fade

Staff member
i very rarely use my iphone for social networking. I find it extremely useful as a portable database, on the other hand. Need to know about X? There's either an app or google for that.

S

SeraRelm

You can also do games, remote desktop, youtube, pretty much almost anything your pc does.

S

SeraRelm

It even does autocorrect, when you don't want it to, while posting on the forums.

I'm still probably just baby-ing it to much as of right now. I'll probably use it for more stuff as time goes by.

Also, took some of halforumites advice and got a tumblr. If you can find me (so sneaky...), you're welcome to follow/whatever if you would like. Watch out world.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, guys, GUYS! Follow me on this one. Just, ok, guys this is the best idea. Ok guys, just stay with me on this. Big bands, right? 1950s 1960s nightclub shit, right? Like Ricky Ricardo's band. We take one of those, ok? And oh my god guys this is going to be awesome. We take one of those bands and have them play something DIFFERENT. How different? Ok, so here's the kicker. 80s pop. BECAUSE WE NEED NEW VERSIONS OF SWEET DREAMS, MAN!

Who makes these playlists? Like someone said that the original song would be too offencive to play, so let's make it wholesome by making it a big band cover.

Someone post a table flip to properly convey my feelings.
So, basically, Richard Cheese meets Lawrence Welk?

Bit by bit I'm finding everything I got from my XM subscription I can get via iPhone, and without all the male enhancement and investment scam ads. Or daily phone calls asking if I got the bill that isn't due for another month.

I used to live and die by my Android phone. Now that thing is 100% purely phone calls/texts. My "outside the PC life" is now dominated by my Nook Tablet.

S

SeraRelm

I used to live and die by my Android phone. Now that thing is 100% purely phone calls/texts. My "outside the PC life" is now dominated by my Nook Tablet.

But yeah, I get everything a nook can do on my phone so getting another device to do any of that stuff just doesn't make sense to me.

Although...

I'm going slightly mad here. Can someone identify the song that starts playing around the 9 minute mark here? It's been in my head since I heard it Monday morning, and I just can't pin it down.

But yeah, I get everything a nook can do on my phone so getting another device to do any of that stuff just doesn't make sense to me.

Although...
Here's my point:
When do you use your phone other than texts or phone calls? When you're stationary-ish. I personally was just too annoyed with the smaller screens of the phone and wanted something I could read/view more clearly when stationary for a while and not at a PC. Sure they can both do the same, why not do it on a larger screen that's still portable enough to carry around?

S

SeraRelm

Here's my point:
When do you use your phone other than texts or phone calls? When you're stationary-ish. I personally was just too annoyed with the smaller screens of the phone and wanted something I could read/view more clearly when stationary for a while and not at a PC. Sure they can both do the same, why not do it on a larger screen that's still portable enough to carry around?
That's where I tend to run into a rough spot. I don't like carrying around too much stuff and carrying a huge bag or purse makes me feel like I'm going camping. If I had the money for a larger device like a tablet, that would still prove to be a roadblock for me.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'd like some kind of arm brace with a tablet mount...

... but one that doesn't make me look like a nimrod. That'll probably never happen. I guess I'll just have to wait until pipboys are fashionable.

Personally I carry a pretty thin bag. It fits the Nook, my card/id case, and a few makeup essentials. Total bag width/size is about that of a slightly over-sized book. My phone clips to the strap so that's always accesible.

fade

Staff member
See, that's why I like my iPhone. I hope Apple doesn't go bigger. One of my friends has a Samsung, and damn, that's like pulling a graphing calculator out of his pocket. No thanks.

S

SeraRelm

Personally I carry a pretty thin bag. It fits the Nook, my card/id case, and a few makeup essentials. Total bag width/size is about that of a slightly over-sized book. My phone clips to the strap so that's always accesible.
^ + my glasses(if I need them)/sunglasses and these two inhalers I need with me now. Sans Nook/tablet, I can do a bag that size, with it, I'm carrying around a mom purse. I just know it.

M

makare

for a graduation present i get either a kindle or a ps3.

I am not sure what kindle to get or if I want a kindle or a nook. What do you guys think?

Also can I use amazon books on a nook?