I’m off to work shortly in this shirt to host a pizza/Mario Kart party with kids and coworkers and then we’re done until next year!
E9E02AB6-0E20-4FE5-8277-DF26A46F7812.jpeg

Have a Hap-Pika Christmas!

Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Happy Happy Joy Joy Joy!

AAAARG!

I love my job, but oof. Today is the most stressful day of the year. (Even Easter isn't as bad, though it's a close second, what with the 5am sunrise service.)

My dad ask me to help him buy a new phone. Somehow, I ended up buying a new phone for me and giving my old one to him.

I was watching Lemmino's The Lost Colony of Roanoke, and it reminded me of old episodes about ghosts of "That's incredible" and how they scared me as a kid. There's nothing scary about the video but the memories about how I felt as a kid make me nervous.

My kitty woke up and decided to be incredibly snuggly and affectionate. Poor guy doesn't realize that I'm enjoying it so much I've put off feeding him.

My daughter decided she wanted to be a traitor today, so I just put her in a first time snowboarder lesson.

Starting back in July my phone started to have issues charging. It would just drop the charge and not notice the charger in it. It's gotten worse and worse and now I have to plug in my phone flat on the ground and not touch it. Even the slightest movement causes it to stop charging. Meaning I can't use it while it's charging. My phone is 4 years old so I figure it's just gonna need to be replaced soon.

The last few days, my work charger just stopped working completely if I am not physically holding it in. My phone barely makes it a full day.

So I finally google my issue. Just because why not. First response "see if there's lint blocking it."

I use a thumbtack to scrape the charging port. A massive wad of lint comes out. My phone instantly connects to the charger and can be moved with no issue.

I'm a moron.

I finally google my issue. Just because why not. First response "see if there's lint blocking it."
I'm glad you did that, because the issue you describe, especially the part about it getting worse over time, just screams LINT THERE'S LINT GET THE LINT OUT.

--Patrick

Starting back in July my phone started to have issues charging. It would just drop the charge and not notice the charger in it. It's gotten worse and worse and now I have to plug in my phone flat on the ground and not touch it. Even the slightest movement causes it to stop charging. Meaning I can't use it while it's charging. My phone is 4 years old so I figure it's just gonna need to be replaced soon.

The last few days, my work charger just stopped working completely if I am not physically holding it in. My phone barely makes it a full day.

So I finally google my issue. Just because why not. First response "see if there's lint blocking it."

I use a thumbtack to scrape the charging port. A massive wad of lint comes out. My phone instantly connects to the charger and can be moved with no issue.

I'm a moron.
Been there. Done that.

Dave

Staff member

I'm a moron.
Hey better that than any of the alternatives like having to go buy a new phone. I'll take one of those issues any day of the week.

Friday my mouse stopped working. I changed the batteries and still nothing. I opened it up and cleaned it thoroughly but still nada. I have another mouse but it's not wireless and the cord doesn't reach. So I went to the store and bought a wireless mouse. I get home, rip open the package...and it's indeed NOT a wireless mouse. The cord, though, is long enough to reach so I'm sucking it up.

Next time I buy technology I'm not going to destroy the package while opening it.

Hey better that than any of the alternatives like having to go buy a new phone. I'll take one of those issues any day of the week
Oh yeah I'm very happy with the result. It's just been annoying me for 6 months and it was just a free 2 minute fix.

I'm a moron.
I had this with an older phone I used to have. I honestly have seen it affect more guys than women, I think it’s because we tend to carry in our pockets.

I'm a moron.
Heh, had that problem, but with the audio jack...

And it wasn't just lint, that took some cleaning.

Went through 2 sets of earbuds before i realised why moving the jack around helped.

Anyone here use Postmates? Because I just want to know if people KNOW if and when they get their food, because I picked up a DOZEN donuts and an iced coffee, wasn't FIVE blocks out...and they cancelled the order...leaving me with a dozen donuts and an ice coffee, all of which I either gave away or sold to strangers. Just saying, I get it if they haven't GOTTEN to the restaurant yet, but once a body has gotten the package, cancelling it is just poor form at that point. This is happening, donuts are HAPPENING!

I'm a moron.
I'm gonna guess USB C? Yeah... Turns out it does that a lot.

Harry & Meghan are essentially resigning from the Royal Family & moving to Canada. Honestly it's become increasingly obvious since their wedding that they both highly resent the press intrusion into their lives & the tabloids have responded to that by trying to turn the public against them (because British tabloids are scum) so this is probably the best thing for them.

I'm honestly amazed that the tabloids still have as much power as they do after Diana, but I suppose that the general public has a short memory and a huge appetite for privacy invasion.

Also, I enjoy this take:

Last edited: