The Undisputed Unified Wrestling Thread

Bobby Fish asking Kyle O'Reily and Adam Cole to leave AEW with and them telling him no, then HHH telling him no, then showing up on Impact is the funniest shit. What a dork.

I'm a crazy person who still watches Dark and Elevation every week. I've decided to start from scratch as a way to fill in the time tonight while I'm insomnia-ing out. So here's me, recapping AEW Dark, from Oct 2019.

First of all it starts with Tony Schiavonie in a green screen control room. I'd forgotten they tried this presentation early on. He introduces the first wrestlers, long time AEW stalwart Darby Allin and Cima, a Chinese wrestler who was only around very early on in AEW.

Match 1; Darby v Cima. Full entrances, cool. Lots of good chain wrestling, they're both very quick. Darby not rocking all his skeleton tattoos yet. Darby's dives are second to none. He's also going to be crippled at 40. This one is very quick and back and forth but ends with a quick array of moves and of course the coffin drop. Victory for Darby,

Darby.png

Holy shit, match 2 is an 8-man tag match between Best Friends and Private Party vs TH2 and The Lucha Brothers. Dark was fucking wild in the old days. Now it's some guy from the Jersey shore beating up dork who looks like he weighs 140 pounds. This one should be pretty fast anyways,

Match 2: Best Friends/Private Party vs TH2/The Lucha Brothers: Full entrances again. This one is a bit of clusterfuck as these are but lots of big spots. Every one in the match is good.

1670578552928.png

1670578653136.png

1670578698553.png

Lucha Brothers win it here.

Boy, shit, if only Dark was still crazy spot big matches like this. This is was awesome. The first episode of Dark is fucking awesome.

Back to Tony talking about Riho winning the women's title and others in the women's division.

Match 3: Dr. Britt Baker and Allie vs Penelope Ford and Bea Priestly

Weird seeing Allie and Penelope in a match vs each other as they're usually depicted thick as thieves.

1670578950531.png

Wow, the crowd does not care about this one bit. Like completely dead. You can hear people cough. Jr being a creepy old man on commentary, of course.

1670579290681.png

This is pretty good so far. Actually this Dark is better than most Rampages.

1670579395212.png

Penelope gets got by the good Doctor who locks in the lockjaw. JR finishing this off with some more creepy and patronizing nonsense.

1670579542720.png

Back to Tony in the studio and he runs down some happenings on Dynamite.

1670579621902.png

Up next, oh shit, Jurassic Express vs So Cal Uncensored, like this is a legit Dynamite's worth of matches. Holy fuck, if Dark kept the quality up this long it wouldn't be such a joke now.

1670579728328.png

I miss Marko in AEW.

1670579809952.png

But what I'm really here for is a Luchasaurus big boot.

1670579947836.png

1670579983488.png

Go Jack Perry Go

1670580047438.png

This was fun and quick.

1670580116131.png

And back to Tony taking us out. Fuck me. The first Dark kicked ass. WHAT HAPPENED?

Adding a bit more. It's crazy to see how far Britt Baker has come from this Dark. She was much slower and trepidatious with her moves and carried herself a lot less confidently than she does now.

I was 100% hoping for him to be there for the cage match or something, especially since he was apparently there visiting people.

This time it's just a lonely Friday night where I have little else to do but watch old episodes of Dark before Rampage (a banger of Rampage apparently) comes on.

Well, we open with Tony and the Bucks. I think the Bucks appeared on Dark like 3-4 times total. I'm already wondering if they've already abandoned the green screen studio look from the first episode.

1670635023938.png

Shit, Kenny shows up too and he's demanding to wrestle on Dark. Oh shit, it's vs Joey Janella. I remember his matches with Joey being fucking bangers in the young days of AEW.

Oh, we're back in the studio with Tony and up first we got Peter Avalon, Kip Sabian and Sonny Kiss in a triple threat match. Should be decent.

HA HA, fuck I forgot about his librarian gimmick where he shushes the crowd. The jobberest of jobber gimmicks.

1670635234148.png

He's shit talking the Boston crowd, doing all the "Your local sports teams suck." shtick. This is going on fooooooooooooorever. Leva apologizes. Next out is Kip, someone I've always enjoyed, without Penelope which would become exceedingly rare. Finally, Sonny Kiss, the Concrete Rose. This was before Sonny went by she so it's weird hearing everyone refer to her as him. Sonny of course impressing right out of the gates with some acrobatics, but Kip immediately joins in with some of his own.

1670635585305.png

1670635633860.png

And then Peter rushes back and is immediately tossed out so Sonny and Kip can keep chain wrestling. Heh.

Heh, Sonny kicking Peter in the head while in a Full Nelson was a cool spot.

1670635749552.png

Kip showcasing his own athleticism now with a springboard senton off the ropes to the outside on Peter Avalon.

1670635854517.png

Big threeway move that gets the crowd up.

1670636005881.png

Leva attempts to clock Sonny with a book from the outside but Sonny kicks out, Sabian then hits his finisher which is named after Harry Potter for some reason and he pins Peter 1-2-3.

1670636103844.png

Good match, easy to forget Dark was fire when it debuted.

Now we're getting another 4 v 4 tag match combining 4 teams.

First out is shirtless Evil Uno, Stu Grayson, TH2 and the fucking putties.

1670636229771.png

God I forgot that they were spooky perverts with gimps at the start.

Next out is SCU and Cima. SCU doing their THIS IS THE WORST TOWN I'VE EVER BEEN TO shtick.

1670636344483.png

I'm just gonna limit it to cool spots that pop me or this will end up 300 pics long.

Some basic stuff so far, and then Jack Evans just goes into like a full on acrobatics routine and does like 12 flips in a row before just gouging at Christopher Daniel's eyes.

1670661623780.png

Angelico just becomes jello and flops all over the place when tapped lightly by Frankie Kazarian's leg and I laugh out loud.

1670661765661.png

Kazarian hurracanranas Stu into Uno who obliges with a perfect spear. I love contrived spots like this.

1670661865044.png

Oh lord, this looked harsh. Scorpio looking like he connected really solidly with Stu's knee.

1670661926324.png

What follows is just a flurry of finishers and Cima's first and probably last interaction with the match, ha ha ha. Usual stuff in crowded matches like this until Scorpio gets nailed with the assisted broteam dick kick and gets pinned.

1670662059365.png

TH2/Dark Order getting a win over AEW's first tag team champions was a big surprise honestly.

Now an ad for Full Gear and a very weird interview segment where Cody Rhodes is asking ref Aubrey Edwards if there was a moment where she felt she went from undesirable to undeniable. It begins with this graphic and I fucking lost it, it seemed SO mean at first.

1670662235677.png

Next up, a video package hyping up the tag team tournament showing Private Party upsetting the Young Bucks. Boy....it's really sad that's basically been the zenith of their careers in AEW so far. They're still fucking Matt Hardy minions....

Jeez, more video packages hyping up Dynamite and Full Gear. It's been like 10 minutes since the last wrestling match, c'mon.

Oh shyzor, it's time for the light's out match between Kenny Omega and Joey Janella. Jesus, there's like 30 minutes in the video run time. I've always liked Joey, he's such a goof. Battle Cry is a fuckin' banger entrance theme.

1670662712953.png

It doesn't take Joey long to fill the ring with the usual wrestling no rules violence instruments. Kenny keeps trying to wrestle, Joey has no interest, he just wants to plunder.

1670662826885.png

Oh shit, Omega goes for a BIG dive and kinda overshoots Joey over the top and lands really badly on the back of his head and on the guard rail. Looks painful.

1670662943532.png

They wrestle about and do some usual hardcore stuff. Not as much as you'd expect with a ring full of chairs and ladders. Kenny snap dragon suplexes Joey on the ring apron in what looks pretty brutal. Crowd begins the 12th holy shit of the match. Kenny teases One Winged Angeling Joey onto the steel steps but Joey wriggles out and reverses it into an absolutely brutal looking suplex off the stairs onto the floor.

1670663291990.png

They land with a pretty sickening splat.

Some more back and forths before they finally square off in the middle of the ring and trade blows for a while before Joey reverses the v-trigger into a huge lariat and brain buster. They continue their hardcore match with some more sick spots until Kenny is dumped onto a table outside.

1670663551929.png

Joey continues his relentless assault on Kenny for a good while before going upstairs and getting reversed by Kenny into this setup. This looks like it sucked.

1670663622696.png

Kenny then picks up a wobbly Janella and OWAs him neck first onto the seat of another chair.

1670663687462.png

A completely unshocking 1-2-3.

Fuck me. Dark Episode 2 ends with an absolute banger.

Back to Tony and he sees us out. This show was also really good. Only 3 matches, but the Kenny/Joey is a real iron man hardcore match. Good stuff.

I wasn't going to watch Ring of Honor today but the Briscoes vs FTR 3 match sold me on it. Show was pretty good overall and it was nice to watch some Saturday afternoon wrasslin'. There was some real awkward shit when it looked like the ending to Ingobernables vs AR Fox/Blake Christian was botched and that was weird but otherwise a good show.

This spot made my back hurt just watching it.

Last edited:
AAAAAND Vince is back.

And Steph is out.

Sounds like rumblings that Papa H is gone too and possibly selling of the whole company to the Saudis.

I'm still not seeing any major news outlets, especially business outlets like Bloomberg or Business Insider, picking up the story. I don't know how credible the news is just yet.

The "news" was everywhere but never official or confirmed, so I think it's pretty obviously one of those "leaks" to test reactions. And they certainly got their answer. r/SquaredCircle is now saying that they're meeting with Disney/ESPN, and CNBC and even the Khans are in the list of potential buyers. At least the Saudi worst case scenario is apparently less likely now.

I honestly don't know if I would've been comfortable watching if the Saudi Royal Family was supervising the booking.

The tribute match WBD FINALLY let happen had me in tears.

1674781892969.png

Pretty funny that it was Mark who had keep his shit together for both he and Jay Lethal who I'm pretty sure bawled his entire way through the match. I couldn't imagine working the week after my brother's tragic death like that in front of (a million, did a ratings bump too) so many people.

Hello my thread, where today I yell into the void about watching Lucha Underground. I remember loving the wrestling, loving the incredible cheesy telenovella backstage stuff, but holy fuck I forgot how grating Vampiro and Matt Striker are on commentary. There is not an attractive lady in the crowd or wrestling that they don't want to fuck and they won't stop letting us know. Constantly and as sleazily as possible and it's dreadful. Matt Striker has also adopted a fake growl in his voice and it's so fake and grating. Also, fuck off with the fake Latino accent Vampiro, you grew up in Kingston, Ontario and didn't leave Canada until you were an adult.

I love everything about this except the commentary which is killing me.

WWE is pursuing the idea of legalizing betting on WWE matches.....

It has a tiny sliver of sanity in that if successful, would make it a crime to release the results ahead of the event, thus killing the IWC spoiling things.

I guess?

Expected that it would have made the main page, but I guess non of you are old like me, Superstar Billy Graham has passed away.

FUK YOU MUTHERFUKERS! I FUK YOU IN DA ASS BREAK YOUR BACK MAKE YOU HUMBLE YOU JABRONI!! HUL HOGAN WAS BACKSTABBING LIAR AND JABRONI!

RIP Iron Shiek.