The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

I'll say this about Tony Khan, he should pay his God damn taxes, but I'd rather see a billionaire making wrestling watchable again and enjoyable for the wrestlers too than running massive slave factories to pay for his dick rockets.

That's, uh, a large group of people in one place; many of which aren't wearing masks from what I can see. Covid cases are rising in Chicago so that's a little disconcerting.

Aside from that, if I considered myself a wrestling fan anymore, I'd probably be more excited for this. But I find I don't have the interest or patience to sit through any full wrestling program anymore.

Man, this shot from this week's Dynamite rules. The Woman of a Thousand Hold's vicious heel turn cemented in Bret Hart pink/black/white. I have no idea how many more matches she and Hikaru Shida could have before I wouldn't want to watch them but they sure as shit aren't there yet.

1635711639908.png

That was my first WWE show since the first Crown Jewel.

This Royal Rumble is the worst Royal Rumble I've ever watched. It's like they went out of their way to kill the crowd at every opportunity. WHO IS THIS FOR?

That was my last WWE show ever.

It's a battle between Sailor Moon Sasha Banks and the Wrestlemania sign catching on fire for the top spots of the entire show. One was very nice, the other very evil.

That was my first WWE show since the first Crown Jewel.

This Royal Rumble is the worst Royal Rumble I've ever watched. It's like they went out of their way to kill the crowd at every opportunity. WHO IS THIS FOR?

That was my last WWE show ever.
Yeah, I was watching it with some friends... we mostly enjoyed the Women's Rumble but then R comes out and is not only the least interesting person in the room, she's the least talented. The Men's wasn't much better.

It fucking sucks when Johnny Knoxville (who likely worked the Rumble illegally since Missouri requires wrestlers to be licensed and to be licensed you have to have had a recent neurological test passed and I have brain damage and just had a fucking brain bleed Knoxville was not licensed) and Bad Bunny are the most exciting part of your event. Every title match was ruined by dumb ass shenanigans.

Cody's gone from AEW. Not gonna lie, I'm ok with that. He's been pretty intolerable since Covid began. He did some good stuff in the beginning but he just sucks balls as a John Cena figure no matter how much he wants to be that.

Cody's gone from AEW. Not gonna lie, I'm ok with that. He's been pretty intolerable since Covid began. He did some good stuff in the beginning but he just sucks balls as a John Cena figure no matter how much he wants to be that.
A lot of the talk suggests that this is because of his political ambitions and nothing else.

Zappit

Staff member
Scott Hall is on life support after suffering three heart attacks after hip replacement surgery. It’s not going to end well.
34E48CEE-A89D-4D8F-A605-9884C2A1E6B3.jpeg

He was Big Scott Hall in the AWA in the 80s. Then early 90s was the Diamond Stud in WCW. Then Razor Ramon in WWF until 96, then back to Scott Halll in WCW. An important figure to be sure, who had a lot of demons in his life, who worked through them to have a brief window of peace.

Last edited:
I unironically love his shtick and have had his dumb Tequila knockoff theme music as my ringtone for months. His AEW theme is great but it doesn't have any hint of Tequila in it.

I think he has WAY more staying power than say, like Fuego Del Sol. Fuego seems like a lovely guy but he's only an underdog story.

By the way, that segment was brilliant. All three guys look better coming out of it. Hell four if you count Mark Sterling. I couldn't have given a shit about Tony Nese in AEW so far.