Been doing the A/V setup for a combination movie theater, grille, and bowling alley this week. Here's a couple pics of things that I thought were neat...

Spoilered for length

A 2k, 22000 lumen digital movie projector

View attachment 31331

The pinsetters behind the lanes

View attachment 31332
View attachment 31333

The rack with my AV controls, DSP, satellite receivers, amps, etc

View attachment 31334

The bowling

View attachment 31335

The arcade (with ziplining)
View attachment 31336

The bar/grille
View attachment 31337

All in all it's got 19 input sources and 60 displays/projectors, 14 audio zones, and anything can be routed anywhere and adjusted via touch panel or computer.

Been a hell of a learning experience.

Edit
One more... The control interface
View attachment 31338
The release year for the "A few good men" quote at the floor in the arcade picture is wrong.

Dave

Staff member
I used to work at a bowling alley and had to fix those things when they broke down. Fun times considering I had no clue what I was doing.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a 4-pack box of cherry Pop-Tarts at your local Walmart. Seems they've cut back on inventory here, and none of the local Walmart carry them in that size box anymore. Dammit, you're Walmart, not Sams! I don't want a friggin' 16-pack.

There are times I forget where I live.

My wife's looking for new shoes - namely, New Balance athletic shoes. They're the only ones that really give her larger feet support, and they do tend to last longer than others. (Don't @ me over this, I prefer NB's but also have a pair of Nike's that I baby so they don't disintegrate on me.)

So, she asks if there's a place out here where we could get NB's, like a chain shoe store we had back in Wisconsin. I do a little bit of Googling...

...and I realize that New Balance has corporate stores in the Valley. Like, all over the Valley. There's a factory store in Glendale (a bit too far), and one by the Chandler Fashion Mall (closest), and one up in Scottsdale (uh, no).

I have to remind myself that I live in a metro area where there are more people in the county where I live than in 24 US states and all but three Canadian provinces...

I'm sadly realizing it's impossible to have a Dark Souls-ish username that doesn't sound like it was thought up by a pretentious 13-year-old edgelord.

Besides the European elections, we also had regional and national elections this past weekend. Plenty of interesting stuff to say about it, and of course most people are being dumbasses about it. Which means I make a long Facebook post...Haven't posted it yet, but it's now 2400 words, effectively meaning no-one will ever read it. Sigh.

Dave

Staff member
Had hail last night about 4:30. It was pretty bad. How bad you say? This is what the bottom of our hill looked like.

...An empty space where one might put a picture? Odd.

And it's also hailing over here, has been all day. Ugh. Ice and rain and crap and I'm supposed to go to the sauna center today.

Had hail last night about 4:30. It was pretty bad. How bad you say? This is what the bottom of our hill looked like.

Yuck! We only got the edge of that storm, so just rain. And there’s flooding again (if it wasn’t already still under water from the last flood).