[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

I thought Prometheus was pretty good. There were issues with some dumb decisions by the characters, but I was able to ignore them.

I may be more inclined to be forgiving towards the film, though, because I saw it with a really hot girl.

Is that the title being used for Neill Blomkamp's Alien movie?

It's the one I have the most hope for.
According to Wikipedia, Blomkamp's Alien movie has been shelved indefinitely at Ridley Scott's request. Alien: Covenant is all you're getting for a while.

According to Wikipedia, Blomkamp's Alien movie has been shelved indefinitely at Ridley Scott's request. Alien: Covenant is all you're getting for a while.
The shelving decision was in 2015, but Sigourney Weaver was talking about it this summer. I think it's still a thing that will happen, but Fox wants to see if an Alien movie can still make money.

I'm assuming that's a sequel to CZ12, a.k.a. Chinese Zodiac, a.k.a. Armor of God III, only set in India with Bollywood stylings this time.

The style and aesthetic is reminiscent of The Myth, another one of Stanley Tong's films, though set in India rather than China.

Heh, i love the map in the beginning:

But the HD makes the cars look way too plastic compared to the original (which where probably the same, but it was harder to notice).

Dave

Staff member
That looks awful...ly fun. Special effects are shit. Acting is probably terrible. Plot is non-existent.

I'll watch it.

Guardians, which basically looks like Russian Avengers. And it looks fucking badass. I doubt there's any way it'll release in North America, sadly.

There's a frigging man-bear dude with a gatlin gun!

GasBandit

Staff member
Monitoring torrenting sites for the presence of movies is legal in the U.S... Perhaps you mistook 'see' for 'watch'?
And even saying you will torrent something isn't evidence you actually will or did. So many people facetiously claim they will do illegal things every second of the day, it's all just noise so far as a court is concerned, unless it is paired with actual evidence of a crime - then it just goes to prove premeditation.

Guardians, which basically looks like Russian Avengers. And it looks fucking badass. I doubt there's any way it'll release in North America, sadly.

There's a frigging man-bear dude with a gatlin gun!
Wait wait wait, hold up...Russia has a TWELVE PLUS rating? That is WAY more accurate for most super-hero films than PG-13! Or hell, 10 Plus.

Monitoring torrenting sites for the presence of movies is legal in the U.S... Perhaps you mistook 'see' for 'watch'?
I was more into the "i'll let you know" really.

And even saying you will torrent something isn't evidence you actually will or did. So many people facetiously claim they will do illegal things every second of the day, it's all just noise so far as a court is concerned, unless it is paired with actual evidence of a crime - then it just goes to prove premeditation.
I too remember aquaman phelps and his unknown smoke emitting bong...

But i was making fun of his stance on the other thing, which also would fall under "just talk" imo.

Dave

Staff member
Oh Dave... not talking about a report on the president-elect, but admitting to what is a very steeply fined act in your country of residence.
You really don't see the difference between saying something I will do as opposed to talking about some unsubstantiated rumors about a completely different person?

Downloading copyrighted material isn't illegal.

Distributing it is.

Torrenting involves redistribution.

But Dave monitoring a website and letting others know information on that site doesn't come anywhere close to breaking the law. He may lead others to break the law, but he himself won't have done so.

Or have you bought into the studios propaganda about what constitutes copyright infringement?

Dave

Staff member
Don't get me wrong - I'll probably download it. But that only damages MY REPUTATION. The difference is, I will not damage OTHERS without proof. Or at least, I try my very best not to.

Funny you should menti0n that ad:
http://www.dailytech.com/AntiPiracy+Ad+Creators+Fined+For+Stealing+Musicians+Work/article25205.htm

OH THE IRONY.[DOUBLEPOST=1484183455,1484183380][/DOUBLEPOST]
So many people facetiously claim they will do illegal things every second of the day, it's all just noise so far as a court is concerned, unless it is paired with actual evidence of a crime - then it just goes to prove premeditation.
So wait, I don't ACTUALLY have dozens of murder victims at the bottom of Halifax Harbour?

Downloading copyrighted material isn't illegal.
Yes it is (well, its a civil case at least). Unless you're somewhere where they didn't implement all those new laws they came up since the 90's. They just don't go after it when they can go after someone whos distributing and can claim actual damages.

I mean it's in the name "copy" right, as in the right to make a copy. Making one for yourself when you don't have the "copy" right is still breaking it. Sure, there's an exception if you own the software, because it counts as a back-up, and no one is gonna bother going after you if you hand copy a book you own (i think at most they can force you to destroy it). But that's different from obtaining an unlicensed copy.

But anyway, with torrent that doesn't matter, as you're sharing it as you download.

Don't get me wrong - I'll probably download it. But that only damages MY REPUTATION. The difference is, I will not damage OTHERS without proof. Or at least, I try my very best not to.
Ah, so it's a "principle" thing.

Sorry, i misunderstood the why i guess. (and missed a pun Frank made on your post)

Although, in my defense, you're not really damaging someone's reputation by talking about what is all over the news.

The Belko Experiment

You know, this looks like it could be fun. Silly concept, but there's enough there for an entertaining popcorn flick. I'll wait for it to go on Netflix, but I'll still check it out.