I inhaled the putrid stench of wet coffee grounds in an unsuitable trash can while drinking water from a cooler whose filter is probably right around it's "change me" date and trying to explain to my company's owner in the nicest way possible that he only messes shit up in whatever he gets involved in, and he should just leave me to do my job unperturbed.
I feel for ya GB. My last manager at my current job managed to take a streamlined, efficient process and in 10 minutes of "helping" me, caused me 2 hours of work undoing what she'd done and sorting everything back out again. Luckily, that was the last time she touched my job before being "let go," which is what they call it when tenured FTEs get the ax at Microsoft.

So we've got a temp at work to help cover until the end of the finals on Wednesday. She has managed somehow to increase my workload by at least half.

CIA uncovers new plot using an updated version of the "underwear bomb".

I see it now. "Tonight's top story, the TSA has banned the wearing of underwear on all flights. In a related story, Japanese men are booking flights to the US in record numbers."

I took my 12 year old German Shepherd to visit my mom/his granny in the nursing home. Then I realized that according to dog years, he's one of the oldest ones there.

Hey checkeredhat or any other SW Ontario posters: anyone available to grab a beer next Friday? Preferably somewhere between KW and Toronto, or just KW for my convenience?

Hey checkeredhat or any other SW Ontario posters: anyone available to grab a beer next Friday? Preferably somewhere between KW and Toronto, or just KW for my convenience?
Probably not next Friday, dude.For one thing I don't drive, so getting out to KW (Never been) and back might be difficult. But also my friend and I bought playoff tickets for the Toronto Rock, and the final game is either that Friday or that Sunday (Assuming they win this Saturday). Those tickets are $70 each so I can't just throw 'em aside.

Also the next weekend is my sister's baby shower.

Probably not next Friday, dude.For one thing I don't drive, so getting out to KW (Never been) and back might be difficult. But also my friend and I bought playoff tickets for the Toronto Rock, and the final game is either that Friday or that Sunday (Assuming they win this Saturday). Those tickets are $70 each so I can't just throw 'em aside.

Also the next weekend is my sister's baby shower.
Alright no worries. I just figured I'm free basically that night and Monday night and that's it but most of my week is empty.

Beat him initially with Elan, and then he guessed it right the second time he had a chance after a total of 33 questions.

Stumped it for 40 quesions with Dawn Summers (Buffy) which actually surprised me cuz he got Mad King Aerys like right away.

M

makare

yay finally got it with rygel from Farscape

aw well it go it when i went on... should have stopped while i was ahead haha

S

SeraRelm

I beat him with Bill (the Galactic Hero).
Took it 3 tries to get Leto Atreides II.

ElJuski

Staff member
Welp, just had a Three's Company moment when I walked out of my room and my roomate was in the kitchen in her underwear.

hachi machi

A student just came up to the desk here in the library. He said he'd already sold back his textbook at the bookstore, but that he still needed it to answer a question on his final. He asked if it was possible that we had it. I answered that it was indeed possible, and asked for the title of the book.

He didn't know.

GasBandit

Staff member
A student just came up to the desk here in the library. He said he'd already sold back his textbook at the bookstore, but that he still needed it to answer a question on his final. He asked if it was possible that we had it. I answered that it was indeed possible, and asked for the title of the book.

He didn't know.
Ask him if he's a fan of LOTR, because YOO SHALL NOT PAAAASSS!

That genie got Boba Fett in 21 questions...

and then Jango Fett in 16.

Then Leon S. Kennedy in 21.

Then Guy Fieri in 20.

Then Ting from Ong Bak in 19.

I have to admit, I'm kind of impressed.

ElJuski

Staff member
I WISH! She's always in her room, and I never get a chance to talk to her, let alone get into any misunderstandings