I am upset at the death of a woman that died 4 years before I was born.

I have been on a YouTube kick of watching "What's My Line."

Dorothy Kilgallen was the real star of the show. She was an investigative reporter that also was involved in the Broadway gossip industry.

She took a detailed look into the JFK assassination. Because he was really kind to her son that was in the 3rd grade. Took time out to greet him and read letters from his classmates.

After the assassination she questioned the lone gunman theory that J Edgar Hoover pushed. She interviewed Jack Ruby, and released his Warren Commission testimony before LBJ even saw it.

She died of an alcohol and several barbiturate overdose. Even though she was not known for severe alcohol or drug abuse.

She was like if Oprah and Bob Woodward was one person.

There was no investigation.

I highly recommend the What's My Line channel on YouTube. It was a great show.
Post automatically merged:

My 4 year old saw baby Yoda and said “Look, it’s baby Jesus!”
There is only one young Jesus...

*snort*
I'm in class right now. And we're discussing whether modernity is a blessing or a curse.
I answered in a word. Literally. My answer was 'yes.'
The other young guy in the class who has English as a first language has been talking for... 10-15 minutes now.

Honestly. For the most part, I like this guy - he is bright and speaks well. But good lord, be quiet!

*snort*
I'm in class right now. And we're discussing whether modernity is a blessing or a curse.
I answered in a word. Literally. My answer was 'yes.'
The other young guy in the class who has English as a first language has been talking for... 10-15 minutes now.

Honestly. For the most part, I like this guy - he is bright and speaks well. But good lord, be quiet!
Did anyone tell him he doesn't need to filibuster?

Did anyone tell him he doesn't need to filibuster?
Nope. We're all too damn nice.
And to be honest - the other (older) white guy in the class is so so sooooo much worse. (but for some reason, he's not here today)
The other guy just adores talking about his own church projects, his church planting and growth, and how wonderful his "inter-cultural" congregation is. He's nauseating to listen to.

Nope. We're all too damn nice.
And to be honest - the other (older) white guy in the class is so so sooooo much worse. (but for some reason, he's not here today)
The other guy just adores talking about his own church projects, his church planting and growth, and how wonderful his "inter-cultural" congregation is. He's nauseating to listen to.
Dammit - the chatty big-ego guy is back.

There was a blood donation drive near my office building today. I went in to ask if people who've lived in the UK are still banned from donating blood. They said yes, unfortunately still banned.

It's a pity. They need blood, I want to give blood, but I might have Mad Cow Disease so no one gets my blood.

Dave

Staff member
Not sure if this is a well known thing, but I just discovered it today. The iconic "That's not a noife!" scene from Crocodile Dundee. Watch the clip. But you HAVE to turn on Closed Captioning and read it, not listen to the dialogue.

Again, you guys may have known about this for years, but I'm late to the party.

Not sure if this is a well known thing, but I just discovered it today. The iconic "That's not a noife!" scene from Crocodile Dundee. Watch the clip. But you HAVE to turn on Closed Captioning and read it, not listen to the dialogue.

I don't get it. Just that the closed captioning is set to the wrong scene?

So.. the uploader put the wrong captions on, because that's dialogue from a different scene. Is that what you wanted us to see?

Not a whine, definitely not a rant. This just... is.

Car has an actual issue. Not the potential catalytic converter or the head gasket reputation. The handbrake won't hold. Doesn't affect slowing or stopping when driving, but it can't be good for the transmission. I called the local garage, and even to get an estimate they'd have to do nearly as muck work just to get to and examine the problem as it would to just go ahead and fix. Preliminary estimate is anywhere from $40 to ~$150.

I *think* I've stocked up enough to get to the next after-rent paycheck, so it's gonna get done. It's got to get done.

I was just described as "enthusiastic and well informed" by my doctorate program coordinator in an e-mail to another prof.

Enthusiastic (probably overly so) I will grant. But 'well informed'?!?!? I literally just lol'd.

Also, if I'm coming across as both those things, I have gotten way way better at hiding my mental illness(es). so... yay?

I was just described as "enthusiastic and well informed" by my doctorate program coordinator in an e-mail to another prof.

Enthusiastic (probably overly so) I will grant. But 'well informed'?!?!? I literally just lol'd.

Also, if I'm coming across as both those things, I have gotten way way better at hiding my mental illness(es). so... yay?
Must be the Blessing.

Dave

Staff member
I was planning on taking Wednesday off to play World of Warcraft with the new expansion. Then my wife asked me if I could get off a bit early on Tuesday. So I thought about it, took Tuesday off, and also put in for Monday. 3 vacation days, 9 day weekend.

I was planning on taking Wednesday off to play World of Warcraft with the new expansion. Then my wife asked me if I could get off a bit early on Tuesday. So I thought about it, took Tuesday off, and also put in for Monday. 3 vacation days, 9 day weekend.
I took off the whole week too. I'll likely stay at the house. But I have not taken any time off since my mom's arm healed.