I'm seriously considering shuttering my youtube channel, because even though I've marked it as "not for kids" and use profanity in nearly every video, some bureaucrat might decide one of my game reviews or tutorials is "for kids" because a kid might want to watch it and haul me into court.
Somebody has to be the test case to get the law tossed as unconstitutionally vague. Why not you? :D

The results for the exams in my postgrad course were released today. If I'm not mistaken, the cutoff for a Distinction classification (which is the highest level for a masters degree around here) is an average grade of 70 or more.

I got a 69.7. :rofl:

I can still bump it up to a Distinction overall if I do a great job on my dissertation. Honestly, I didn't care about whether I got a Distinction before, but now that I know I'm so close, I kinda want to go for it.
Update:

The first marker for my dissertation has released his grade. He gave me a 73, which bumps my overall average up to around 70.4 (ie, a Distinction). There's still the second marker's grade to come in, but so far it looks like I might be getting a Distinction for my degree.

GasBandit

Staff member
More info of how youtube is using Coppa to screw creators.

Coppa has an exception for "general audience" content, IE, appeals to both kids and adults. Youtube's system does not allow for this exception - because doing so would decrease corporate profits.

I suddenly have a burning urge to eat hot pockets.

The weird thing is I literally haven't touched a hot pocket for more than 20 years, and I'm not currently doing anything that would remind me of hot pockets. Nor do I particularly like hot pockets.

Well, if you succumb, you will probably have a sudden burning urge NOT to eat hot pockets, followed later by another burning urge to never eat them again.

--Patrick

How to be a pro (Gaby spells it proo):proo.jpg
  • Eat chocolate
  • Play on your pc
  • Be happy
  • Fly
  • Troll everybody
  • Put sunglasses so you would look more pro than you are
  • The most important thing: Draw. If you don't, you'll never be a true pro.
  • Have cat bodyguards. It will make you more pro.

My ipod touch screen cracked from a one foot fall, it had a silicone bumper case, but no screen protection. It appears to be still functional, but I don't like running a finger over the cracks, so I ordered a new case with a plastic cover. I really only use it for podcasts these days, but I have spent money on apps in the past, so if the cover keeps me safe, I'll wait to replace it. Too bad there are no black friday/.cyber monday deals on them. They aren't easy to find even on the apple store website.

Do you have UBreakiFix in town? They replaced my daughter’s iPhone screen really unexpectedly. The Apple store would have charged me a fortune.
Post automatically merged:

Inexpensively. I expected them to do it because I paid them lol.

iPhone screens are designed to be replaced (replaceable screws, connectors, etc).
iPod Touch screens are not (glued on, much harder to replace properly).

--Patrick

I was scared about the phone and was super relieved to find the cheap repair place.
She had to use it out of a ziplock until we fixed it. She was running into Old Navy and it hit the cement at a run lol.
Post automatically merged:

I’ve been up for over 24 hours, I travelled all day, lugged heavy crap through airports and got stuck with the talker from hell on flight 2 or 3 which was of course the longest leg.

How am I still awake??

I’ll rant about this dude sometime, he was every kind of wrong:

Dirty and unbathed
He kept touching my arm and picked up my hand to examine my severe wind burn
Racist stories
A story about a hate crime he took part in
Wildly weird and inappropriately personal stories including anecdotes about all the crack he used to do
He called me a good girl more than once
Said rude things about my coworker who is super nice
And he clearly had memory issues so many stories were repeated and pictures were re-shown

I try to be nice, but I pretended to fall asleep to get him to stfu. No dice :(

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
Friend of mine took me to lunch today. We had to run errands so we were pretty far away from work. We noticed there was a Popeye's near where we were at and neither of us had tried the chicken sandwich we'd heard so much about. We got in line, which wasn't bad at all, and....

I get what the fuss is all about. Fucking things are amazing. Yes, better than IHateGays-fil-A or any other place I've had them. Popeye's chicken sandwich is far and away the best one I've had.

They're good, but they're also ~1.5x the calories compared to a Chic fil-A sandwich. Honestly I was surprised it was so much higher, seems like it's mostly extra fat and some extra breading. I guess that's partly why they taste so good.

One of my HR volunteers just tried to argue that my vacation days are all days that I'm off, not working days that I'm off, and that as such I've used up all of my vacation time between now and the end of June next year.
Lol. Nope! As per my e-mail from last winter, you are wrong. And as per the HR manual, you are wrong. With section references.

Not today Satan. Not today.

One of my HR volunteers just tried to argue that my vacation days are all days that I'm off, not working days that I'm off, and that as such I've used up all of my vacation time between now and the end of June next year.
Lol. Nope! As per my e-mail from last winter, you are wrong. And as per the HR manual, you are wrong. With section references.

tumblr_3e504185fbb725ab9cd298214fe8d33b_10ebe9fc_1280.jpg

A chock is what you use to stop a wheel from rolling, a cock is what you put in your wife. ~ hobo wisdom from work today

GasBandit

Staff member

Wtf. This idiot really tried to say your weekends and statutory holidays count against your accrued vacation??!

Semi-related, but I found out today that of the 3 weeks of PTO he gets, my coworker has used a total of 2 whole hours of it this year. We get to roll over a maximum of one week and everything else goes away. He says he's planning on taking a few days off and maybe some half days but probably letting a week expire. It's not even like we have a work environment that discourages the use of time off, he just legitimately doesn't care. I don't understand people.

Semi-related, but I found out today that of the 3 weeks of PTO he gets, my coworker has used a total of 2 whole hours of it this year. We get to roll over a maximum of one week and everything else goes away. He says he's planning on taking a few days off and maybe some half days but probably letting a week expire. It's not even like we have a work environment that discourages the use of time off, he just legitimately doesn't care. I don't understand people.
My husband was the same way before his job got rid of accrued time and just said "You can go on vacation whenever as long as we aren't busy." (aka, got rid of the need to reimburse unused vacation time)