I'm taking off next Monday-Wednesday, the last two weeks of the year, and I'll still have 3 days to figure out before the end of the year. Not to mention I'm rolling over 5 days to next year.

Covid ruined a lot of vacations.

Even after this I'll still have over 200 hours of paid vacation.
I have near 1000 hours combined Vacation and Sick time. Luckily our sick time does not go away. But there are limits to how much vacation time you can keep. But the excess rolls into sick time. Then if I work on a state holiday I get a free vacation day to burn at will. I mostly get by with burning those.

Of course 9 years ago I was down to a combined 60 hours after my cancer treatments. So I tried to build the time back up and kept my foot on the throttle.

Buzzfeed News is actually pretty legit though, isn't it? I seem to recall them putting out some solid reporting.
It can, but it's also interspersed with shopping articles, and "What Disney princess are you in emergency surgery" quizzes. It's sort of all over the place.

I randomly saw this house being discussed on Twitter because of its, um, interesting use of materials and excessive printed tiles, particularly in all its bathrooms. I was going to say we found @GasBandit's house's rich cousin.

Followed by, "Jesus, this house is a nightmare. I wonder where OH SHIT I LIVE RIGHT BY IT NOOOOOOOO"

So, in all its "glory", scroll through the photos:

So...much... clutter... *shudders*

I randomly saw this house being discussed on Twitter because of its, um, interesting use of materials and excessive printed tiles, particularly in all its bathrooms. I was going to say we found @GasBandit's house's rich cousin.

Followed by, "Jesus, this house is a nightmare. I wonder where OH SHIT I LIVE RIGHT BY IT NOOOOOOOO"

So, in all its "glory", scroll through the photos:

So...much... clutter... *shudders*
First few pictures, "Oh that's not too bad."

Scroll down a bit, "Oh what in the name of holy fuck..."

That's some quality ATBGE. Pool looks pretty dope though.

Wait, is that a nativity scene right on top of the waterfall into the pool? Yeesh.

I wonder if this is the same house my wife was looking at last night.

Also your word for today is “gingerbread.”

—Patrick
But the house I posted is definitely not gingerbread. A lot of the homes where I grew up in North Jersey, or a good chunk of Martha's Vineyard would be true gingerbread. I don't know if you remember any of it when you were living in Linden, although it was more common in Roselle, Cranford, Westfield, etc.

GasBandit

Staff member
But the house I posted is definitely not gingerbread. A lot of the homes where I grew up in North Jersey, or a good chunk of Martha's Vineyard would be true gingerbread. I don't know if you remember any of it when you were living in Linden, although it was more common in Roselle, Cranford, Westfield, etc.
It's always astonishing to me how much different places can be, when they're in a small state and ostensibly nearby. NJ is roughly the same size as the DFW metroplex, which itself has about 200 incorporated towns... but outside of downtown areas (and slums), it's pretty homogenous from one end to the other.

Of course, you don't get a lot of architectural diversity across most of Texas. Ranch, ranch, ranch, ranch....

I mean, if you asked me what made, say, Brenham distinct from Belleville or Caldwell or Navasota or Hearne or Madisonville, about the only thing I could say is "Well Madisonville has a Buc-ee's!"

when you were living in Linden
Ooo, you remembered!
I had no private means of travel at the time, so Linden was essentially a bedroom for me and not much else. Most of the time I saw it, it was already dark. Around here, we have many houses built by lumber barons of the 1880’s, and “gingerbread” can also be used to mean “covered with too much ornamental crap.”

—Patrick

Okay, history question.

72 x A = B679C

A, B, C
are integers. B, C are single digits.

So using logic, a person can solve this in about 15 seconds.

When could a computer brute force the answer faster?

Last edited:
When I said I was "working on a story," it was really just a list of gags I wanted to see. One was just an excuse to make the subtitles read "[Violent HanaKana noises]"

Nor this one.

Am... am I not a real person?
That just means you're young. Remember your rules of divisibility.

A number can be evenly divided by 8 if the last 3 digits can be divided by 8.

A number can be evenly divided by 9 if the sum of its digits can be divided evenly by 9.

72 = 8 x 9

figmentPez

Staff member
That just means you're young. Remember your rules of divisibility.

A number can be evenly divided by 8 if the last 3 digits can be divided by 8.

A number can be evenly divided by 9 if the sum of its digits can be divided evenly by 9.

72 = 8 x 9
Even knowing that wouldn't allow mean that I could solve it in 15 seconds. Using a calculator it took me well over a minute, and that's just for the math alone, without having to figure out the logic. If I had to do the math by hand/brain, then it would have taken me much longer.