In a week, my cat has gone from a quiet gentle well behaved sweet boy to a hyper troublemaking spaz. I love him.

I've discovered a personal ear-worm eraser. It's a short, continually repeating playlist of ear-worms that are so individually catchy that you can't remember the previous song's catchiness while listening the current song. I've been listening to it nonstop on repeat for more than two days now, and I can't remember any of the songs, nor am I sick of any of the songs, and I enjoy each one each time it plays. This is fucking weird. The list, in case anyone is curious:

1. Volbeat - Battleship Chains
2. Outkast - Hey Ya!
3. The Chicks - March, March
4. The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be in Good Company
5. Modest Mouse - The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box
6. The White Stripes - Icky Thump

The playlist doesn't make sense, just like the world right now.

Dave

Staff member
I've discovered a personal ear-worm eraser. It's a short, continually repeating playlist of ear-worms that are so individually catchy that you can't remember the previous song's catchiness while listening the current song. I've been listening to it nonstop on repeat for more than two days now, and I can't remember any of the songs, nor am I sick of any of the songs, and I enjoy each one each time it plays. This is fucking weird. The list, in case anyone is curious:

1. Volbeat - Battleship Chains
2. Outkast - Hey Ya!
3. The Chicks - March, March
4. The Dead South - In Hell I'll Be in Good Company
5. Modest Mouse - The Ground Walks, with Time in a Box
6. The White Stripes - Icky Thump

The playlist doesn't make sense, just like the world right now.
I’ll just listen to the Dead South on repeat and never look back.

The crows are screaming. Big, fat, loud crows. Maybe it’s that books of yours. Maybe it’s the discount cookware I found while shopping for garden ware. Maybe it’s all the PoE playing and they want to add to the ambiance. Little do they know I can’t hear them over my AirPods.

Seriously though. Our son and I went out to grab some veggie transplants, herb starts and marigolds and when we came home we had to take the driveway slowly because of all the crows in it. They screamed at us from the woods and overhead as we put the plants on the steps.

Weird.

Dave

Staff member
My daughter worked for a time at Bellevue University in the financial aid department. She had to quit, though, when she got married and her husband got stationed at Fairchild AFB in Spokane.

This afternoon we got our university newsletter. I never read these damned things. But they said there might be some health stuff in it that we need to read so I opened it up. This is the first one I opened in like 2 years. On a whim I clicked the link at the bottom about career opportunities. The very first one was: Relationship Manager - Fairchild AFB.

Holy fucking shit. Sam has been looking for a job and hasn't been able to find one. I sent an email to the manager in charge but he's out until tomorrow. She left on good terms and so far they haven't found anyone who wants the job. It's been posted since the middle of June.

Dave

Staff member
I love it when businesses send out computer generated stuff. It can be weird or amusing.

Like this email I got today to update the Halforums SSL.

David, Renew Your Free SSL for 50% off

*sigh*
Officially, we got confirmation that at civil weddings at city hall, from August 1st, 200 people can come. So we sent out our invitations.
Now, we've gotten confirmation from City Hall, that while, yes, technically, 200 people can come to a wedding, the wedding hall is too small so only 30 people can come. Well, that sucks. Given my fiancées amount of sisters and nieces and nephews, we can literally take no-one but the direct family, godparents, and witnesses. That's it - we're at 30. Even international friends flying in, tough luck - they'll have to wait outside. Sigh.

*sigh*
Officially, we got confirmation that at civil weddings at city hall, from August 1st, 200 people can come. So we sent out our invitations.
Now, we've gotten confirmation from City Hall, that while, yes, technically, 200 people can come to a wedding, the wedding hall is too small so only 30 people can come. Well, that sucks. Given my fiancées amount of sisters and nieces and nephews, we can literally take no-one but the direct family, godparents, and witnesses. That's it - we're at 30. Even international friends flying in, tough luck - they'll have to wait outside. Sigh.
Hugs and stuff, buddy! Rough times...

We planned for 99 people, 5 of those from US. Date for mid april...
In the end it was the two of us and the officiant, and later a livestream of our vows for friends and family.
Big party delayed to next year, but hey: MARRIED!
Only took us 19 1/2 years. :)

I’m off sick for the afternoon with a fever, headache and runny nose. I feel awful and really struggled through this morning’s calls.

I think I just scared the Amazon dude when I answered the door. This shirt is not one I should be wearing around people.

But yay, my phone, Apple Watch and AirPods charging doohickey arrived.

Amazon Prime month is eeeeevil. I should end it with a Snuffles.

I’m off sick for the afternoon with a fever, headache and runny nose. I feel awful and really struggled through this morning’s calls.

I think I just scared the Amazon dude when I answered the door. This shirt is not one I should be wearing around people.

But yay, my phone, Apple Watch and AirPods charging doohickey arrived.

Amazon Prime month is eeeeevil. I should end it with a Snuffles.
Jusr because I cleaned the house, doesn't mean you should clutter it up.

Last edited:
Heh heh... it transpired today that everyone in my department, including me, has forgotten how to use one of our software tools. Admittedly we don't need to use it much, which is why we've all forgotten how to use it, but it's funny that out of the four people in my department, not a single one can use this tool properly right now. It'd be like if a team of doctors all forgot how to set up their emails.

When my supervisor learned of this, she just sighed, closed her eyes, and said, "Okay, I'm setting up a remedial training session for next Friday."