FTFY

So your flight is delayed and you're stuck in an airport for 4 hours, bored out of your mind. Whatever shall you do?
Well, if you have a smartphone (and a cat!) and nothing else to do, maybe something like...this:

This seems like something I would do if I were younger.

I mean, I have done and still do stuff like this, I just don't leave the evidence around. I have no shame of public dancing, much to Mr. Z's chagrin.

But if Li'l Z and I get stuck at LAX in a few weeks, now I've got ideas to kill time. :devil:

Needs more kitty. Also, if you're alone at an airport, the kind of shot with your phone meters away while you're on a conveyor b elt is good way to lose your phone.

Needs more kitty. Also, if you're alone at an airport, the kind of shot with your phone meters away while you're on a conveyor b elt is good way to lose your phone.
True, but we're also seeing a tiny segment. We don't know a) how it was placed on or in the cat carrier, b) if she made a friend along the way or trusted somebody to stand by it, or c) how empty that section was at the time.

If she's alone at an airport, then there's nobody else around to steal her phone now, is there?

--Patrick

So...a old friend of mine (all the way back to junior high) gave me one HELL of a deal. He works at a mobile game studio in England. We're both long-time adventure game fans (Sierra, LucasArts, etc). We got to talking and he said something like "Every time I wanna play an old school adventure game I feel guilty and open up Adventure Game Studio and keep trying to make my own." I said, "Well, if you ever want to, say, co-write one, I know this writer guy."

Then he offered me a deal.

He said if I write - top to bottom - an adventure game idea (story, puzzles, etc), he'll build one for me. And we got splits on an artist.

Now my brain is wracking for ideas. My first obvious go-to is Dill, but I want to do something else. I'm actually trying to think of a setting that's never been done in an adventure game.

FTFY

So your flight is delayed and you're stuck in an airport for 4 hours, bored out of your mind. Whatever shall you do?
Well, if you have a smartphone (and a cat!) and nothing else to do, maybe something like...this:

--Patrick
Saw Instagram. She's a Lightning fan. Hard Pass.

I saw Cars before I was a dad. Heck, I saw Cars before I was even married.

—Patrick
I mean, so did we. We owned the dvd long before Li'l Z was even born. But we didn't introduce him to Cars, nor did we ever think it was going to be his obsession. Ah, the halcyon days...

I meant in the theater.

--Patrick
I figured. That's what I meant by, "so did we". I was trying to say that we enjoyed it prior to Li'l Z, but the thought never occurred to us that he was going to take an interest in it, especially after the franchise was so many years gone. (Not counting Planes.)

Dave

Staff member
So I figured out a way to fuck up Hamburger Helper. Instead of buying two of the same kind, accidentally buy two different ones and mix them because you didn’t notice until it was too late. One called for a little water and a lot of milk and the other called for a lot of water and a little milk. This experiment is going to be interesting.

So I figured out a way to fuck up Hamburger Helper. Instead of buying two of the same kind, accidentally buy two different ones and mix them because you didn’t notice until it was too late. One called for a little water and a lot of milk and the other called for a lot of water and a little milk. This experiment is going to be interesting.
index.jpg

When I first moved up here, I forgot to buy milk at the grocery store, so I ended up making my hamburger helper with coconut milk.

edit: The rageface still exists that I made about it 7 years ago, back when ragefaces were still a fad. hah!

Last edited:
A

Anonymous

Anonymous

When I was in highschool, I was in a very bad car accident. I was pretty fucked up mentally and physically for quite a while. The physical got better after some surgeries, but the mental stayed with me for a long time. Decades. You see, my little brother was in the car with me and he got seriously messed up. Brain injury, multiple fractures, months in the hospital. The other driver broke his neck and was in a HALO for quite some time. No one died - thank goodness. Still, I had serious, weighing guilt over it for a super long time. I still have moments, I guess. It actually has gotten better over the last 10 years. I've been able to let it go, and not marinate in it.

Recently, i was in a near-miss situation that would have been devastating. My kids and wife were in the car. It was at highway speeds. I don't know what would have happened. It didn't. I should be happy, but it fucked me up. I've cried every day since. I feel like throwing up when I think about it. I'm scared to drive.

I know it will get better, but my mind won't let go of what could have happened. I can't handle hurting someone again while behind the wheel of a car; especially my wife and kids.

That sounds an awful lot like PTSD. Regardless of whether I'm right or not, you should should consider talking to a professional. There's no shame in working out some very valid issues you have from that car accident.

HOLY SHIT. I somehow missed this earlier, but the amount of insecure man tears being shed over this ad are both tragic and hilarious.

figmentPez

Staff member
HOLY SHIT. I somehow missed this earlier, but the amount of insecure man tears being shed over this ad are both tragic and hilarious.
I went to try to find it posted on Tumblr so I could reblog it, and there are posts calling it the "toxic men have beards ad". :rofl:

I am the confusion. the ad is bad? it seems like its saying we need to start practicing what we preach? maybe im too dumb...

I am the confusion. the ad is bad? it seems like its saying we need to start practicing what we preach? maybe im too dumb...
Assholes (the very people who need to change the most) are angry that they are being told they should stop being assholes. I saw comments such as "the ad pushes men to be different from the way nature intended" or that "maybe Gillette needs to have ads where women stop being catty, stop gossiping, and stop tearing men down for fun. Oh wait, that's all they ever do and society is okay with it."

You know, standard misogynist bullshit.

Assholes (the very people who need to change the most) are angry that they are being told they should stop being assholes. I saw comments such as "the ad pushes men to be different from the way nature intended" or that "maybe Gillette needs to have ads where women stop being catty, stop gossiping, and stop tearing men down for fun. Oh wait, that's all they ever do and society is okay with it."

You know, standard misogynist bullshit.
Some are also saying that the ad calls men inherently bad just for being men.

Some are also saying that the ad calls men inherently bad just for being men.
If you watch that ad and feel personally attacked, then you are the problem. Or you're an idiot. Either way, you need to shut up.

(That's a rhetorical "you")