So I've been listening to a Warcraft lore podcast while I whittle away my life playing WoW again, because I hate myself apparently. I just got to where the Warcraft movie was released and I don't know what I expected, but insane rambling about how it's one of the best movies they've seen and how it blew away their expectations was not it. Are they just.....you know, blind and deaf? At one point, one of the hosts says how the orcs looked so real that the real people looked like CG.

I think I'm just going to skip the episodes where they talk about the movie, because Jesus Christ.

Also, one of the cohosts mispronounces literally everything. THEY FUCKING SAY THE NAMES OF THESE THINGS IN GAME! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE ANYTHING?

I didn't know where else to post this nitpicky shit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Also, one of the cohosts mispronounces literally everything. THEY FUCKING SAY THE NAMES OF THESE THINGS IN GAME! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE ANYTHING?
It drives me nuts how the Team Four Star voice actor for Goku insists on saying go-KOO instead of GO-koo. When literally every other english voice actor, abridged and official, does it the latter way.

So I've been listening to a Warcraft lore podcast while I whittle away my life playing WoW again, because I hate myself apparently. I just got to where the Warcraft movie was released and I don't know what I expected, but insane rambling about how it's one of the best movies they've seen and how it blew away their expectations was not it. Are they just.....you know, blind and deaf? At one point, one of the hosts says how the orcs looked so real that the real people looked like CG.

I think I'm just going to skip the episodes where they talk about the movie, because Jesus Christ.

I didn't know where else to post this nitpicky shit.
In fairness, I thought the visuals of the Warcraft movie were pretty danged good, especially for the orcs. The problems were more with the writing, characters, plot, pacing, etc.

Also, Paula Patton is hot.

In fairness, I thought the visuals of the Warcraft movie were pretty danged good, especially for the orcs. The problems were more with the writing, characters, plot, pacing, etc.

Also, Paula Patton is hot.
Ok, but saying the orcs look SOOOO real that the real humans look fake? Pl. Eeeez.

Dave

Staff member
Today was a roller coaster.

Sammi’s boyfriend proposed. She said yes.

Because he got orders. He’s moving to Washington state. In October.

So congrats but damn is she moving far away.

Today was a roller coaster.

Sammi’s boyfriend proposed. She said yes.

Because he got orders. He’s moving to Washington state. In October.

So congrats but damn is she moving far away.
Congratulations! And congratulations to her too!

Is it me or is this relatively fast after moving out of her last boyfriend's living-together-arrangement-thingie? Maybe just my time perception is completely wrong, seems like you only moved out of there 3 months ago :confused:

Dave

Staff member
We moved May of last year. So WE moved 15 months ago but Sammi has moved out 4 months before that. So for her it’s been just shy of two years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Remember my former, former underling #1? Who quit a couple years ago to go work for a bail bondsman because the radio station wouldn't pay her what she was worth?

I got a linkedin notification today that she's become a salesperson... for a competing radio company in this market. (Not iHeart/Clear Channel).

Hah! That amuses me. I hope she does well at it. I'm prone to believe that these other guys are a nicer place to work than where I was (and a hell of a lot better than iH/CC). It was just harder to get a foot in the door there.

Dave

Staff member
Have you kept an eye on your old place of business to see how it's doing? Kind of a schadenfreude thing?

GasBandit

Staff member
Have you kept an eye on your old place of business to see how it's doing? Kind of a schadenfreude thing?
I can't help BUT. They've been paying me a retainer to go over there after hours occasionally and help out/continue training my replacement.

So yeah, it's definitely amusing to see certain spoiled people now moan and complain about how they have to do their job right themselves, now that I'm not there to wipe their asses for them.

Dave

Staff member
And now my son has put in his two weeks notice. Perfect fucking timing. He's got a car payment, rent to pay, and a phone. His sister is the co-signer of his loan so he needs to refinance it to get her name off of it.
GRAAAAAAAH!

They're doing International Menu stuff at McDonald's here in the states. Haven't heard about a change to Big Macs.
Putting the pieces together now, Canada is the test market for the changes to the core foods. The changes while promoted as better for the consumer are in fact design changes to allow for automation.

In the past week I've seen two different car accidents thanks to someone driving like a complete jackass, one of which sped off instead of staying around. Put in an order for a dash cam tonight.

I ain't complaining as the guy tipped me well but...why the FUCK would someone order a small sandwich/chips/soda order from a place TWENTY FOUR blocks away from the live?! That soda is WARM now friend, or at least not as cold.

I ain't complaining as the guy tipped me well but...why the FUCK would someone order a small sandwich/chips/soda order from a place TWENTY FOUR blocks away from the live?! That soda is WARM now friend, or at least not as cold.
The same reason I'd go from Main St in Flushing to W. 46th in Manhattan. The sammich is just that good.

At least in my case it was. Margon has an awesome Cuban.

For the same reason I would use grubhub rather than go myself. Because I want something from that place but I ain't traveling that far, let some other schmuck do that.

That's you, you're the schmuck here. But at least a well-tipped schmuck.

I didn't get enough sleep tuesday night so last night I went to bed at 9:30. I woke up at 5AM feeling incredibly well-rested. My thought was "if I did that every night, I could regularly do stuff in the morning and feel much better throughout the day."

Is this how the oldening begins?

Dave

Staff member
2019-08-15 06.24.13.jpg

My van this morning. How's YOUR morning going?

If you are wondering, someone broke in and tossed my van this morning. So far the only things I know that are missing are the registration/insurance information, 400 or so business cards with an incorrect phone number, and my wife's Mama Mia CD.