Have you never argued with a stupid person before?
See I have this conversation with my wife all the time about how blessed she is to work with the upper crust of intelligence in society on a daily basis. She's never really had to work the truly stupid.

So, to answer your question, I am an expert in speaking with idiots.

Remember folks, just because Burger King is open on Saturdays, doesn't mean that Saturday is a regular business day.

GasBandit

Staff member
There was one time where a "voice recognition" typo nearly could have landed me in hot water if I hadn't caught it before I sent the text. I dictated a text to a female underling at the radio station to double check her work, then come see me. I said "Take a look at Cricket and then come see me in my office." What google voice recognition interpreted was "Take a swig of benadryl and then come see me in my office."

Okay so weird question.

A woman here at my work was talking to me and tried to talk me into buying a pillow. Specifically, this pillow. Here's the thing, she tells me that the guy who hocks this thing says it promotes improved nutrients throughout your body. Now, I understand that a better pillow might help with neck pain, but NUTRIENTS?!? Unless you are completely cutting off your blood flow to your brain every night, your pillow wouldn't make any meaningful difference with "nutrients".

Am I off base with this?
You could respond with, "The website you gave me doesn't mention ANYTHING about nutrients" or just the simple, "Prove it."

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay so weird question.

A woman here at my work was talking to me and tried to talk me into buying a pillow. Specifically, this pillow. Here's the thing, she tells me that the guy who hocks this thing says it promotes improved nutrients throughout your body. Now, I understand that a better pillow might help with neck pain, but NUTRIENTS?!? Unless you are completely cutting off your blood flow to your brain every night, your pillow wouldn't make any meaningful difference with "nutrients".

Am I off base with this?
A good pillow might help with more than just neck pain, if it's keeping you from snoring or having sleep apnea, but I'm pretty sure that oxygen is not generally considered a nutrient. I've heard that getting good blood oxygenation during the night helps your liver function, but I'm not sure of that, and that's not directly related to nutrients, either.

Doesn't Apple offer, like, free overnight shipping or something? Camden lady can't wait a whole extra day to listen to her song?
(...doo-dahh doo-dahh...)

--Patrick

My wife's mother couldn't remember the phrase "Big Dick Energy" and so she used the phrase "Fat Dick Spirit" instead and I just wanted to share that.

From the article:
A coyote disrupted several flights at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport on Monday morning.

A spokesperson for Sky Harbor told Arizona's Family once the coyote made it onto the airfield several staffers were able to chase it away. The animal left the property and exited toward the riverbed, south of the airport.

Three flights had to circle the Phoenix-area until staff ensure the runway was clear. There were no other impacts to operations at the airport.