[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Guys, Goldar looks really dumb.

And he was a gold armored cat monster with wings before.

With all the Michael Bayification of their outfits and that HIDEOUS Alpha the best they could do for Goldar was a molten gold monster? Boo.

Guys, Goldar looks really dumb.

And he was a gold armored cat monster with wings before.

With all the Michael Bayification of their outfits and that HIDEOUS Alpha the best they could do for Goldar was a molten gold monster? Boo.
YEAH-that's my main gripe as well. I'm pretty much okay with literally every change except that monstrosity.

I was JUST coming to post the Colossal trailer. It looks like it might be fun.

Power Rangers, on the other hand, gives me serious Fan4stic vibes. Which is the last thing this movie should give me.

Deadpool is the only thing in the X-universe worth watching, but even that is lacking something. I was sick of this wolverine after X2. No thanks.

Colossal looks fun though.

Deadpool is the only thing in the X-universe worth watching, but even that is lacking something. I was sick of this wolverine after X2. No thanks.

Colossal looks fun though.
X3 wasn't great, and Origins was trash (except for Sabretooth), but otherwise the X-series hasn't really been bad, imo. Only one I can't judge is Apocalypse as I haven't seen it.

X3 wasn't great, and Origins was trash (except for Sabretooth), but otherwise the X-series hasn't really been bad, imo. Only one I can't judge is Apocalypse as I haven't seen it.
It's very, very mediocre.

The only saving grace is it would be nice to just let the series go from there with the younger group.

I thought first class and days of future past were both very good.
First Class was the best of the bunch for me. Deadpool comes second, but I had issues with it. Days of Future Past might be third, but I'm not sure. I enjoyed it, own it, and enjoy re-watching it, but it's not without a lot of problems. Though that's mostly due to time travel bullshit, which is common in most time travel stories. And Kitty Pryde's sudden new power.

If I were to rank the X-Men films, it'd go something like this:

1) First Class
2) Deadpool
3) X2
4) Days of Future Past
5) X1
6) The Wolverine
7) Apocalypse
8) Wolverine Origins
9) X3

Judging from the trailer alone, Logan might rate wind up around 4 or 5. But then again, I recall X3 had pretty great trailers, too.

First Class was the best of the bunch for me. Deadpool comes second, but I had issues with it. Days of Future Past might be third, but I'm not sure. I enjoyed it, own it, and enjoy re-watching it, but it's not without a lot of problems. Though that's mostly due to time travel bullshit, which is common in most time travel stories. And Kitty Pryde's sudden new power.

1) First Class
2) Deadpool
3) X2
4) Days of Future Past
5) X1
6) The Wolverine
7) Apocalypse
8) Wolverine Origins
9) X3

Judging from the trailer alone, Logan might rate wind up around 4 or 5. But then again, I recall X3 had pretty great trailers, too.
X3 below origins? Ouch.

They're interchangeable. Actually, no, Origins goes last. X3 had the saving grace of Kelsey Grammer.

X2 and DoFP are probably interchangeable, too. It's been a LONG time since I've watched 1 and 2, so I don't know how well they hold up.
I think that's a pretty fair list, then. I thought I was going to have to remind you about the adamantium bullet.

1) First Class
2) Deadpool
3) X2
4) Days of Future Past
5) X1
6) The Wolverine
7) Apocalypse
8) Wolverine Origins
9) X3

I echo some of the other comments about Origins vs X3 (but both are bad, so not arguing there), but you really think Apocalypse was below The Wolverine? And X1? That's quite harsh. I thought X1 was really really forced in a number of scenes that made it not that great. Not bad, and it was fine, but Apocalypse was better IMO, though both had flaws, and both shouldn't be above your first 4.

But that's my opinion on it. I think we agree on the broad strokes except for that one.

GasBandit

Staff member
The main problem with Apocalypse is that Apocalypse (the character) was portrayed more or less faithfully as to what he has been depicted prior to the movie: A Deus Ex 5-year-old author's "Oh yeah, well, MY guy can do THIS" super everything man.

Apart from that, I don't regret watching it, as I did with X3 and Origins:Wolverine.

So, I guess I more or less agree with Nick's list, except...

1) First Class
2) Deadpool
3) X2
4) Days of Future Past
5) X1
6) The Wolverine
7) Apocalypse
. (Awkward dinner party where you don't know anybody)
.(Dental Surgery)
8) Wolverine Origins
9) X3
. (125 minutes of watching poop steam gently on a platter via the Ludovico method)

I echo some of the other comments about Origins vs X3 (but both are bad, so not arguing there), but you really think Apocalypse was below The Wolverine? And X1? That's quite harsh. I thought X1 was really really forced in a number of scenes that made it not that great. Not bad, and it was fine, but Apocalypse was better IMO, though both had flaws, and both shouldn't be above your first 4.

But that's my opinion on it. I think we agree on the broad strokes except for that one.
Yeah, I certainly won't argue hard for the placement of some of them. Like I said, I haven't seen 1 or 2 in a long time, so my opinion on them may have changed. I liked Apocalypse well enough, but it does have a lot of flaws. The more I think about it, the less I like it. It feels like a lot of flash, but no substance (ironically enough, like the 90s comics it aped). Really cool stuff, but not a lot of point to it, you know? The Wolverine at least had a decent, personal story. It was "okay." Really, I wouldn't call anything below the top 4 "good." They're okay from there and quickly diminishes from there.[DOUBLEPOST=1484932017,1484931954][/DOUBLEPOST]
8) Wolverine Origins
9) X3
. (125 minutes of watching poop steam gently on a platter via the Ludovico method)
Come on man, Kelsey Grammer as Beast! You can't get any better casting than that, even if the rest of the movie is complete and total shit.

Pretty sure that was a holdover from an earlier script that had another mutant in that role. Psylocke maybe? No that that excuses the whole "Hey! New powers outta nowhere!" of Kitty in that movie.
It feels like they wanted to keep Kitty Pryde involved because she was the one to go back in time in the comics, but they did so by just slapping her with a new power.