Former President Trump Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
Is he doing this on purpose? Is he doing this on purpose because of some insane reasoning? Is he just that stupid? It is impossible to know....

Is he doing this on purpose? Is he doing this on purpose because of some insane reasoning? Is he just that stupid? It is impossible to know....

“of course I’m in the military, I’m the *commander* in chief. Commander, that’s the highest rank, even bigger than the generals. Not many people know that.”

I mean, he also showed up late to Arlington, even though the time is significant, so what do you expect?

I am less worried about the military, and more worried about ICE, DEA, US Marshalls, local police, and every other law enforcement agency that sees Trump as either a) a fearless and powerful messiah, or b) their ticket to stopping all the justified criticism for how they treat their communities (especially minority communities). They have a serious problem with white supremacy, authoritarianism, and/or fascism in their ranks.

The son of a friend of mine is a game warden, and he voted for Trump because he says "it was a vote for the police community." They feel attacked and they think Trump is the only one to save them... and too many of them will do horrible things in the name of protecting "the police community."
We're talking about a bunch of guys that can't subdue one autistic guy with a toy train in his hand without shooting his black therapist.

One "yeah. that's treason" army tank later there is no more coup.

Well this isn't worrying at al. Nope. Not at all.

The thing that most gets to me about the "no, he's just a big babyman/hiding his crimes" crowd is that it's been made very, very clear that if someone with no morals but one iota of competence could easily stage a coup, and half the country would cheer them on.

The thing that most gets to me about the "no, he's just a big babyman/hiding his crimes" crowd is that it's been made very, very clear that if someone with no morals but one iota of competence could easily stage a coup, and half the country would cheer them on.
The only thing that has kept me from becoming an alcoholic the last four years is the fact that Trump and his gang are so utterly, completely incompetent. If Trump had even one non-idiotic braincell we'd be in so much deeper shit.

Resigning in protest doesn't work any more, because all it does is allow more lickspittles to be appointed in your place. Sure, refusing to go along with the bullshit will still get you fired, but pushing back will hopefully cause enough of a delay to mitigate the damage.

Or at lease I hope it could. :(

Does the United States Constitution say something about a president declaring himself a dictator with the support of the Senate and half the people supporting him? I have lived through three coups and in my experience, the government and the people can shout all they want because in the end who decides who has the power is the military.

Does the United States Constitution say something about a president declaring himself a dictator with the support of the Senate and half the people supporting him? I have lived through three coups and in my experience, the government and the people can shout all they want because in the end who decides who has the power is the military.
If the Trump presidency has taught us anything, it's that most of our government runs on what is basically a gentleman's agreement not to abuse power, and that this is clearly not working.

Power corrupts, absolute power attracts the absolutely corruptable.
As old as civilization, pretty much.
It's why most modern democracies have the separation of powers.
It's also why in most such modern democracies, you can see two of the three powers cozying up together. Usually legislative and executive, though there are cases where the judicial gets to play too.

It's not easy to solve. All kinds of different setups of one chamber, two chambers, elected judges, appointed judges, professional judges, figurehead heads of state, powerful presidency, etc have been tried. As far as I can tell, we're all facing variations of the same issues. Power gets centralized in a few key figures, often without oversight or means of stopping it.
In Belgium this is mostly the party leaders (when we didn't have a government, an official team of party leaders decided on all measures... Except party leader is an internal, non-recognized position. If anyone, that should've been the fraction leaders for each party in parliament or something). In the US it is obviously the president, along with the Senate speaker, AG and a few others.

Perhaps the most delicious thing right now is that cheeto is realizing at mach speed that it was the office they respected.

I don't know, i feel like the gross incompetence is one of the main reasons his base likes him so much...

Someone competent would likely nit get away with as much in the eyes of the type of people that support the orange buffoon the most.

figmentPez

Staff member
Trump is claiming that Dominion voting machines were deleting Trump votes and switching votes to Biden. He claims 2.7 million votes were deleted across the nation.

Evidence? None.

Putin: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The RNC does not respond.)

Putin: 'Ello, Miss?

RNC: What do you mean "miss"?

Putin: (pause) I'm sorry, I have covid. I wish to make a complaint!

RNC: We're closin' for lunch.

Putin: Nyet. I wish to complain about this president what I purchased not 4 years ago from this very boutique.

RNC: Oh yes, the, uh, the American Orange...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

Putin: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

RNC: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Putin: Look, matey, I know a dead president when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

RNC: No no he's not dead, he's, he's restin'! Remarkable politician, the American Orange, idn'it, ay? Beautiful magahats!

Putin: The magahats don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

RNC: Nononono, no, no! 'E's resting!

Putin: All right then, if he's restin', I'll wake him up! (shouting at the cage) 'Ello, Mister Donnie President! I've got a lovely fresh McFish for you if you show...

(RNC hits the cage)

RNC: There, he moved!

Putin: No, he didn't, that was you hitting the cage!

RNC: I never!!

Putin: Yes, you did!

RNC: I never, never did anything...

Putin: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO Donnie!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes president out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

Putin: Now that's what I call a dead president.

RNC: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

Putin: STUNNED?!?

RNC: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! American Oranges stun easily, major.

Putin: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That president is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not four years ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

RNC: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for Ivanka.

Putin: PININ' for IVANKA?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

RNC: The American Orange prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable politician, id'nit, squire? Lovely magahats!

Putin: Look, I took the liberty of examining that president when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its perch in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

RNC: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that boy down, it would have nuzzled up to those bars, bent 'em apart with its beak, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

Putin: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this politican wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! 'E's bleedin' demised!

RNC: No no! 'E's pining!

Putin: 'E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This president is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PRESIDENT!!

(pause)

RNC: Well, I'd better replace it, then. (he takes a quick peek behind the counter) Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of presidents.

Putin: I see. I see, I get the picture.

RNC: (pause) I got a senator.

(pause)

Putin: Pray, does it talk?

RNC: Nnnnot really.

Putin: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Last edited:

Zappit

Staff member
I feel like I frigging called it a few days ago. Now Trump is planning a 2024 run. He knows he’s done. He knows his court challenges are as empty as his promises. The coup is a distraction.

He’s using this time to destroy evidence and fundraise off his rubes. Apparently, any donations under $7,000 to his “legal funds” goes directly to paying off his debts. His updates to supporters are nothing but calls to give him money. He’s got those loans coming due in short order, and he’s going to get as much money off of his marks as possible to pay them off.

Why else would Moscow Mitch, Leningrad Lindsey, and Ron Johnson all be supporting Trump’s insane, doomed fight right now? The answer is that they are compromised and need the evidence wiped out just as much as Trump.

I feel like I frigging called it a few days ago. Now Trump is planning a 2024 run. He knows he’s done. He knows his court challenges are as empty as his promises. The coup is a distraction.

He’s using this time to destroy evidence and fundraise off his rubes. Apparently, any donations under $7,000 to his “legal funds” goes directly to paying off his debts. His updates to supporters are nothing but calls to give him money. He’s got those loans coming due in short order, and he’s going to get as much money off of his marks as possible to pay them off.

Why else would Moscow Mitch, Leningrad Lindsey, and Ron Johnson all be supporting Trump’s insane, doomed fight right now? The answer is that they are compromised and need the evidence wiped out just as much as Trump.
I apologize if my questions are obvious to others, but I wonder:

1: how can it possibly be legal to use these funds to repay his debt? He would have to have some fancy fine print on there.
2: who would donate knowing that it’s being used for that? $7,000 is an interesting threshold. I would imagine that most of his current support would be below that.
3: what requirements must be passed for someone to be a candidate officially? For example, can he call himself a candidate for 2024 before winning the nomination?
4: are candidates afforded the same legal protection of a sitting president?

1) he does.

2) they're the same people dumb enough to support Donald trump

3) he started his 2020 campaign literally the day after his inauguration. It's not at all normal, but he did.

4) nope

But really he is running out of lawyers. None of the firms that are competent enough to argue this want to be associated with it. It will be a bunch of correspondent drop outs from the Lionel Hutz mail in school of law stuff.
Man I said this on Tuesday? Seems so long ago.

Pretty much every state has most of their votes counted (42 states are at 95% reporting) to where they've finished with provisional ballots and are at the "point of no return" (i.e., not enough votes remaining to be counted that could change the election). Those that haven't are far enough along that even a blind man who isn't a Trump family member could realized they're done.

Pretty much every state has most of their votes counted (42 states are at 95% reporting) to where they've finished with provisional ballots and are at the "point of no return" (i.e., not enough votes remaining to be counted that could change the election). Those that haven't are far enough along that even a blind man who isn't a Trump family member could realized they're done.
Even if literally every state had a recount and found literally 10x as much irregularities as any ever before, and they were all in Trump 's favor, he'd still fall short.
Short of really serious fraud - proving it, admitting it, doing it now, whatever - there's no possibility for a comeback.

And the lawyers running the show in Pennsylvania just quit.
Same with Arizona
For people who like links to news :)

Late Thursday night, Columbus-based firm Porter Wright Morris & Arthur notified a federal judge hearing a Trump-filed suit over the election tallies in Pennsylvania that the firm is seeking to pull out of the case.
Last week, another law firm representing the Trump campaign in similar litigation — Arizona-based Snell & Wilmer — moved to withdraw from an election-related lawsuit over results there. A judge granted the firm’s request on Tuesday.