Fuck it. This week has sucked giant cancer ridden elephant balls.

I'm just gonna put my pen under my watch band and make like it's a web shooter and I'm Spiderman.

Twip twip.

Dave

Staff member
Apparently, YouTube - aka Google - has started issuing bans on people's accounts that spam emotes in livechats for YouTube livestreamers. And by bans I mean they have completely locked them out from things like gmail, pictures, Drive, etc. Complete ban with no overturning.

Losing my gmail would seriously fuck me over. Talk about stupid.

Apparently, YouTube - aka Google - has started issuing bans on people's accounts that spam emotes in livechats for YouTube livestreamers. And by bans I mean they have completely locked them out from things like gmail, pictures, Drive, etc. Complete ban with no overturning.

Losing my gmail would seriously fuck me over. Talk about stupid.
Huh, that just happened to a friend of mine. I wonder if he emoted on a livechat...

I'm reading that as "if our sponsors don't feel comfortable advertising on your content, then you can't put it up here". On the one hand, probably less alt-right, white supremacist dog whistling as "product" on youtube. On the other hand... this ALWAYS affects the LGBTQ community more severely than the people who want them dead and they already have an algorithm demonetizing/hiding their content from people looking for it.

Regardless, expect someone to make Right Wing Youtube and for it crash and burn sometime two years later when no one wants to do advertising on it.

I know this was about YouTube’s decision to delete “commercially unviable” content, but don’t remember the exact wording.
I’m wondering if this isn’t also an attempt to essentially demand, “Allow Google to monetize your content or else face deletion.” If so, the ones who really need to watch out at the folks like Jim Sterling, who merely use YouTube as a place to host their content, but generate their income elsewhere.

—Patrick

I know this was about YouTube’s decision to delete “commercially unviable” content, but don’t remember the exact wording.
I’m wondering if this isn’t also an attempt to essentially demand, “Allow Google to monetize your content or else face deletion.” If so, the ones who really need to watch out at the folks like Jim Sterling, who merely use YouTube as a place to host their content, but generate their income elsewhere.

—Patrick
Jim Sterling generates his revenue elsewhere, but YouTube still generates revenue from running ads on his channel.

Jim Sterling generates his revenue elsewhere, but YouTube still generates revenue from running ads on his channel.
I thought he specifically had his content set so that nobody was allowed to monetize it? Or do you mean the usual YouTube banner ads?

—Patrick

I thought he specifically had his content set so that nobody was allowed to monetize it? Or do you mean the usual YouTube banner ads?

—Patrick
Episodes of the Jimquistion are set so no one can monetize them, but he's still a Youtube partner and monotizes other videos. He has to Copyright Deadlock Jimquistion episodes to keep publishers from trying to monetize his criticisms of them though.

Durrrrr, an add just popped up on a local buy and sell group for a bra 40C. And I was like, you can buy temperature rated bras?

Mr. Z and I currently on our Gargoyles binge on Disney+, and Mr. Z asks why do all the Gargoyles except for Hudson sound American? Shouldn't they sound Scottish or at a minimum, some kind of U.K. accent? Which...yeah, true.

So, with respect to the original voice cast who did a fantastic job, if you guys had to recast the Gargoyles with actual U.K. actors*, who would you cast?

(*Weird that they didn't let Marina Sirtis use her actual accent.)