I had a similar experience when I was 18. I was working a crappy retail job. It was super busy, so I was on the register processing customers as fast as I could. I call "next!" and then look up to see a woman so beautiful that my brain just... stopped? I just stammered for a second. I recovered quickly, but I will never forget being truly stunned by how attractive someone was.
The only time I can think of this (while sober) was when I was a freshman in college filming highlights of the school's volleyball team. Me and my friend were going to the game on the floor, and turns out we were walking through the same hall that the players use to get to the court. I also tend to have a bit of a "thing" for taller, athletic girls and surrounded by like 20 of them. I basically stopped moving because I was unable to process it.

Dave

Staff member
@GasBandit is currently locked out of the board. He tried to get into the new cPanel to look at something and put in the wrong password too many times. We think his IP has been blacklisted. I have a ticket opened as we think it's at the host level.

My daughter sprained her knee in Gymnastics on Halloween, and she's starting to go back to gymnastics. She's not fully healed yet so she's not doing the high impact things, but she is terrified of doing anything that causes any discomfort because she's afraid of hurting herself, but I also know that using her knee is still going to hurt for a while until it gets used to being used again, and I also don't want her to quit things out of fear. She can do dance class mostly fine, so I'm not really worried about the hurting herself thing, since she's not doing anything high impact here past gradually trying to do round offs. But she's nearly 14, so it's a pretty big battle of wills to even get her to listen to me, much less believe me when I tell her that her knee being sore afterwards is part of the healing process. I'm not going to make her stick with gymnastics after this season, but at the start of this season I asked her several times if she wanted to do it this year and she said yes, and the money is spent, and I know that quitting out of fear is not the best idea, so bleeeeeeeeh.

My daughter sprained her knee in Gymnastics on Halloween, and she's starting to go back to gymnastics. She's not fully healed yet so she's not doing the high impact things, but she is terrified of doing anything that causes any discomfort because she's afraid of hurting herself, but I also know that using her knee is still going to hurt for a while until it gets used to being used again, and I also don't want her to quit things out of fear. She can do dance class mostly fine, so I'm not really worried about the hurting herself thing, since she's not doing anything high impact here past gradually trying to do round offs. But she's nearly 14, so it's a pretty big battle of wills to even get her to listen to me, much less believe me when I tell her that her knee being sore afterwards is part of the healing process. I'm not going to make her stick with gymnastics after this season, but at the start of this season I asked her several times if she wanted to do it this year and she said yes, and the money is spent, and I know that quitting out of fear is not the best idea, so bleeeeeeeeh.
Update: after talking with one of her coaches, I semi-bullied her into trying the beam that had a bunch of mats piled up under it to make the fall short. After doing that for 20 minutes she was confident enough to go back on the beam with the full fall, so PARTIAL SUCCESS.

So for anyone who orders from Grubhub, chances are you'll get MORE options given that I just got-A GRUBHUB DRIVER CREDIT CARD! I mention more options, as beforehand you could only order from places on the app, NOW it seems like their gonna copy Postmates'/Doordash's order and pay function. Next stop, getting rid of the god damned gamified ranking system that just makes working a pain!

Dave

Staff member
I got home early tonight, fired up Ark, & started my stream at 3:30 or so. 0 viewers. So about 7 I needed to get food so I went to pause it....turns out I hadn't been streaming AT ALL and had (I think) hit the start button twice. Everyone missed some funny stuff, too.

:facepalm:

If this Star Trek TNG music doesn't immediately convey the image of a poorly drawn horse playing a saxaphone, I envy you....or pity.

Dave

Staff member
Okay so this is a weird question. I’m making a new game show for my business. I think I have everything figured out...except the name.

Basically you have two teams. The first one up gets to guess the percentage of people answering “would you rather” type questions. The other team predicts whether the actual value is higher or lower. Whichever team wins gets a point and the pick of a category. We then play a karaoke song from that category and they get to guess the song, artist, or both. Points given out accordingly.

So it is a lot like name that tune, but I don’t want to call it that for copyright reasons.

What would you call this game?

GasBandit

Staff member
Okay so this is a weird question. I’m making a new game show for my business. I think I have everything figured out...except the name.

Basically you have two teams. The first one up gets to guess the percentage of people answering “would you rather” type questions. The other team predicts whether the actual value is higher or lower. Whichever team wins gets a point and the pick of a category. We then play a karaoke song from that category and they get to guess the song, artist, or both. Points given out accordingly.

So it is a lot like name that tune, but I don’t want to call it that for copyright reasons.

What would you call this game?
... Wasn't there a Jackbox game that did exactly this?

I was right. Guesspionage.

https://jackboxgames.fandom.com/wiki/Guesspionage

Dave

Staff member
Never played it. But the addition of the songs makes it a longer game and better suited for audiences.

Either Or...chestra?
Over Under Tune of Wonder?
Itty Bitty Ditty Committee?
Song Division?
Raucous Caucus?
Split Musician (or Split Audition)?
Piano Split? (pronounced "pee-ANN-uh")

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Billie Eilish has turned 18. You know what that means?

She's old enough to order 12 fascinating issues of Zoobooks for $19.95 if she calls 1-800-441-2400. When she calls, they'll include the bonus Elephants issue, stickers, and Tiger Poster with her order.

Dave

Staff member
Rock 'n' Poll is really good! I like it!

The others you suggested were silly.

I did like @Cheesy1's suggestion, but I think it would have been like The Oneders in "That Thing You Do".