The Super Dooper Canadian Thread (now with 47% more Canadian Bacon)

@Squidleybits has on her iPhone (These are phones that you can carry with you and work like a small computer for any Americans reading) a picture of the most Canadian thing since insulin, but will not share it.

@Squidleybits has on her iPhone (These are phones that you can carry with you and work like a small computer for any Americans reading) a picture of the most Canadian thing since insulin, but will not share it.
An RCMP officer in full red surg riding a moose through a Tim Hortons drive thru?

A Maple Leafs fan and a Montreal canadiens fan apologizing profusely to eachother passive aggressively after simultaneously reaching for the last Molson in a two four?

Rick Mercer and his partner eating Harveys poutine with the trailer Park Boys while Ellen Page and Ryan Gosling play a two on two game of shinny with Ryan Reynolds and Brent Butt in the background?

GasBandit

Staff member
It only now was explained to me that the new Premiere of Alberta is the sister of the (frothing hyperleftist) cartoonist who draws Bob the Angry Flower, which I've been reading since the dialup days.

Neat.

It only now was explained to me that the new Premiere of Alberta is the sister of the (frothing hyperleftist) cartoonist who draws Bob the Angry Flower, which I've been reading since the dialup days.

Neat.
She's a centrist if there ever was one. Also, she's super fucking level-headed. As long as they aren't sabotaged by corporate interests, the NDP here under her leadership should do quite well. Actually, the only worrying thing I have about the party itself is how many young superleft idealists in her party she'll have to reel in.

HALIGONIAN HALFORUMITES:
I will be landing in Halifax later today,and spending the next week there. I'm in town to visit a friend, but he is also still working 9-5 Mon-Fri. So, if you would like to hang out, eat some donairs and get a beer or two, this is totally feasible. I don't currently have any solid plans for while I'm in town. Friend and I are going to hash that out when I land this afternoon.

Last edited:
HALIGONIAN HALFORUMITES:
I will be landing in Halifax later today,and spending the next week there. I'm in town to visit a friend, but he is also atill working 9-5 Mon-Fri. So, if you would like to hang out, eat aome donairs andget. Beer or two, this is totally feasible. I don't currently have any solid plans for while I'm in town. Friend and I are going to hash that out when I landthis afternoon.
Excellent timing we are dismissing the offspring to the grandparents tomorrow for weeks.

Toronto continues to be a stain on Canada: U of Toronto OKs anti-vaccine homeopathy course

Notable excerpt:
The syllabus for the course has been posted online, and it reads a bit like a bad blog post. "Quantum physics is a branch of physics that understands the interrelationship between matter and energy," It states. "This science offers clear explanations as to why homeopathic remedies with seemingly no chemical trace of the original substance are able to resolve chronic diseases, why acupuncture can offer patients enough pain relief to undergo surgery without anesthesia, why meditation alone can, in some instances, reduce the size of cancerous tumors."
:facepalm:

Edit: I'm reminded of a quote by I can't remember who: "You know what they call homeopathic remedies that's been proven effective through science? Medicine!" If it still needs the other label, you have your answer.

I was getting into an internet argument once with one user who was anti-vax and pro homeopathy. I said "are there any homeopathic remedies that work?" Another user responded "vaccines. "

Excellent timing we are dismissing the offspring to the grandparents tomorrow for weeks.
My friend and I drank at Point Pleasant on Saturday, then spent Sunday wandering around from bar to bar before stumblig upon the end of the Jazz Festival. Today I spent the morning watching ships come in and out of the harbour and am now checking out the Maritime Museum (I needed to sit for a bit- my feet are killing me. So I'm poaching their wifi right now).
Tonight I am excited to say I will get to eat my first donair, and tomorrow I'm going to do the ultra tourist thing and take one of the boat tours.

I think we're doing the Keith's Brewery tour on Thursday night, assuming tours run during the evening.
but I am still free during the day most of my stay here.[DOUBLEPOST=1436808549,1436808510][/DOUBLEPOST]
Toronto continues to be a stain on Canada: U of Toronto OKs anti-vaccine homeopathy course

Notable excerpt:

:facepalm:

Edit: I'm reminded of a quote by I can't remember who: "You know what they call homeopathic remedies that's been proven effective through science? Medicine!" If it still needs the other label, you have your answer.
That course got nixed the following day.

My friend and I drank at Point Pleasant on Saturday, then spent Sunday wandering around from bar to bar before stumblig upon the end of the Jazz Festival. Today I spent the morning watching ships come in and out of the harbour and am now checking out the Maritime Museum (I needed to sit for a bit- my feet are killing me. So I'm poaching their wifi right now).
Tonight I am excited to say I will get to eat my first donair, and tomorrow I'm going to do the ultra tourist thing and take one of the boat tours.

I think we're doing the Keith's Brewery tour on Thursday night, assuming tours run during the evening.
but I am still free during the day most of my stay here.[DOUBLEPOST=1436808549,1436808510][/DOUBLEPOST]
That course got nixed the following day.

Well during the day we both work, but I am free ish in the evenings this week.

Injured horrifically on the way to film an episode of the show where he puts himself in serious danger every time.

Tonight we are going to a bonfire at my friend's coworker's place, tomorrow morning we are going to a beach party being put on by another one of my friend's coworkers. Water's going to be cold as hell but I'm gonna go for it. I went swimming off the coast of PEI this time of year once. I CAN DO THIS.

Then, whatever Pride event we can find. Sunday we are renting segways for shits and giggles, and then seeing how much of Pride we can catch before I need to get on my plane.