas the live action sector is driven entirely by marketing guys and empty suits.

This looks more like a gritty reboot of Animal Man and less like a story about Kraven the Hunter, although a scene with him gobbling down an entire roomful of spiders does not appear to be entirely off the table.

—Patrick

I find this Kraven hot, and those are words I never, ever thought I'd say about the character. But isn't this a little overly-graphically violent compared to the rest of the Sony Spidey-verse? It just seems a little much.

(Also, I haven't seen Morbin'Time Morbius, so I don't know if they've gone quite this dark before.)

isn't this a little overly-graphically violent compared to the rest of the Sony Spidey-verse?
Kraven...kiiiiinda went off the deep end in the comics, so the violence isn't out of character for the character. Maybe for Sony, though. But this IS the studio behind Fixed.

"...last night out with his besties." ha ha oh man yer killin' me, Sony!

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I was going to pass and then they got to the oompah loompas. Now I’m going to HARD pass.

And I’m about Timothy Chalamet’d out. The dude just bugs me.