I like that the Twitter conversation answers that with (paraphrasing) "hopefully the kid's black enough so he can go to the beach without burnng to a crisp like his ginger daddy"

Finished a course today, and in the evaluations bit, the small group leader said: "You should spend some time considering why you are so quick to make self-deprecating comments."

Bitch, I'm clinically depressed. That just might have something to do with it.

I think it's hilarious overall though.

I had to pay the highest electrical bill I've ever had. It's funny how you can't live without certaint thing you never had before. In this case, air conditioner and electric shower. I've never had those things growing up and I never need them before. I had to buy both things after the accident. Vero needed AC when she was recovering the eye surgery and needed hot baths for her injuries. Now I can't stop using them.

Reddit is awesome sometimes. A guy posts a question about looking for a simple diagram on how to make a radio.

First post chastises him about how radios are really complex and he will not find a diagram.

Second post is a simple schematic, parts list and instructions on how to build a radio.

Reddit is awesome sometimes. A guy posts a question about looking for a simple diagram on how to make a radio.
First post chastises him about how radios are really complex and he will not find a diagram.
Second post is a simple schematic, parts list and instructions on how to build a radio.
I, too, miss the ###-in-one kits I had as a pre-teen.

--Patrick

You know, for all the ways I could have ended life as we know it on Earth, making potato salad instead of mashed potatoes was very low on the list.

It use to be when I typed nothing but an "h" in my google search bar, I'd always get Halforums, on account of how often I come here. Now I get "hematuria". Yay school.

Actual conversation from today:

Me: So, you're saying someone set up an experiment, tested a (crackpot) idea, and produced results that go contrary to established scientific theory, but ultimately it didn't pass peer review?

R: No, it did ok with peer with review, until someone looked at the testing method and evaluated the results.

Me: