*shrug* conceptually, to me it's about as pretentious as sushi. It's basically just raw meat, raw egg, and bread.

Unless the menu describes it as "humanely killed, certified organic game meat with farm fresh quail egg yolk served at 5 °above room temperature, with stone ground whole wheat baguette toasted over an open flame in a hand-fired brick oven" or something similarly ridiculous, in which case I'd agree with you.
Here's an example from the menu.

'SPRING CREEK RANCH" STRIPLOIN 40
rosti on a bed of celery root puree with a drizzled grainy mustard sherry reduction sauce

Dumb foodie bullshit.

Here's an example from the menu.

'SPRING CREEK RANCH" STRIPLOIN 40
rosti on a bed of celery root puree with a drizzled grainy mustard sherry reduction sauce

Dumb foodie bullshit.

I had to look up what rosti is. Ain't gonna lie, that sounds pretty tasty.

Guys, I'm back. I galloped into a wooded glen, and after punch-dancing out my rage and suffering an extremely long and very painful fall, I realized that not everyone likes steak tartare.
Well now this is how I'm going to envision how you prepare all your meals.

I feel really affectionate today. And because of that, I should probably stay inside so I don't scare random people. Does that ever happen to anyone else?

For the record, Steak Tartare isn't pretentious or anything. It's one of the most basic and normal ways to eat steak. At least in Belgium.
And a good tartare is a) more than just steak, bread and egg; b) ground and seasoned at the table; c) delicious; d) accompanied by fries, not a frickin' toast.
A steak tartare presented like that would be sent back to the kitchen in a second by me. I do'nt eat raw and ground meat if I'm not 100% sure it's fresh and the meat I ordered. Presenting it like that means it could be pretty much any part of any animal, ground 5 days ago and kept in a fridge too warm to keep wine.

Also, internet at work rocks. Now to not abuse it by going to random sites and waste my time....Oh, crap. Here I am. :whistling:

M

makare

steak tartare is like tiger meat right? I don't associate it with pretentiousness I associate it with hunters who smell like axle grease.

ElJuski

Staff member
All I know is, I both want to warn and / or brofist your husband before he comes home from work. Also, I don't know why, but when people get excessively chipper and touchey, it's like the only time I become really insular.

But I also like cuddling... man...I don't even know anymore.

Poor guy, he could probably do with a warning.

I don't know why, but I just have days where I'm giddily touchy-feeling and want to love on everyone. And I'm having one of those days.

It's okay Juski, give in to the cuddles.

ElJuski

Staff member
ElJuski - I eat steak 1-2 a week. I don't know how you could go without it for more than that.
Because nobody cooks it for me :( :( :( :( :( and I'm too lazy to figure that shit out / do it myself. One of my greatest failings as a human being was never learning how to cook properly. Ask Bananahands.

ElJuski

Staff member
also I'm slowly phasing out meat from my diet, so I never eat beef or pork anymore. Just the birds and the fishes (and I know, if you look into it, poultry is so inhumanely factory produced)

Ohhh, that makes me so sad LittleSin! Burgers are one of my favorite foods ever (along with BBQ)...I'd probably curl up and cry if I couldn't eat them.

Wow, could not do it.

Steak at least 4x a month, pork 2-3x a month, I don't eat any type of fish (insert joke here) other seafoods/chicken round out the rest.

ElJuski

Staff member
These days I'd still probably eat a steak if I was at a restaraunt, or definitely something from the grill. But eventually...yeah. Going to be one of those hippie liberal fucks.

Ohhh, that makes me so sad LittleSin! Burgers are one of my favorite foods ever (along with BBQ)...I'd probably curl up and cry if I couldn't eat them.
I probably get a burger a month. Maybe an all beef hot dog. I actually don't eat pork that often either because its DAMN expensive. Chicken and fish are my go to meats.

No, it's not. Kati makes rosti and it's delicious.

--Patrick
So did my grandma, who's from Switzerland. They're basically Swiss hashbrowns (yeah, that's a little oversimplified, but basically true). Unless she's doing something wild and cer-razy with them.